To be allowed to make an album-thread in the audio forum, there are a few things and requirements you must consider before getting to it.
Who can make album threads?
- First of all, the right to make album-threads is reserved to audio forum regulars. This is because the audio community is rather small and tight, and a thread advertising your album should be considered a "release-party" type thread among your online friends than an actual attempt to reach out to thge masses. In all honesty, you won't reach out to all that many people by making a thread - at least not considering the size of the current forum.
Who's a regular?
- What is considered a regular user on the audio forum then? There are no set lines for what's a regular and what's a "forum noob", but try to use your common sense here. If you've been around for a long time but rarley post, you can come across as a regular. If you've been active only a month but feel "at home" in the audio forum, you're probably considered a regular. It's important not to divide the community in "noobs" and "regulars", but when it comes to making album-threads , we do try to make a grey line.
Why can only "regulars" make these threads?
- The reasons for this is simply because we want to give the regulars a small benefit for hanging out here and being a part of the community! If there aren't a gazillion of those threads, chanses are they'll get some responces from other regulars too, and that way we can thrive together as a community to constantly improve ourselves!
Album available on NG?
- If you're intending to put the whole album in the Newgrounds Audio Portal (which is prefered, but not a must), you should not make the thread until all tunes have been uploaded. Othervice it'll just serve as a sneaky self-adv. thread, and chanses are that other regs will lose interest innit, and even get annoyed by it getting bumped every day for ten days/every week for ten weeks or similiar.
Your album does not have to be uploaded to Newgrounds, but it's prefered if at least a demo/freebee have been submitted to the Newgrounds Audio Portal. You will stand a better chanse of having your thread approved if this suggestion have been fullfilled!
"I'm really after some massive exposure..."
- Like mentioned, there are many better ways to reach out and recieve exposure from the masses. A few good tips and ideas are mentioned in this thread.
Put some effort into the music!
- If you spit out seven songs that are ill produced/mixed, you're not allowed to make an album thread. Of course everyone are at different levels when it comes to making music, but the point of this is that you should push yourself to put some effort and pride into your work!
Put some effort into the original post!
- When you write your album-thread, be sure to put some effort into what you write. Make it look good and structured, perhaps tell a little something about the creation - you're warmly welcome to try to raise some technical (and/or artistic) aspects, so that there is something to actually discuss in the thread. This will also help keeping the thread alive, which should be very much in the OP's interest.
- Album art is a big pro, and will make things look more serious. Add some in the OP if you have any! You can try to hook up people making artwork through the art-forum by placing a request in this thread.
Remember that if you want really good artwork, you could perhaps offer some money for it?! Be sure to read through the thread before placing a request!
If in doubt...
...ask BBS moderator who is active in the audio forum what goes and what doesn't! You can of course post in here too, if you want.
All BBS moderators...
...will of course reserve the right to shut your thread down. If this happens, a reason should be given. If there is no reason, contact your local BBS-mod who's active in the audio forum and ask what's up, or post in this thread!
- Discuss making albums, distributing physical and /or e-albums and other album-related issues in this thread if you wish! This thread have been set up so that there is a more "official" record of what goes and what doesn't. Rules and guidlines may change, be sure to check through the last page(s) in this thread of what's new!
GOGOGO NEWGROUNDS AUDIO ARTISTS WHO MAKES FULL ALBUMS!