An interactive story of love and adventure3.98 / 5.00 11,029 Views
Turn-based PvP Arena Battler3.91 / 5.00 3,753 Views
THE WORLD HAS BEEN INVADED BY ALIENS! It's up to a nerdy, lazy high school kid to save it!3.83 / 5.00 6,172 Views
It's time to determine the BEST MUSICIAN OF 2010.
This year we are assembling a group of judges who will determine the winner. Please reply to this post with two clear lists, preferably as links to user pages:
1) NOMINEES FOR MUSICIAN OF THE YEAR (max 4)
2) NOMINEES FOR JUDGES (max 6, you may include yourself)
2.) NOMINEES FOR JUDGES
Can't think of any right now I'm afraid...
@TomFulp: I swear, if you pick a dubstep 'artist' as a best musician... :P
These are great artists in my opinion, who for the most part don't get anywhere near the recognition they deserve.
As for judges, like the others, I couldn't tell you who'd be fit for it. My guess? Pick prominent, near-bias-free people on NG; not just in audio, in flash, art and lit as well. Try to get a general consensus on the entirety of NG for the vote.
Just a thought.
Musician of the year:
Judge of the year:
I just like them
At 3/22/11 03:24 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: 1.) NOMINEES FOR MUSICIAN OF THE YEAR
That's laughable. xKore should just automatically win this award. Twice. Somehow.
1) NOMINEES FOR MUSICIAN OF THE YEAR
2) NOMINEES FOR JUDGES
Wow I'm honored that some of you are nominating me!
My nominations are as follows
LogicalDefiance (and all the NGADM judges for that matter)
can't think of any more for the 2010 era,
There are loads more that I would nominate but I'm only allowed 4 :(
and I know there are more but my mind is drawing a blank.
I am basing my nominations on what was apparently the presiding factors as the years before. Which was, who had the most influence for the flash animation/game scene as well as providing the community as a whole. Musical prowess is too subjective to base off purely and becomes a circle jerk fest. While we can't deny that prowess and talent are an important role, it is not the only one.
1. And with that, i'll start with SoS. This year, SoS was part of nearly every major flash game to hit Newgrounds/Armor Games/Kong. In the Flash Game Summit, SoS was part of 4 winning titles in 5 separate categories, and we have many more awesome projects coming to hit the world soon. From personal people perspective, everybody in there has had their hand on these projects in some way or another.
2. I'll continue with Sorohanro because not just on NG, but I have seen this man go out of his way to give to communities everywhere. From his custom libraries he gives out for free, the endless stream of help and support he gives wherever I know him to exist (and frequent myself), to the epic music he does across the board. I wish I could work with Mihai a LOT more, for I always know his work is quality and his ethic is gold.
3. David Orr deserves a nomination because he's done some fantastic work in both individual and project basis. I've heard his stuff in some stellar projects and there is no sign of slowing down. Every time I hear his work he's getting bigger and better. Soon i'll lose all hope haha.
4. To end off my list, i'll hit it up with Jazza. It's almost pointless to even try to justify this. Jazza has done phenomenal work in both audio, animation, and even games. But we are here to talk about audio and so that's what i'll focus on. Jazza's work is sincere. It's heart felt. There are very few songs that Jazza has written that doesn't scream "from the heart". His latest especially for his lost friend, hit hard because you could feel it. That in itself, deserves recognition.
I would like to nominate myself as a judge. I've been listening to works here fairly regularly and I think i've got enough years under my belt at this point to warrant some kind of objective ear and mind set.
Jazza again as a judge, as he's pretty prominent in the game/animation scene I am certain his experience there will help pick a proper deserving winner. That is of course if he's not on the flash animation or game panel this year... so much stuff you did this year Jazza haha.
Brokendeck because the years i've known him, he's been super serious about what he's been doing. Whether it be this recent spree of competitions or just being an avid member in general.
Spent way too much time thinking about this haha, i'm done.
inb4 Maestrorage starts a riot (lewlz)
Best Musicians 2010:
*SoS - As a collective, everyone at SoS worked on just about every major flash game in 2010.
*Sorohanro - everything this guy does is gold. (would be a good judge too though I reckon)
*David Orr - awesome stuff. always.
*ThatComposerGuy - this guy did awesome music for some freaking awesome games in 2010. Feed the King and Gobtron being my personal favs. Brian is kickass.
*Sorohanro (like I said fitting for either)
*Rig - put together some really fun collabs and contests in 2010
i don't really know anyone else on NG D:
oh forgot to mention another judge nomination, i'd nominate zstriefel, relatively biased because i've worked with him so much but if anything thats how i know why he's so qualified, he's worked in the professional recording industry for years and knows REAL stuff about quality both in content and recording results.
At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:
the brilliant songs who create a production for music
sorohanro (Everything he post on the forums is helpful)
BJRA (i basically study his music)
Supersteph54 (this guy is non-stop at it)
xKore (The quality is amazing)
as for judges im not sure..
Big Red, Supersteph and Stupor have all taking huge contests under their wings
Well, In terms to giving to the audio community, Mich would win hands down for going so far as to create an entire website dedicated to just musicians. That has absolutely nothing to do with newgrounds though so I'd have to digress. xKore gets people really excited with his awesome music but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to the fact that he's not the best vote.
If you decide to go the way you have in the past and want to give the award to a muscician that plays to the flash community, I'd vote Gravey. His first submission to newgrounds almost won him $50 out of my piano and drum competition (he got second if I remember correctly). Then there's the fact that most of his work submitted has been used in a ton of flash cartoons and games. Really, there's no question in my mind that Gravey deserves the award :)
At 3/22/11 03:02 PM, TomFulp wrote: 1) NOMINEES FOR MUSICIAN OF THE YEAR (max 4)
2) NOMINEES FOR JUDGES (max 6, you may include yourself)
Basically anyone on the audio mod team I guess.
my 4 nominees?
Eh just pick 4 from the above.. and probably xkore as he seems to be winnnig by a landslide - and maybe Sos although I don't know if I approve of a multi-user accoutn winning an award tbh.
also lol to the guy who said he studies BJRA's music - I still remember your original stuff dear - in fact I still have one burned to a cd somewhere :P
as for judges, I'd offer myself as a judge, as I have judged countless newgrounds stuff in the past as well as the recent NACs. Brokendeck would also be a good judge, as well as evil-dog who has been here so long he's practically part of the newgrounds woodwork :)
Top Musicians (no particular order):