00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

If WW3 happened...

4,744 Views | 82 Replies

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:12:09

At 3/6/11 04:17 PM, ming-the-merciless wrote: China and India don't get on. And they both have nukes and billion plus populations.
OP is an idiot china and russia are not communists.
Oh and africa might have a big war. That place Is like a tinder box man.

China is actually a communist country, just so you know.

A new incarnation , Trunksman.

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:13:16

At 3/6/11 06:12 PM, Trunksman wrote:
At 3/6/11 04:17 PM, ming-the-merciless wrote: China and India don't get on. And they both have nukes and billion plus populations.
OP is an idiot china and russia are not communists.
Oh and africa might have a big war. That place Is like a tinder box man.
China is actually a communist country, just so you know.

Just so YOU know, China is being reformed to into a capitalistic country. Give them 5 years, they'll become richer than that shithole the US..

Fuck the corporate world!

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:14:41

I do not know who will start World War III, but I'm sure it will be someone the world least expects.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:17:21

At 3/6/11 06:13 PM, andrease wrote:
At 3/6/11 06:12 PM, Trunksman wrote: China is actually a communist country, just so you know.
Just so YOU know, China is being reformed to into a capitalistic country. Give them 5 years, they'll become richer than that shithole the US..

Are all Swedish people as jealous of America as you are? No wonder nobody likes them.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:17:32

North Korea will start it, it won't be nuclear though.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:17:41

At 3/6/11 06:13 PM, andrease wrote: Just so YOU know, China is being reformed to into a capitalistic country. Give them 5 years, they'll become richer than that shithole the US..

Since when is the US a shithole?

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:30:38

Who's going to start WWIII? ME.
When will it happen? RIGHT FUCKIN NOW!

We're shakin the tree. WE'RE SHAKIN ALL THE TREES!

The Sheen

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:37:57

At 3/6/11 06:35 PM, Cootie wrote: Oh actually China makes even less money than I thought.

Only $7,518 on average, while the USA makes $47,123 on average. That puts USA as #6 worldwide (with total GDP and PPP ranking it and #1) and puts China at #93... which happens to be below fucking Iran.

What a rich a prosperous country China is.

Then again USA is just Israel's bitch so...yeah.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:55:15

It won't happen, due the potential use of nuclear weapons.

That being said, if there a war were nuclear weapons would be used, it would be between Pakistan and India. There's a lot of bad blood between the two countries.

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:57:51

The Internet.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 18:58:58

At 3/6/11 06:57 PM, Narcissy wrote: The Internet.

You may not be that war from the truth. Consider the bug that was implanted into Iran's nuclear computer codes. We could very well see that weapon used against us.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 19:01:23

At 3/6/11 06:59 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: Anyway, it'll probably be China that'll cause WW3.

The question you should be asking is not who will start WW3, rather, what would they have to gain from it? Resources? China's already got countries for that. Power? China basically has the US by the economic balls.

There's nothing for China to really gain from starting a war.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 19:04:00

One will not start in our lifetimes, barring the intervention of a crazed maniac running a country or two. Fact is, I'm pretty sure that western countries are just too liberal these days to start wars, period, and eastern countries don't exactly seem to be in a position to be fighting everyone outside.

I wouldn't know, and I wouldn't care. I just know I wouldn't want to be near anywhere if shit did start going down.

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 19:09:44

At 3/6/11 06:58 PM, BrianEtrius wrote:
At 3/6/11 06:57 PM, Narcissy wrote: The Internet.
You may not be that war from the truth. Consider the bug that was implanted into Iran's nuclear computer codes. We could very well see that weapon used against us.

Well, I don't see it entirely impossible for countries to go to war over The Internet. Laugh if you will, but the Internet is a vital source of information, millions of things are stored there. Governments have their own web pages. It's a source for data, sharing, and even accessing things you never thought possible.

I'm sure that governments also have private "Websites", if you will, that the public. nor any other government, can access.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 19:13:45

At 3/6/11 07:09 PM, Narcissy wrote: Well, I don't see it entirely impossible for countries to go to war over The Internet. Laugh if you will, but the Internet is a vital source of information, millions of things are stored there. Governments have their own web pages. It's a source for data, sharing, and even accessing things you never thought possible.

I'm sure that governments also have private "Websites", if you will, that the public. nor any other government, can access.

There's no doubt, but I'm saying if there was another World War, don't be surprised if there was an attack on the internet via a bug or a virus. In some cases, a cyber-terrorist attack would more destructive than a conventional weapon.

If a there are people out there that can write a bug that will shut down a government nuclear facility, then what's to stop a bug from attacking the internet?

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 19:15:55

At 3/6/11 07:13 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: There's no doubt, but I'm saying if there was another World War, don't be surprised if there was an attack on the internet via a bug or a virus. In some cases, a cyber-terrorist attack would more destructive than a conventional weapon.

If a there are people out there that can write a bug that will shut down a government nuclear facility, then what's to stop a bug from attacking the internet?

And imagine the damage that could have on corporations that put a lot of stock on The Internet. Even going as far as to make websites. Hell, look at Google, Amazon, and Ebay even.

That would do HEAVY damage to the backbone of The United States -- business.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 19:18:27

At 3/6/11 07:08 PM, ihatesonic1 wrote: The Germans since they have caused both world wars

Actually Austria-Hungary started WW1.

I am Sergei Petrenko, The Hero of Novosibirsk, The Mighty Black Russian, The Tsar of Third-Person Posts.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 19:31:41

At 3/6/11 07:13 PM, BrianEtrius wrote: If a there are people out there that can write a bug that will shut down a government nuclear facility, then what's to stop a bug from attacking the internet?

Been watching Die hard 4 much?

Fuck the corporate world!

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 20:30:05

I say North Korea will start a war with America.

If WW3 happened...

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 20:31:48

The smart money would be on China or North Korea.

IRC : 36in

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 21:23:54

At 3/6/11 07:38 PM, Jedi-Master wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:18 PM, SergeiPetrenko wrote:
At 3/6/11 07:08 PM, ihatesonic1 wrote: The Germans since they have caused both world wars
Actually Austria-Hungary started WW1.
Ethnically, they're the same.

Technically since life was created in Africa we are all ethnically the same.

I am Sergei Petrenko, The Hero of Novosibirsk, The Mighty Black Russian, The Tsar of Third-Person Posts.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 22:17:18

At 3/6/11 07:31 PM, andrease wrote: Been watching Die hard 4 much?

Considering Die Hard 4 came out like 5 years ago and how much more the world is connected to the internet and uses it as a communications device (being able to see the Egyptian Revolution on Youtube) I'd say the moral of the movie is even more prevalent.

At 3/6/11 08:30 PM, snoopychicken wrote: No Nuclear facilities are connected to the internet thats just insane.

Oh, yes they are. Consider an office space, where you computer is linked into a broad network of your company. Say you're on a website where this bug sneaks in undetected. Now, not only does that bug can attack your specific computer, but also the office's main terminal, not to mention, since you have access to it, your company's main system.

Now imagine you work for a nuclear plant. Behold, you now have bug in your system. Granted, who ever wrote the bug would have to be well backed, but it's not impossible.

Like Narcissy said, imagine if one of those bugs hit Amazon, or ebay, or google. We would see an even bigger crash in the economy than the bubble bursting in 2008. At this point in the game, you don't have to set off a bomb and kill innocents. World War 3 will be fought using the Internet. That's what's scary about our state of security.

Let's put it this way, if a bunch of 4channers can shut down a well known website (tumblr, mastercard, pick your favorite) for a couple of hours, imagine what a bunch of government level hackers could do in a few days. It's not beyond belief.

Am I saying that the world is doomed? No. What I'm saying is that to forget about the use of the Internet as a weapon would be fatal for many developed first world countries.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 22:30:14

WHY NOBODY SAY FALLOUT 3 YET. VERY PLAUSIBLE. FALLOUT 3. THANK YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 22:32:07

At 3/6/11 10:30 PM, Struggle wrote: WHY NOBODY SAY FALLOUT 3 YET. VERY PLAUSIBLE. FALLOUT 3. THANK YOU.

It's been stated. Do you even know the story of how the Fallout world became a nuclear wasteland? MOTHERFUCKING CHINA. DAMN STRAIGHT.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 22:41:52

No one fucks with Canadian bacon.

Maple Leaf has the best cuts, keep steppin.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 22:42:04

At 3/6/11 05:54 PM, andrease wrote:

:United States of America, Weak

Calling United States of America "America"

Lol you're Sweedish, since when did your opinion matter? All you guys have is Minecraft and delicious meatballs.

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 22:48:30

Skip to a few years ahead, Kim Jong-Il dies at the age of near 100 or something. His son seeing how better off other countries are, abandons the juche idea, and transforms the autarkic state into something like China.

Now in China, many companies see no obvious profit from having factories there as the standards of living rise, so do the wages and taxes, and of course increased cost to factory owners. They would then relocate to their own respective countries, to reduce transportation costs. This would possibly damage China's export economy.

Looking to Iran next, the Second Iranian Revolution which happened around 2011 changed the country to a more liberal one.

Checking on Venezuela (and other more hostile oil rich countries for that matter), as price of oil rises, and with peak oil already passed, many developed countries opt for biofuel, like E85 and other alternatives, such as fusion. With money no longer flowing like oil, they would have reduce spending on the military and more on long term investments and other sectors to create more sustainable jobs.

Russia being Russia, they won't attack unless it involves their own claimed land (like Chechnya or Ossetia).

Which leaves some potential candidates, which is India, Pakistan, the new Egypt, and of course the US of A.

India and Pakistan for obvious reasons, they are like the Koreas, only with more nukes, tanks, planes and men. Egypt probably would take on Israel to make up for what they see as a betrayal by Mubarak for being so western friendly. And America has a very large armed forces. Plenty to put in more puppet states and raise up a few friendly dictators to replace the lost ones. Problem is would other countries let America install more dictators? Maybe Russia would want to put their own dictators instead. That or I'm betting on a drunk starting WWIII.

Or Google finally made its droid army and starts conquering the world in a friendly and evil manner. Which Microsoft won't take lightly, and send in their clone troopers. Mixed in the fight are Apple's Jedi knights.

"self-righteousness can lead to being an asshole"

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 22:50:32

At 3/6/11 10:42 PM, ScrewdriverClock wrote:
At 3/6/11 05:54 PM, andrease wrote: United States of America, Weak
Lol you're Sweedish, since when did your opinion matter? All you guys have is Minecraft and delicious meatballs.

I beg to differ.

They also have a huge nuclear guarded bunker encased in a mountain which is guarded by more guards and iron doors than Fort Knox. Inside contains every computing technology we have ever invented. It's a gigantic guarded time capsule safe from a nuclear explosion.

Yeah. They got nothin goin on for them.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 22:54:13

At 3/6/11 10:48 PM, cybermonkey81 wrote: Russia being Russia, they won't attack unless it involves their own claimed land (like Chechnya or Ossetia).

This is where I am right now. I would just like to stop and say this is an excellent read and you should be proud of your intelligence.

BBS Signature

Response to If WW3 happened... 2011-03-06 23:12:00

At 3/6/11 10:50 PM, Strategize wrote:
At 3/6/11 10:42 PM, ScrewdriverClock wrote:
At 3/6/11 05:54 PM, andrease wrote: United States of America, Weak
I beg to differ.

They also have a huge nuclear guarded bunker encased in a mountain which is guarded by more guards and iron doors than Fort Knox. Inside contains every computing technology we have ever invented. It's a gigantic guarded time capsule safe from a nuclear explosion.

Yeah. They got nothin goin on for them.

So they have Sweedish Meatballs, Minecraft, a bunch of shitty remixes (seriously how could you ruin that Zelda song?) and a computer museum with an oversophisticated security setup.

Yeah, They've got nothing going on for them.