00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Platform Movement = Glitched

565 Views | 4 Replies

Platform Movement = Glitched 2011-05-19 13:13:16

Hello. I am having problems with the built in platform movement for active objects. And before you tell me to buy the full version, I am using the full version of MMF. Anyway, when I apply the platform movement to an active object and run it in the IDE it works great. But, when I export to .swf the keys tend to stick randomly on some computers. I never experienced this problem on my computer but when I tried it in my sister's macbook pro and my mom's mac the problem was present.

Here's a game I released using the glitchy platform movement:

Other people are experiencing the problem too as you can see in reviews:

"I like the idea and puzzles but the controls seem to be sticking. Left or right randomly locks on."

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I would like to release an MMF exported flash that doesn't have keyboard compatibility problems....

Response to Platform Movement = Glitched 2011-05-19 15:02:08

wow your game is nice...the best muiltimedia game i have ever seen
anyway as for the lag...a lot of users are complaining from the program at random games
it was smooth for me but a lot of other games aren't...its still random at the moment...but maybe its related to the mechanics of the game....like how many objects on level or screen or how many lines of code working at the moment

Response to Platform Movement = Glitched 2011-05-19 15:21:36

At 5/19/11 03:02 PM, RyanBustersword123 wrote: wow your game is nice...the best muiltimedia game i have ever seen
anyway as for the lag...a lot of users are complaining from the program at random games
it was smooth for me but a lot of other games aren't...its still random at the moment...but maybe its related to the mechanics of the game....like how many objects on level or screen or how many lines of code working at the moment

The problem I'm referring to doesn't seem to pertain to lag. Mainly on Macs I've noticed this problem occurring. At random moments a key will stick even when the key is lifted and I have no way of rectifying the problem due to the fact that I used the program's platform movement. I'm just curious if anyone else out there has experienced this issue or know of any way to handle it.

Response to Platform Movement = Glitched 2011-05-19 15:29:27

I may not have elucidated the issue very well. Basically, the key stick doesn't stick for a terse moment but rather until the key is pressed again. There are times when the key is released and the player resumes walking in a selected direction even without your key input and he'll continue to walk in that direction until you press that key again. The two Apple machines I have experienced this on both handle flash games very well and lag never seems to be a problem.

Response to Platform Movement = Glitched 2011-05-20 07:14:48

At 5/19/11 03:29 PM, Wayne wrote: I may not have elucidated the issue very well. Basically, the key stick doesn't stick for a terse moment but rather until the key is pressed again. There are times when the key is released and the player resumes walking in a selected direction even without your key input and he'll continue to walk in that direction until you press that key again. The two Apple machines I have experienced this on both handle flash games very well and lag never seems to be a problem.

that happens when the browser lags not the game...it even happens with normal flash games....internet explorer mostly do that, and firefox don't, try changing the browser and fill us in again if that does it