00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted PeviAnimations supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Battlefield 3 vs COD

4,458 Views | 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-06 19:57:21

At 4/6/11 06:14 PM, IrishGun wrote: Grenades in Bad Company 1 and 2 were useless for anything except blowing walls open.

And unless you play as Recon and sit in a bush all day erryday, it requires some degree of teamwork if you want to win.

That's assuming this is BC2 we're talking about, right?

Suuuuure it does, if you're like super pro.

"Neither, they're both going to be the same game."

I'm finding it hard to look closely at that, but I'm sure I'll be enlightened if I try hard enough.

Yaaaaah it'll seem pretty obvious once you do say run into a problem at the end.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-06 20:12:18

At 4/6/11 06:59 AM, Spartan11054 wrote: I was just wondering since the trailers of battlefield 3 came out some time ago if gamers out there believe that this could be a cod killer? state your opinion =)

It is probably going to be the best game in a while. But it will not sway the dedication of the army of 12-16 year old CoD players.

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-06 20:47:48

Link about EA's marketing. CoD might actually go down if they market Battlefield properly. It already has won over the PC gamers so unless there is some sort of massive change in CoD's gameplay I can definitely see it going down.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-06 21:23:27

At 4/6/11 04:56 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 4/6/11 04:36 PM, Gopens2 wrote: How could they both be the same, i saw a reveiw for mw3 on the news some time ago and i heard you have to play a role as a soldier and do normal soldier duties.
News report by The Onion.

Also that MW3 trailer was a fan-made video.

it came from infinityward

U.S. ARMY

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-06 22:49:49

At 4/6/11 08:47 PM, Shnam wrote: It already has won over the PC gamers

Call of Duty has become primarily a console franchise, so winning over PC players wouldn't be nearly as hard as winning over the console players. And seeing how they are dumbing down Battlefield 3 on the console (less players in multiplayer, smaller maps, etc) it'll be much harder.

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-06 23:40:04

borderlands

Battlefield 3 vs COD

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-07 01:16:37

At 4/6/11 11:54 AM, RazorHawk wrote: Depends on your style of play, depends on what platform you play games on. Some people just like the faster, more frantic style of CoD, no reason to hate them for it, even if the game is as far away from real war you can get. Honestly, it would suck if there was only one developer of FPS games. I'm just glad there's choices, but there's no need to hope one franchise kills another just because it's not the style you personally prefer.

Very good point! I think to summary of your point is just to have fun right? I mean, in my perspective, gaming is just for fun, not competition, if u dont like the game, dont play it =)

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-07 15:17:11

At 4/7/11 01:16 AM, Spartan11054 wrote:
At 4/6/11 11:54 AM, RazorHawk wrote: Depends on your style of play, depends on what platform you play games on. Some people just like the faster, more frantic style of CoD, no reason to hate them for it, even if the game is as far away from real war you can get. Honestly, it would suck if there was only one developer of FPS games. I'm just glad there's choices, but there's no need to hope one franchise kills another just because it's not the style you personally prefer.
Very good point! I think to summary of your point is just to have fun right? I mean, in my perspective, gaming is just for fun, not competition, if u dont like the game, dont play it =)

It also depends on what your also looking for in a game, some people like more team based games like battlefield, some like the lone wolf game types of COD

U.S. ARMY

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-07 16:29:42

At 4/6/11 06:59 AM, Spartan11054 wrote: I was just wondering since the trailers of battlefield 3 came out some time ago if gamers out there believe that this could be a cod killer? state your opinion =)

Battlefield 3 vs CoD, really it's up to you
*Spoiler* BF3 wins

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-07 16:37:53

It's all down to opinion. Personally, I say MW2 absolutely kicked Bad Company 2's ass just because it was a hell of a lot more fun and also had less lag and glitches. But other people say MW2 was ruined by its community and exploits...
Neither CoD nor Battlefield are the superior franchise, imo. Someone who is a Battlefield fan will get Battlefield 3 and someone who's a CoD fan will get the next CoD installment.

Plus it's really cool to hate on CoD nowadays.

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-07 20:05:15

They are two completely different games and there is room in the market for both of them and you shouldn't put one better than the other because they are as compareable as a Mc'Donalds Burger and a Sirloin steak.

Yes they're from the same animal/genre, but they're completely fucking different.

*No longer PaperBoy, due to a technicality involving a 'missing' energy drink, I am now TiredBoy...

General Forum

The Funniest BBS Typo

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-07 21:06:18

At 4/7/11 04:37 PM, HammerBrute wrote: It's all down to opinion. Personally, I say MW2 absolutely kicked Bad Company 2's ass just because it was a hell of a lot more fun and also had less lag and glitches. But other people say MW2 was ruined by its community and exploits...
Neither CoD nor Battlefield are the superior franchise, imo. Someone who is a Battlefield fan will get Battlefield 3 and someone who's a CoD fan will get the next CoD installment.

Plus it's really cool to hate on CoD nowadays.

Yea its like saying "PS3 is better, no Xbox is better".... doesn't matter. Its all on your preferance of game

U.S. ARMY

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-08 00:35:10

Truthfully...im mostly looking towards the sounds and graphics. The gameplay will always be great in Battlefield, but the sounds are what is going to make this game. The sounds and destruction. :3

Steam: Kman

Sig by YenMuffin

"Women these days don't appreciate a gentleman, or chivalry, and they're especially not deserving of it."

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-08 20:45:57

You people STILL play FPS games?

Oh my god, how do you guys NOT get bored of just shooting and blowing things up?

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-09 03:45:36

At 4/8/11 08:45 PM, CritcalOne wrote: You people STILL play FPS games?

Oh my god, how do you guys NOT get bored of just shooting and blowing things up?

Simple pleasures for a boring day. FPS games are easy to get into and start blowing crap up for some mindless entertainment. It's not for everyone, but there is an appeal for a great number of people. I don't know why I enjoy the genre so much, maybe because it does actually have potential to be something much greater than it is, maybe because I just like to sit back and spray bullets everywhere before turning my eyes to a title that I want to sit and play for the story.

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-09 04:24:59

At 4/6/11 05:24 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: Black Ops started this with putting some actual effort into the story.

They may have put effort into it, but it was still incredibly stupid.

If the next game doesn't have an alright Campaign I may just stop buying them.

Also, to contribute to the thread, Battlefield will most likely be a better and more quality game, but it wont be a 'CoD Killer', it may slightly shrink the player-base of CoD though.

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-09 09:05:10

I hope BF3 doesn't appeal to younger players, so I wouldn't have to tolerate their nonsense while playing.

Check out the Flash RPG I made in 2024. It takes about 25 minutes to complete.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-09 09:08:21

At 4/9/11 09:05 AM, Jin wrote: I hope BF3 doesn't appeal to younger players, so I wouldn't have to tolerate their nonsense while playing.

Easy kills though.

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-09 11:00:16

At 4/6/11 08:12 PM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote:
It is probably going to be the best game in a while. But it will not sway the dedication of the army of 12-16 year old CoD players.

Dude theres alot of 20-30 year old loosers who think theyre B/A becuase they beat people at Cod

U.S. ARMY

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-09 11:01:31

At 4/8/11 08:45 PM, CritcalOne wrote: You people STILL play FPS games?

how do you get bored? its actually not that hard to not get bored

U.S. ARMY

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-10 04:00:26

At 4/9/11 04:24 AM, Snuff wrote:
At 4/6/11 05:24 PM, sinfulwolf wrote: Black Ops started this with putting some actual effort into the story.
They may have put effort into it, but it was still incredibly stupid.

If the next game doesn't have an alright Campaign I may just stop buying them.

I agree, Black Ops had a pretty shitty story, but to me it was along the lines of a popcorn movie plot. Stupid yes, but I was actually fairly entertained by it. It was also nice to see some true effort being put into plot... but it's just the first step. If they don't push the story I'll finally be done with Call of Duty, especially if the multiplayer is as much rinse and repeat as the series has been since 4. Which is a shame, because I still go back and play 2 and 3 from time to time.

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-11 03:29:25

True talk from a vet, as badass as this game looks, I don't think I will be picking it up. May end up in me having night terrors.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-11 15:15:28

At 4/11/11 03:29 AM, JohnnyDamon wrote: True talk from a vet, as badass as this game looks, I don't think I will be picking it up. May end up in me having night terrors.

With who and where did ya serve... if you feel like saying that is. I understand your feelings here. I've never gotten night terrors from these video games simply because for all their talk about being real, they're not. They can try but they can never get close. Which frankly is a good thing.

But I still understand yer feelings here fully. Hope yer tour wasn't too bad.

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-11 16:36:51

At 4/11/11 03:15 PM, sinfulwolf wrote:
At 4/11/11 03:29 AM, JohnnyDamon wrote: True talk from a vet, as badass as this game looks, I don't think I will be picking it up. May end up in me having night terrors.
With who and where did ya serve... if you feel like saying that is. I understand your feelings here. I've never gotten night terrors from these video games simply because for all their talk about being real, they're not. They can try but they can never get close. Which frankly is a good thing.

But I still understand yer feelings here fully. Hope yer tour wasn't too bad.

US Army, 720h Military Police Brigade, Camp striker, Iraq. It's not really the shooting that gets to me. It's the explosions. When shit goes off, you don't hear it. You just see a flash and next thing you know, you're flying in the air.

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-11 16:48:14

Brigade? I meant Battalion. Typos typos...

BBS Signature

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-12 01:34:32

At 4/11/11 04:36 PM, JohnnyDamon wrote:

US Army, 720h Military Police Brigade, Camp striker, Iraq. It's not really the shooting that gets to me. It's the explosions. When shit goes off, you don't hear it. You just see a flash and next thing you know, you're flying in the air.

I can see how those would be bothersome yes. I was lucky enough not to have been in any explosions during my tour in Afghanistan.

Response to Battlefield 3 vs COD 2011-04-12 01:49:18

Battlefield is better than Call of Duty any day, bad company is amazing and BF3 will destroy CoD.