00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Noer1800 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mine taking a look here...

503 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

""Victory Loves Prepareness"" | I'm a Icon Mod.

PSN: PK-Lucas//Gamertag:PSILeo

BBS Signature

Response to Mine taking a look here... 2011-01-15 20:58:42

You did very good with the sound right on spot.
but i dont like how you made it zoom in and how tales gets squished before the guy even punches, kinda weird.

Myspace

Website Coming SoonPurevolume

<BR>Perfection Confection Sugar, you can use it on babies.

BBS Signature

Response to Mine taking a look here... 2011-01-15 21:04:10

Just as a heads up for the future, stay away from the "inbuilt" animations in flash, like the explosion thing you did on tails.

Anyway, looks like you've got a grasp of movieclips, which is good. As for the Vcam, it's basicly another movieclip that has some actionscript attached to it, so that it acts as a sort of "camera".

You know how only what is displayed on the canvas is shown in the final flash, right? (Canvas being the big white box in the middle of where you draw stuff), well, the Vcam changes that rule, and makes it so that whatever is underneath (Or within) the vcam gets drawn.

It means, if you want to zoom, for example, you make the Vcam smaller, rather than tweening and resizing every other thing on your movie. Very handy. (It does other stuff too)

As for sprite tweaking, got no idea im afraid. I don't do sprites.

BBS Signature

Response to Mine taking a look here... 2011-01-15 21:32:39

At 1/15/11 08:58 PM, MisterWonderful wrote: You did very good with the sound right on spot.
but i dont like how you made it zoom in and how tales gets squished before the guy even punches, kinda weird.

Yeah, I noticed. xD
Tails didn't get squished though, and that guy is Lucas from Mother3,
The whole plot of this is that Lucas did something thing to Tails and made him expole. xD;
I did bad on the Vcam though..

At 1/15/11 09:04 PM, StrikerF2 wrote: Just as a heads up for the future, stay away from the "inbuilt" animations in flash, like the explosion thing you did on tails.

Yeah, thanks. Saved me from a bunch. :D

Anyway, looks like you've got a grasp of movieclips, which is good. As for the Vcam, it's basicly another movieclip that has some actionscript attached to it, so that it acts as a sort of "camera".

You know how only what is displayed on the canvas is shown in the final flash, right? (Canvas being the big white box in the middle of where you draw stuff), well, the Vcam changes that rule, and makes it so that whatever is underneath (Or within) the vcam gets drawn.

Yeah, about showing the canvas, I did that on purpose. XD;
For the test I mean.

It means, if you want to zoom, for example, you make the Vcam smaller, rather than tweening and resizing every other thing on your movie. Very handy. (It does other stuff too)

I didn't quite resize the sprites though, but the camera work was a bit weird though, of looking as if the background was squished together.

As for sprite tweaking, got no idea im afraid. I don't do sprites.

Thanks for the awesome advice you two! :D

""Victory Loves Prepareness"" | I'm a Icon Mod.

PSN: PK-Lucas//Gamertag:PSILeo

BBS Signature