00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[Event] Newgrounds Collaboration

3,043 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

[Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 02:07:00

Stepmania - Newgrounds Collaboration
You may or may not have heard of games such as:
Dance Dance Revolution
Dancing Stage
In the Groove
etc.

I am here today because I have decided to reach out to the newgrounds community.
I am developing a Newgrounds Collaboration Pack for a game much like those listed above, called Stepmania Online. I am looking for songs to include in this package. I am hand picking some of the songs that will be included but my taste of music isn't the same as the NG communities... If any artist would like to have their submissions included into this package I would love to hear from you guys!

Heres some simple rules for songs that will go into this package:
1) They need to be decent songs, no garbage please!
2) They need to be in MP3 or OGG formats.
3) They need to be decent quality. (128 kbs bit-rate or higher.)

Songs that have been hand picked for this pack:
Clayfacer - Stalker
Session II - SUB4RU/BeeFourMusic
Forsaken Neon - Dimrain47
Operation: Evolution - Dimrain47
Portal - CruelDeity

Community Picks:
None yet!

You get to choose the songs you would like to have included.

Send a PM for more information on Stepmania.
[These songs will be used with the original content and licenses, all work is contributed to the original author. Simfiles contributed to simfile author.]

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 02:16:53

Yay go Clayface. Looking forward to this stepmania pack, just another one to add to my thousands of songs I already have on stepmania. :D

How hard do you plan on charting the songs? Are we going to be seeing 13 and 14 footers? :D

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 02:27:04

Most songs are going to be 12+ difficulty songs. Stalker has already been finished/stepped and is a 13 foot song.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 02:36:33

[Back to Back post, sorry]
Seeing as I cant edit my own forum posts. (Newgrounds get on this! That's epic failure!)
I am going to post a link to the profile section (Which I CAN edit.... Fail.)
For further updates please view:
Newgrounds Collaboration.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 14:45:57

Put some muthafuckin' SBB on that shiyt.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 15:00:50

Is Stepmania Creative Commons as well? Or are you planning on making a profit from Stepmania?

Any music you use from Newgrounds can NOT be used for profit without consent form the original author. Even then they will want a share of the proceeds.

Please provide us with some PUBLIC information about what your intent with Stepmania is.

Thank-you.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 16:18:29

what are the differences between stepmania and stepmania online , because one friend already made a stepmania file from one of my tracks but i don't know if this is the same.

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 16:26:35

At 3/10/11 04:18 PM, Acid-Paradox wrote: what are the differences between stepmania and stepmania online , because one friend already made a stepmania file from one of my tracks but i don't know if this is the same.

its the exact same game, SMO just keeps track of scores and keeps a list of top players and stuff like that. plus its like the main hub where people go to find song packs

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 18:01:13

At 3/10/11 03:00 PM, brokendeck wrote: Is Stepmania Creative Commons as well? Or are you planning on making a profit from Stepmania?

Any music you use from Newgrounds can NOT be used for profit without consent form the original author. Even then they will want a share of the proceeds.

Please provide us with some PUBLIC information about what your intent with Stepmania is.

Thank-you.

Stepmania is Open-Sourced and 100% free, all content will be released under the original Creative Commons Licenses, no profit will be made.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 19:14:42

DXsamurai......

BBS Signature

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-10 21:37:15

At 3/10/11 08:25 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 26120
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 98618

They were both a bit on the long side, I already have a ton of longer songs, do you have a decent, shorter, song that I could step?

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-11 18:15:20

You should use San7a's songs. They're the bast ones in the portal.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-11 19:05:28

At 3/11/11 06:15 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: You should use San7a's songs. They're the bast ones in the portal.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 45228

I listened, iLol'd. Ill come back to this one later... It may be added as a joke song.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-11 19:54:38

At 3/10/11 02:07 AM, Drenferalis wrote: simple rules :
1) They need to be decent songs, no garbage please!
2) They need to be in MP3 or OGG formats.
3) They need to be decent quality. (128 kbs bit-rate or higher.)

Check, check, check.

You get to choose the songs you would like to have included.

Not really a community pick, but I'll put forth my song, would make for a bit of a gauntlet.

What ever quality you want is available here.
http://invisibleobserver.bandcamp.com/tr ack/significate-epitome

BBS Signature

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-11 21:07:48

I figured I'd put a few of my tracks forward as well.

My last legit song on NG for awhile... check it out!

Last Hours

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-11 21:19:13

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-11 21:36:10

If you want to put a box step into this collab (haha, a real dance in one of these games?) I could throw together a waltz from what I've got laying around this weekend. My only plans are to clean the house as everyone's out of town for spring break, but I'd blow that off to put some music together. You'd have to let me know how long you wanted it to be to prevent it from being ten minutes though (in fact there's a 40 something second waltz on four channels in my sig).

Hmm, I'm drunk and that might have been rambling. Let me summarize. I can put together a 30 second to ten minute waltz for you this weekend if you want. You'd have to tell me the length you want if you want it. That's of course contingent on you deciding my waltz doesn't sound like shit. But if you totally didn't want a waltz, I'd probably clean the house. Damn, I'm still rambling, aren't I?

I blame the drugs.

BBS Signature

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-12 15:25:03

why isnt everyone jumping at this?

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-12 16:39:52

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-12 21:39:02

You guys are just amazing, remember that all updates are being posted to my news tracker on my profile because I can't edit forum posts. (New grounds fails like that.) I am looking for more classical songs, fur elise was an amazing suggestion, and I am really thinking about it. Lets get some more songs together!

Note: I am being more picky with song selections now, there have been over 50 songs requested now (Some by private message.) I am still going through your suggestions, keep an eye on the news post for more updates!

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-12 22:30:48

If it's not too late, I'd like to submit this song for consideration. It's got a wonky decimal BPM, so just PM me if you want it, and I can make it a straight number.

Before the site apparently disappeared off the globe, Flash flash revolution used one of my songs as well!

And if you end up picking my tune, we should celebrate by getting a beer! Cause Puyallup is like 25 minutes away from Lacey :P.

Regards!

BBS Signature

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-16 17:28:33

*bump* If any artist wants a preview of a song that has been finished just send me a PM.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-16 22:44:52

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-16 23:21:47

Oh snap, power of celtic is actually a hardcore remix of a psy / goa track.

thats the psytrance track. sorry about that.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-03-18 20:09:37

At 3/16/11 07:28 PM, djInTheDark wrote: If you need them, here are some other community suggestions.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 62525
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 37397
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 78920
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 8860
I can also help you step if need be.

I am in serious need of help stepping all of these files, take a look at the news post on my profile to see which songs have been stepped and need to be stepped.

Response to [Event] Newgrounds Collaboration 2011-04-18 05:34:44

Thread revival, need more song selections, collaboration is still in progress.

(Sorry for double post)