00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lucidstriker595 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How much effort on your appearance?

3,471 Views | 77 Replies

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 08:31:25

At 5/21/11 08:09 AM, Lintire wrote: Only thing I wish I hadn't done was go ahead and shave my head - I lost all of my luscious hair because, well, no reason - it was a whimsical thing, now I have to grow it all out again. But hell, least it was a change.

It has been a year now since I shaved my head and I still believe that it is far better than having it lengthy. There are so many benefits. When I wake up my hair doesn't look all crazy. When I get out the shower my hair doesn't take ages to dry. I can go walking in the rain without having horrid wet hair in my face.

It's just generally more practical and for me, I think I look better with my hair short compared with how I looked when it was longish.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 08:37:19

Ponytail, dark hoodie or two shirts (a long undershirt and short sleeve over) dark blue jeans and sneaker. Boom, douche-bag.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 08:39:12

At 5/21/11 08:31 AM, Dean wrote: It's just generally more practical and for me,

Oh, definitely. There's no denying that having shorter hair is just so much easier then having long hair - for the most part, you ignore it. It just sits there, and lets you get on with your day. Good stuff.

I think I look better with my hair short compared with how I looked when it was longish.

This is the part where I kind of get uncomfortable - apparently I just looked so much sexier, and strangely more masculine (although I think they're confusing my face now with my face then) with longer hair.
It was all luscious curls, and all the girls were just wanting to feel its soft, bouncy set. It worked.

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 08:42:10

At 5/21/11 08:31 AM, Dean wrote: It has been a year now since I shaved my head and I still believe that it is far better than having it lengthy. There are so many benefits. When I wake up my hair doesn't look all crazy. When I get out the shower my hair doesn't take ages to dry. I can go walking in the rain without having horrid wet hair in my face.

It's just generally more practical and for me, I think I look better with my hair short compared with how I looked when it was longish.

I would so fucking shave my head if I knew that I wouldn't look like Matt Lucas when he was in Shooting Stars. :(

I hate long hair.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 08:44:54

At 5/21/11 08:42 AM, Gagsy wrote: I hate long hair.

Aww .... well, there goes my chance.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 08:50:40

At 5/21/11 08:39 AM, Lintire wrote: It was all luscious curls, and all the girls were just wanting to feel its soft, bouncy set. It worked.

How short did you get your hair cut? I have a #2 buzz cut most of the time, occasionally going for a #1. You say you had the women feeling your curls, and yet no mention of them stroking your manly shaven head? Something isn't right.

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 08:57:25

Wax...in...hair? What are you wanting to look like FF10 Wakka or something?

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 09:02:22

At 5/21/11 08:42 AM, Gagsy wrote: I would so fucking shave my head if I knew that I wouldn't look like Matt Lucas when he was in Shooting Stars. :(

I hate long hair.

That's not a shaven head though. That's just... baldness. I'm sure Matt Lucas actually lost all his hair really early on in life, but I can't remember where I heard that. Think it was in an interview I saw with him.

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 09:04:39

Wax...in...hair? What are you wanting to look like FF10 Wakka or something?

Wax doesn't require you to put your hair up as high as it can go. I use it to make my hair less puffy.

How much effort on your appearance?

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 09:25:33

At 5/21/11 08:31 AM, Dean wrote: It has been a year now since I shaved my head and I still believe that it is far better than having it lengthy. There are so many benefits. When I wake up my hair doesn't look all crazy. When I get out the shower my hair doesn't take ages to dry. I can go walking in the rain without having horrid wet hair in my face.

It's just generally more practical

This is exactly why I decided to shave my head when I was 18. I had my hair around shoulder length from age 15-18. Not only was it a lot more work to take care of it, but anytime I was doing something active, which was almost everyday, I would have to wear a hat or a beanie to keep my hair out of my face. Hell, I couldn't even drive with my window down without wearing a hat.

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-21 11:52:53

I shave. That's it.

???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era,

What have I done with my life?

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-23 00:01:39

It seems every day I wake up I`m in a more painful state then when I went to sleep the night before. I`m almost positive I have had some form of cancer for the last 8-12 months in the form of a large lump in my throat, and my doctor refused to listen to me. I finally went to a walk in clinic in late April, and got an ultrasound the same day. I`m still waiting on the results. I have acute knock knees which are worsening every day. Some of my family are dying or injured, and my dad is extremely depressed due to the deaths in the family and my lack of an effort to connect with him as a son. My mother lives 4,000 miles away 6 months of the year (which frequently results in an empty fridge).

Out of all these things my failing health is what bothers me most, and the thoughts that come with this are very depressing. Will my beloved grandmother outlive me? I already realize my 22-year old brother probably will. For the first time in my life I have contemplated suicide, but I still think I would never bring myself to do such a thing. It would cause too much heartache.

To top it all off I live with a 75 year old man for reasons I wish not to indulge who I wish would just die already, and the fear of my dog outliving me seems to become greater every passing day.

The more I think about it the more I realize all I have left is the life I once thrived for. I have money; drugs; alcohol; friends and though I am still in search of a lover I am sexually satisfied.

However all these things came at various sacrifices. I`m not as quick-thinking as I once was; my relationship with my entire family has never been so deteriorated; and I have never felt worse health-wise. I put nearly no effort into my appearance because I see no reason to. I have everything I currently desire except for the things most people fall back on: family, food and health.

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-23 00:05:11

Maybe 30 minutes in the morning with a shower, brushing my teeth, then fixing any random flips with a hair straightener. I always wear jeans, they're just the most comfortable to me.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-23 00:15:13

At 5/20/11 10:43 AM, Luis wrote: Ive started putting on ties and jackets to the first day of ng related events lately, i figure i should be more professional about it. Thats about it.

I WANT GEORGE LOPEZ BACK!!! >:'(

Anyways, back on topic, I give nary a shite about my appearance since I don't consider myself attractive anyways. Brush my teeth, wash my face, and taking a shower every other day or so. As for clothes that people see me wearing can be broken into three parts: some t-shirt, some blue jeans, and some hoodie (optional).

There ya go, ladies.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-23 01:04:55

I have a shower, Dry my hair and puff it up into a mini afro bob :L And then I wear my favorite converse and any clothes outta my wardrobe, Interesting eh?

NEED A VOICE ACTOR?! YOU GOT ONE RIGHT HERE SWEETIE ;)

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-23 04:11:13

I shower a few times a week, don't comb my hair, and wear pretty much the same clothes for a few days. I'm a dirty ol' hippy.

Facebook

"Man creates his own reality."

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-23 04:41:14

I care a lot about my appearance actually. I dress in nice clothes, my hair is always clean and lookin' spiffy as fuck, I work out Monday-Thursday and Sundays, and I have generally good hygiene.

I WANT TO FUCK ON THE FLOOR AND BREAK SHIT

BBS Signature

Response to How much effort on your appearance? 2011-05-23 05:01:17

No effort at all. I don't give a hoot about appearances.

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature