00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Late Night Lounge

718,777 Views | 15,630 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-21 16:43:56

I wanna learn how to play bass, my uncles going to lend me his, it'll be 1337. And I usually fall asleep listening to my Weird Al dvd, the radio, or various movies.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-21 19:24:08

Ahh...this club is crazy. Anyways, I guess that I will be the first one to share a funny thing that has happened during some of my nightly rituals.

There is a graveyard near my house called Gypsie's Graveyard, if you buy the book "Haunted Indiana" you will see it in there. Everybody around here loves to go there, because for some reason you can always see some creepy stuff going on. In the past there have been Satanists and Cults doing stuff there, people knocking down all of the headstones (Yes, even the huge marble ones. How they did that is beyond me).

Well, me and some friends decided to go there one night and hang out for a bit and see what we could. We just joked around a bit, and after a while we got bored and decided to go home. I know my way home, but for some reason this night I thought that they had taken the wrong route so I went the way that I thought was the way home. That was about 10:00 PM. We kept driving until we realized that we didn't know where we were, so we tried to go in the general direction of my town, which just got us more lost. We tried many times to figure out where we were going, but didn't help. At about 12:00 AM, we decided to stop and start asking people where we were. They were a bit freaked out to see us at that time of night. We did that up until about 1:30 AM when we finally got the right directions. The problem is, we missed the turn and drove into Gary (Former Murder Capital of the United States, now is in 2nd behind Washington D.C.)....what a pain. We didn't realize it until we had driven some ways into the town and a sign said something about Gary, so I pulled a U turn right there and turned around. Then we finally got the right road after a near miss of an accident and drove home. We haven't been there since....haha...

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-21 19:28:47

At 4/21/04 07:24 PM, -Axe- wrote: Ahh...this club is crazy. Anyways, I guess that I will be the first one to share a funny thing that has happened during some of my nightly rituals.

Nope, I beat you, i've told two stories already. Nice story though.....I was expecting something more creepy.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-21 19:46:27

hey yall! well...to be completely honest, im not too active late at night, but there are many times that i am on at night or really early in the morning and there is no one to chat with...its quite lonely! so i was wondering...could i join this fine club?

p.s. I READ THAT AXE! you you were lying to me when you said the DCPS was your favorite club! i dont even know who you are anymore...

...i've been here a while...

This is my awesome new sig...Do you like it?

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-21 19:55:57

At 4/21/04 07:46 PM, turbosquad wrote: hey yall! well...to be completely honest, im not too active late at night, but there are many times that i am on at night or really early in the morning and there is no one to chat with...its quite lonely! so i was wondering...could i join this fine club?

hey turbo, sure you can join, hell everone is welcome if they come (as long as they arent total douche bags)

p.s. I READ THAT AXE! you you were lying to me when you said the DCPS was your favorite club! i dont even know who you are anymore...

i think its something taken for granted how much axe contributes to the DCPS...where would we all be if he wasnt around with his awesome updates :)

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-21 20:01:11

i know! he is teh kuel kid...davis...kid_davis! i made a funny! well, thatnks for lettin me join...im glad im not a total dueshe bag!

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-21 20:15:19

At 4/21/04 08:01 PM, turbosquad wrote: i know! he is teh kuel kid...davis...kid_davis! i made a funny! well, thatnks for lettin me join...im glad im not a total dueshe bag!

heh, well a person would have to REALLY REALLY reek of
douche-ticity before i would tell him to piss off and join another club :)

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-21 23:37:25

Hey Turbo Glad to see you still around hope you dont hate me still ha j/k I still look at that club from time to tim and i do have a tear fall to the keyboard cause i remembers the fun times ha, yep this club is a good thing for all night dwellers all around the world since night falls at a different time for all of us well my rant for the early night about to start.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-21 23:53:32

im glad to be a part of this! i know its corny, but you are still welcome to re-join anytime you wish...

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 00:04:30

Well, the new newgrounds day is here which means it is now officialy night time. I just deposited, and also finished my harmonica solo that I was working on. I just have to tweek it and submit it. How is everyone doing tonight? Are we ready for some fun!

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 00:11:11

okay i got me a late night tale of lore, gather round kiddies as i jorney back to my pothead days :)

*flashback music and wavy vision*
well back in the day i would always go out with my older brother, since we would both smoke (a damn lot i would say). this particular night was a very special one indeed, i had brought a friend of mine to spend the night with me. now when i go to smoke i make sure my parents are asleep, because i think they would frown upon the idea that i was a blazer. so i would make sure their door was shut, and i would slowly walk down the stairs with my friend, then we got my brother (being the only one who could drive at the time) and we snuck out to his car, where we drove for a few minutes over to this guys house that was a friend of my brother. i had been there a few times before but it was my friends first, so i knew he was in for a treat (they had a gigantic hooka, one i have yet to see an equal to). well needless to say we smoked ourselves stupid, and i can say honestly that i was more ripped that night than i had ever been in my life. so westay there for a while, and my brother sugguested he drop me off at our house (he was gonna stay a bit longer). so we head over to the side door to my garage (as silent as could possibly be at this point, we didnt want to wake anyone). we both crept up to the door from the garage to the house and snuck in. now from where i was standing at that point i could clearly see the living room, which was right next to the computer and desk. of course my mom was sitting on the computer like she always was when she waits up for my brother (keeping in mind i was an angel in her eyes and didnt check my room at night). we both were frozen solid, we didnt know what to do, and my mom looked very pissed. well being the stoopid stoners we were at the time went for the retreat and regroup strategy, but were so ripped it was a struggle to get out of the garage without making noise. we were sure we were caught and had absolutely no clue what we were going to do. using our stoner logic decided to wait behind our boat which was parked in the backyard and wait for my brother to get home so my mom could yell at him and go to bed. well we waited...and waited...and waited...for 2 freakin hours in the cold, at like 4 in the morning no less. so my brother finally gets home and goes inside. after a few minutes we go over to his window (first floor and in the backyard) and try to get his attention by tapping on the glass so we knew that my mom was asleep. of course since he was as ripped as we were he didnt even see us (he was watching TV though). i took a peek into one of the windows for the living room and saw no lights on...so we crept on in, and made it to our room (very trippy was the fact that we got into my room at exactly 4:20 a.m., no joke). so we still are thinking how we could possibly talk ourselves out of this one when the morning came, but decided to sleep on it. in the morning (more like at lunch time to mid afternoon) when we woke up we casually went downstairs to see where my mom was...but she was off taking my sister somewhere, so we got some breakfast and went upstairs again, and began wathing one of my many dvds. then my mom arrived and we started to freak out, we knew she was coming upstairs, hell we heard the footsteps. she peeks her head in...and you know what she says to us? her exact words were : "good mornin sleepy bones-jones i was wonderin when you were gonna get up" all this with a smile on her face. then she leaves, and me and my friend just stared at eachother in complete silence. we could not believe we actually pulled that one off. my mom is what you would call an "extremist" if she DID find out i would be going to rehab (yes for weed) and i would be under house arrest. but apparantly since she was so tired on the computer she didnt even hear us, let alone know that we had an absolute blazefest that night. so went were quite pleased withourselves that we didnt get caught that night and we all lived happily ever after
THE END
whoo, that is a behemoth of a story no? my hands were staring to cramp up :)

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 00:31:32

Great story, really great story.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 00:52:54

At 4/22/04 12:31 AM, CHEESEGOD wrote: Great story, really great story.

yea, i like telling stories, i start ranting on and on...this has got to be my longest single post ever :)

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 00:59:29

At 4/22/04 12:52 AM, HeinousAnus wrote:
At 4/22/04 12:31 AM, CHEESEGOD wrote: Great story, really great story.
yea, i like telling stories, i start ranting on and on...this has got to be my longest single post ever :)

WOW Cheesegod move on over to number 2 we have a new champion woot woot, heh Nice one kinda hurt my eyes but that was awsome, gald you made it here very interesting ha...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 01:05:27

At 4/21/04 07:28 PM, CHEESEGOD wrote:
Nope, I beat you, i've told two stories already. Nice story though.....I was expecting something more creepy.

Dang you...I guess that I should have read more thoroughly. Oh well...at least I got the 3rd story that was told. Why were you expecting it to be creepier? I said it was something "funny" haha...or was it because of the Gary, Indiana part? Scary place...I hate it there...

At 4/21/04 07:46 PM, turbosquad wrote: hey yall! well...to be completely honest, im not too active late at night, but there are many times that i am on at night or really early in the morning and there is no one to chat with...its quite lonely! so i was wondering...could i join this fine club?

Well, since you were already admitted here, welcome! Good to have you in here, and hopefully you will frequent. This club is going to be great soon, I can feel it in my blood. I still have to go post an update in the DCPS today...or rather tonight...not that many things have changed since the last one. Haha...

Dang! I have been found out! Lol...but seriously, the DCPS is one of my favorite clubs. Along with the NG Army, and now this club. If there was still an Extreme Sports Club, that would be on my list as well. I don't want to go revive one of them, but I can't really make another either. Oh well....

At 4/21/04 07:55 PM, HeinousAnus wrote: i think its something taken for granted how much axe contributes to the DCPS...where would we all be if he wasnt around with his awesome updates :)

Heh, thanks a lot. Although, credit has to go to XwaynecoltX because he is the one who inspired them in the first place. He set up the layout for the ones that I do currently, and inspired me to start doing them in the first place. Thanks ~X~....and thanks for the compliment Heinous

At 4/22/04 12:11 AM, HeinousAnus wrote: okay i got me a late night tale of lore, gather round kiddies as i jorney back to my pothead days :)

*flashback music and wavy vision*
...Story...long freakin' story...
THE END
whoo, that is a behemoth of a story no? my hands were staring to cramp up :)

Wow, that was one hell of a story. I have a few more that I am going to tell, these ones a bit creepier than the last ones. I have done some pretty crazy stuff in my life, but none of it includes drugs or alcohol (Okay, some of them...but I wasn't the one doing them). I'm surprised that you guys actually stayed outside in the cold for that long...that must have been hell. I have had to do that a few times before, and it sure isn't that fun. Especially when it is snowing out and you have a sleeveless shirt on.

Ahh...the days when I would sneak over to my Ex-Girl's house....

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 01:07:22

At 4/22/04 12:59 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
WOW Cheesegod move on over to number 2 we have a new champion woot woot, heh Nice one kinda hurt my eyes but that was awsome, gald you made it here very interesting ha...

~X~

Did you mean HeinousAnus? It sounded like you were saying that Cheesegod told the story...or maybe I just didn't understand that post at all. Oh yeah, who is number one? Whoever it is may as well step down for me when I get around to typing out some of my stories...beware...

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 01:16:11

At 4/22/04 01:07 AM, -Axe- wrote:
At 4/22/04 12:59 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:

~X~
Did you mean HeinousAnus? It sounded like you were saying that Cheesegod told the story...or maybe I just didn't understand that post at all. Oh yeah, who is number one? Whoever it is may as well step down for me when I get around to typing out some of my stories...beware...

Yep I meant HeinousAnus with that story it really made for one hella post awsome stuff really but cheesegod comes a close second heh but all n all its all great...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 01:16:20

At 4/22/04 01:07 AM, -Axe- wrote:

heh, that would be me...thats why cheesegod moved over to no. 2, i guess well be at war with eachother on who can make the longer post...i wont be goin easy on ye :)

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 01:27:59

At 4/22/04 01:16 AM, HeinousAnus wrote: heh, that would be me...thats why cheesegod moved over to no. 2, i guess well be at war with eachother on who can make the longer post...i wont be goin easy on ye :)

We are at war for long posts? Um.....why? I suck at long posts....unless I bring my D&D game over here from the RPG club, i've lost.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 01:35:12

Yah, you two had some good stories, and I give you both props for them, but they were not near as creative as mine. It had everything from ninja's to spiders. And ended with Killer Robots that were huge, and the death of -AXE- which is the icing on the cake. I think that I will do another tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 01:37:16

At 4/22/04 01:27 AM, CHEESEGOD wrote:
We are at war for long posts? Um.....why? I suck at long posts....unless I bring my D&D game over here from the RPG club, i've lost.

well, maybe i should rephrase it, war sounds too harsh...i would call it a healthy competition, plus it makes our club look like it has some depth to it, which is something im sure every club would like to have, but dont :)

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 02:07:37

At 4/22/04 01:37 AM, HeinousAnus wrote:
well, maybe i should rephrase it, war sounds too harsh...i would call it a healthy competition, plus it makes our club look like it has some depth to it, which is something im sure every club would like to have, but dont :)

Well, if it is a long post that we are aiming for here, then let me welcome you guys to the new era. I am the master at typing out long posts, nobody can beat me in that area. But here goes one of my longer stories that happened a while back and was one of the most fun nights of my entire life. By the way, Heinous...next time you should try and seperate your story into paragraphs to make it easier to read.

Alright, this little story happened this year and was one of the greatest nights of my entire life. It was on July 4th, so you can imagine what types of things I was getting into. My best friend and his brother were over at their dad's house in another town, so I went over there that night with this girl that I liked and who was also best friends with my best friend. Confusing, eh? So anyways, there was this little fair going on across the creek that lined his dad's backyard, so we all crossed the creek and were hanging out over there for a while. We did the normal things, talked to people, listened to the bands that were playing. But that was boring...so yeah. After they had this huge Fireworks Show, we all went back and this is where all the fun began.

First of all, this is what we had. A ton of Bottle Rockets, we must have had at least a thousand or more. An entire package of BlockBusters, those are the loud ones that are all strung together in the shape of a square. We bought them in a brick, so there were about 100 packs of them. And some other things that are not important, except for the Cannon Fuse that I brought with. After the fair got over with, we all gathered out front and had some fun with the bottle rockets, like shooting them at each other and seeing who was brave enough to shoot one off while holding it in their teeth. Moronic stuff. Well, I had the idea of taking apart all of the packages of blockbusters that we had and piling them all up and lighting them at once. Which was going to be challenging. So we got a gas can and undid all of the blockbusters, then piled them up in the driveway. We poured a ton of gas on them to make sure that they would light, and I cut off two feet of Cannon Fuse. Then we ran it out and lit it. Normally, they all go off in a few seconds if you light one pack of them...one pop after another. Well, this huge pile caught on fire and a few seconds later, the whole thing just exploded. It might as well have been a pile of gunpowder (which is basically was). Scraps went flying everywhere, and we laughed for a good 20 minutes about that one. But that is not all....haha...

I had another idea with the bottle rockets that we had. Since my first plan worked out so well, I figured why not try something else. We found a board that was about as wide as the bottle rockets were so that they would rest on it neatly, and piled all thousand or so of them onto it. Then we doused them with gas, and I volunteered to light them. I strung some cannon fuse out of the huge pile, and we carried into his backyard. Since there were still people over at the fair that were leaving, we thought it would be funny to light them off so they shot across the creek at the cars that were leaving. We propped up the board, and everyone else ran back to take cover. I lit the fuse and ran away, then waited. But nothing happened. I went back over there after about 10 minutes to check on it, and the fuse burned out because the gas had soaked into the wood. So I tried to light it by running the flame of the lighter across the wood.

Bad idea...the wood burst into flames and my legs, shoes and all, caught on fire (luckily I was wearing pants). I almost shit my pants when the wood burst into flames and booked back towards my friends with my pants on fire, laughing the whole way. The flames put out while I was running, and we watched the rockets start to fly. They first hit a van and started bouncing off of the windows, and we all started laughing. Then a cop drove by and they started hitting his car. We laughed even harder until he stopped and another cop came by and the same thing happened to his car. I think a few even made it into his car, because he looked pissed from what I could see. They got out their flashlights and started looking around the creek, and we all ran for the front and took off in our cars, leaving the extra rockets that didn't shoot off right away to randomly shoot off and the board still on fire...haha. I never found out what happened....

The End. What a story, eh?

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 02:15:03

I forgot to say, Bam! In your face! Read these Stats, baby! I'm number one now!

HeinousAnus Story:
845 Words
4,167 Characters with Spaces
3,322 Characters without

-Axe- Story with Quote:
925 Words
4,743 Characters with Spaces
3,813 Characters without

Without Quote:
874 Words
4,475 Characters with Spaces
3,596 Characters without

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 02:20:40

wow -axe- that was great i don't have any like that unfortunatly.

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 02:23:25

>.< I think I'm just in the wrong mind frame to read that much. I was reading but I swear I um...have no idea what I read.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 02:24:25

Best story i've ever heard, I have 2 years to beat it.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 02:53:54

At 4/22/04 02:20 AM, thegreatmorph wrote: wow -axe- that was great i don't have any like that unfortunatly.

Heh, it's okay. That just means one of several things. Either: Your not as crazy as me, you are a good kid and don't do bad things like me, or you just can't think of any at the moment. Haha, I'm not sure which it is, or it could be something else...you never know. In any case, I would not recommend repeating anything that I post about here. I have been in trouble for most of these things...haha...I just don't mention that part.

At 4/22/04 02:23 AM, Aasha wrote: >.< I think I'm just in the wrong mind frame to read that much. I was reading but I swear I um...have no idea what I read.

Ah, don't worry about it. I don't normally like to read a lot either, especially with posts. Unless they can hold my interest. Haha...but as long as you are active here, it's all good. And possibly share an interesting story with us sometime.

At 4/22/04 02:24 AM, CHEESEGOD wrote: Best story i've ever heard, I have 2 years to beat it.

I don't get it, but thanks for the compliment. One of the best nights of my life. What do you mean about 2 years though, you peaked my interest with that comment. Are you saying that you are like...a Sophomore in Highschool and you have two years left to be crazy or something?

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 02:58:06

At 4/22/04 02:53 AM, -Axe- wrote:
At 4/22/04 02:24 AM, CHEESEGOD wrote: Best story i've ever heard, I have 2 years to beat it.
I don't get it, but thanks for the compliment. One of the best nights of my life. What do you mean about 2 years though, you peaked my interest with that comment. Are you saying that you are like...a Sophomore in Highschool and you have two years left to be crazy or something?

You are 18, I am 16, I have 2 years to beat that story...and I already have a 1337 story in the making....i'll tell you how it goes, it includes me and a pool, should be cool.

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 03:29:23

Wow Everytime I check back here its gets even more crazier then before, i really like the way this late night gig is going, the nightshift is more fun then ever before, maybe we should rate thease latenight stories like maybe a ?/10 type of thing maybe even grade them on style and stuff what you all think?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Late Night Lounge 2004-04-22 05:38:20

Alright, I love doing these stories in the middle of the night when it is boring so here I go again. You will start to notice a patern with these after a while.

Late Night Story #2

I had just finished beating up an airplane full of monks and was about to chow down on some good old fashioned Hotdog-jello, when I saw something falling from the sky. It was all shinney and getting bigger and bigger. I lept a hundred feet into the air and did 356 backflips to avoid the falling thing when it hit. To my surprise it started to glow as it then exploded into a million chickens which all blended together to form a Giant Atari Game! It crashed through the city, destroying everything in it's path and killing millions by releasing video game characters after them. All I could see was people getting shot by space invaders and eaten by Froggers and centipeeds.
I had seen enough and lept into action. I flew through the air into the mass carnage that awaited me. I was greeted by poorly pixilated barrels flying at me. I dogded all of them and spead to the sorce of the barrels. It was the evil beast Donkey Kong! In all his 8 bit furry! I puched him and kicked him and then pooped on him. He never knew what hit him. I then threw him into a crowd of poeple which killed him and all of the people that he landed on. I felt somthing bite my strong steel like muscular arm. It was Pac-Man! He was screaming Wakka wakka wakka at the top of his lungs as he flew towards me in all his rage. I started to chase him after he realized that he couldn't eat me. I ate a gaint green block and it made me turn blue. I then was the hunted one. He chased me unsuccecfully for about 25 seconds until I turned normal again. I shot him in the skull killing him instantly.
I saw that the giant atari game cartridge was the source of all this mayhem and that i had to destroy it. I took off, fighting my way through the hordes of blocks, Combat tanks, breakout balls, warlords, Dodge'em cars, and Pitfalls. I then cranked on my super abilities and destroyed everything by using my super sonic speed. I slammed into the atari case nocking it off balance. I then used my unbeleivably strong arms to rip it in half and fling it into the air. Once peice landed in the water and the other peice was still flying up. All of the game characters died instantly and the destruction had ended.
"Good work dude!" Said -AXE- as he was running towards me to congratulate me. Just then the other piece of the atari game came down and crushed -AXE-, he exploded as usual, and took out half of the city. After all of that, I grabbed a six pack of beer, sat down at home and started to tell my story on the forums.

That is it...maybe the more beer I drink the better I write creativly, oh well, I am still up and not heading to bed.

BBS Signature