00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Why Do You Hate Pop Music?

3,916 Views | 57 Replies

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 20:43:51

At 10/18/10 07:16 PM, 6r0undZ3r0 wrote: I prefer popcore, but some pop is alright.

The hell is "popcore"?

BLM | ANTIFA

Life's a performance, so give it your all like it's your last show.

MINDCHAMBER DREW THE CAST FOR MY GAME WOW

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 20:48:40

i pretty much think all music made today is shit, all genres across. i only listen to really old hippie music.

If you read this, the terrorists win.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 20:49:35

I love pop music all you guys are just haters.

now officially squidified!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 20:51:10

Because people that actually have talent aren't held in nearly as much limelight as these autotuning dickheads. I'm currently listening to older musicians, mainly rappers, and I realize how unfortunate we are to go from this to shit like Ke$ha.

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 20:53:23

I hate pop and hip-hop, because it takes very little skill or none. It's also a girly type of music by nature, and when guys start listening to it and even MAKING it, it just turns from girly to gay.

In addition, a lot of people listen to it just to fit in. Which is not surprising, because that's the only way I can imagine someone liking that shit in the first place. Along with the gayness, it sounds awful.

People don't realize the amount of skill and talent metal takes, and most of them can't comprehend the awesomeness. I like to use the phrase, "too fast for them to comprehend", because if they could comprehend it they would see the true greatness in it.

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 20:56:40

At 10/18/10 08:53 PM, mothballs wrote: I hate pop and hip-hop, because it takes very little skill or none. It's also a girly type of music by nature, and when guys start listening to it and even MAKING it, it just turns from girly to gay.

That made me lol.

In addition, a lot of people listen to it just to fit in.

People listen to every genre ever just to fit in. Metal? Indie? Hip-hop? Yeah. Them too.

People don't realize the amount of skill and talent metal takes, and most of them can't comprehend the awesomeness.

I'd love to play my guitar so fast I gave myself carpal tunnel. I could say I have talent, too!

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:00:30

At 10/18/10 08:56 PM, ryanson209 wrote: That made me lol.

Care to be specific?

People listen to every genre ever just to fit in. Metal? Indie? Hip-hop? Yeah. Them too.

Are you stupid? I listen to the music that sounded good to me by nature, which was metal. People who try to like something just to fit in? No, not everyone does that. Only idiots do that.

I'd love to play my guitar so fast I gave myself carpal tunnel. I could say I have talent, too!

No, you're missing the point. Nothing more or less I would expect.

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:04:43

At 10/18/10 09:00 PM, mothballs wrote: Care to be specific?

I dunno. It made perfect sense, but it was still funny. Can one explain humor?

Are you stupid? I listen to the music that sounded good to me by nature, which was metal. People who try to like something just to fit in? No, not everyone does that. Only idiots do that.

But still, you cannot deny that there are people who listen to the genres I just mentioned (and more!) just to fit in.

No, you're missing the point. Nothing more or less I would expect.

Tee hee.

BLM | ANTIFA

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:06:03

Because it sucks, I mean some of it is ok. But the rest of it sucks.

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:09:57

1. Unoriginal, annoying, stolen from other songs, etc etc. Pop music wouldn't be so bad if I heard something different, but no, all I hear are slutty pop stars and "emo" bands who need to grow a pair. Lame three chord rock, gay bar pop music about being a whore. Yawn. What a great way to express yourself. I know they're shallow so its hard for them to write or sing about anything else. Oh wait, they don't write their own music anyways, so yeah. Don't try to go another direction and change mainstream music, that'd be bad, I mean, teenagers and imbeciles keep eating this shit up, so why change it up?

2. Decline of talent. Autotune, lip syncing, you name it, there's hardly any talent in pop music anymore. The fucking label puts a dumb harlot on a pedestal and do everything for her - lyric writing, instrumentation, tweaking her voice to sound perfect. Then it falls apart live. I wonder why? Remember pop music before autotune, where people climbed their way to the top through hard work and determination? Now it's just about sucking cocks and ass kissing to get a record deal. Meanwhile, those hard working bands and artists are still there, but they don't reach the limelight or mainstream success for their efforts and creative input.

3. I wouldn't mind these songs as much if I only heard one once in a long while, but no, we have to make twelve fucking misc channels that hardly even air music, and 90% of the stations are top 20, mix pop hits, so on. I try to escape it, but it's no use. The only other channel I can listen to is classic rock. At school where I can't change the channel during PE for example, I hear the same songs over and over and over and over again until I want to beat my head into the wall, rendering it to a bloody pulp. Fucking DJ picks 20 songs and puts them on repeat. Ridiculous.

meh

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:10:34

At 10/18/10 09:04 PM, ryanson209 wrote: I dunno. It made perfect sense, but it was still funny. Can one explain humor?

Well obviously the way you said it didn't sound like you thought it made perfect sense.

But still, you cannot deny that there are people who listen to the genres I just mentioned (and more!) just to fit in.

True, but most of the people try to fit in to pop and hip-hop, because it's the popular thing nowadays. They could try to fit in to metal just to be "br00tal", but it's much less likely, and quite frankly, less aggravating. I actually have a friend like that who does that.

Tee hee.

Hahaha, ha.

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:12:23

i hate the lyrics of rap music, i honestly do not give a damn how big you think your dick is, rap is only acceptable when you're trying to be funny but when well listen to "to the window to the wall Skeet skeet skeet skeet skeet" and people think of this as SERIOUS lyrics i just can't stand that.

All the rhythms sound the same too. At this point every mainstream "artist" is generic and retarded.

im a hipster so, yeah. Cool music is cool.
Anamanaguchi

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:15:42

It sucks.

That's why.

[ICON/GENRE/WIKI MOD] PM me for icon requests or icon/genre related questions.

lulz

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:23:46

I listen to disco.
I listen to techno.
I listen to country.
I listen to classical.
I listen to instrumentals.
I listen to jazz.
I listen to metal.
I listen to SNES game soundtracks.
I listen to yodeling.

I have the worst taste in music ever, and I don't give a fuck. I stopped caring about rap and pop when I realized my tastes are just as obnoxious.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:27:02

At 10/18/10 08:53 PM, mothballs wrote: I hate pop and hip-hop, because it takes very little skill or none. It's also a girly type of music by nature, and when guys start listening to it and even MAKING it, it just turns from girly to gay.

No type of music takes less or more talent to make. There are talented and non-talented people in every genre.

In addition, a lot of people listen to it just to fit in. Which is not surprising, because that's the only way I can imagine someone liking that shit in the first place. Along with the gayness, it sounds awful.

Same could be said about metal. How many metalheads wear the exact same clothes( Denim vests, leather, long hair etc.)? How many metal fans only listen to the bands that are "cool" to listen to based on the standards that other metal listeners have created, and shun everything else? Metal culture is all about fitting in.

People don't realize the amount of skill and talent metal takes, and most of them can't comprehend the awesomeness. I like to use the phrase, "too fast for them to comprehend", because if they could comprehend it they would see the true greatness in it.

Again, no genre of music is inherently more or less talented. There are shitty metal bands and good metal bands, same with everything. Playing a certain style of music doesn't make you a more talented musician, it's about the quality of the music you make.

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:34:01

I hate certain music for it's too similarity for each other. For instance, I don't like SOME metal because it's about "EVIL EVIL EVIL DIE DIE DIE" with some guy screaming. Now, there are a number of exceptions, like MegaDeth or Ozzy.

So, let's make a list.

Pop - Love/Heartbreak lyrics. The poppiness of it. It's pop.
Rap - Gangsta lyrics. And too many times they just don't have any feeling. Funny how Weird Al can make it work, though. :P
Metal - Evil lyrics about evilness. Also, evil death. And a lot of times, just screaming.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:36:42

I hate pop music because all of it is fucking money driven bullshit made for 12 year old girls that still think the new it boy will marry them if they can memorize all his songs and go to every concert. I love Ska and punk music, and I enjoy Metal. A few of my favorite bands are Streetlight Manifesto, Reel Big Fish, Leftover Crack, and Star Fucking Hipsters.

I like them not only because their music appeals to me, but they sing about shit that's real, not bs used to make money.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:42:06

At 10/18/10 09:36 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: I like them not only because their music appeals to me, but they sing about shit that's real, not bs used to make money.

Streetlight and Reel Big Fish are two great bands that say fuck you to modern pop music. They're insanely catchy and their songs are full of hooks but they are against the music industry of today. Streetlight has a superb singer and lyrics, and both groups have extremely talented musicians in the band on every instrument.

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 21:52:19

At 10/18/10 09:42 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Streetlight and Reel Big Fish are two great bands that say fuck you to modern pop music. They're insanely catchy and their songs are full of hooks but they are against the music industry of today. Streetlight has a superb singer and lyrics, and both groups have extremely talented musicians in the band on every instrument.

Tomas Kalnoky > Shakespeare.

The intro to On & On & On made me want to become a (trom)boner. Streetlight deserves so much more than what they get, but I almost like that only some people listen to them. It allows me to know that most people that listen to them are cool.

As for RBF, I love their personality as a band and how they always make fun of music nowadays.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 22:00:28

Justin Bieber has some AWESOME musical talent that my ears can't resist !

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 22:01:11

At 10/18/10 09:47 PM, RacistBassist wrote: Ooh someones into ska now?

I've been into ska for a while, dude. And yeah, he's not a superb guitar player, but he gets the job done, and has some cool riffs and a nice intro on The Big Sleep.

At 10/18/10 09:52 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: Streetlight deserves so much more than what they get, but I almost like that only some people listen to them. It allows me to know that most people that listen to them are cool.

Yeah, if everyone listened to them it'd be ruined. I love Streetlight but actually prefer Catch 22. Keasbey Nights is what I consider to be a perfect album, flawless. No filler songs, no boring parts, all heart and soul.

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 22:17:08

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-18 22:37:12

At 10/18/10 06:50 AM, Wolfos wrote: What music? I refer to them as "annoying combinations of sounds".

This. It's all the same cookie-cutter R&B shit. Anything new and original is deliberately shunned and crushed by the record industry.

I maek lolz. I play Steam. I fight for genital integrity.

Anything else you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-19 00:28:36

I really like system of a down, linkin park, the offspring and a few others. Although I must say that linkin parks new album REALLY pissed me off.

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-19 00:37:03

I don't really look down on pop as a lot of people do. It is rap and hip-hop that sound like complete shit to me. Pop, I can ignore. It certainly could drop a level on the auto tune. But sometimes, I really don't hear the auto tune in pop songs. Auto tune goes more to hip-hop. If you like pop, okay, I just don't find it interesting.

Dreams with the concept of prosperity and happiness are premonitions, only then you can decide next.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-19 00:37:38

At 10/18/10 10:37 PM, HibiscusKazeneko wrote:
At 10/18/10 06:50 AM, Wolfos wrote: What music? I refer to them as "annoying combinations of sounds".
This. It's all the same cookie-cutter R&B shit. Anything new and original is deliberately shunned and crushed by the record industry.

On the contrary, only the new and original make it to be the best selling artists in the record industry, take Eminem, there was nothing like him before, he started releasing albums big in 1999, he's had original beats, lyrics and concepts, no one has came up and copied his style that I know of.

Look at Lady Gaga, she dressed weirdly to gain attention (not that anyone cares anymore) but her music was original, albiet lyriclly it wasn't.

Look at Micheal Jackson, nothing like him before him and he has gone huge to be the best selling artist ever.

So while there are those flukes like say Kesha or Soulja Boy, these artists are just seasonal and will be forgotten in a few years. The original ones like Eminem will last forever.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-19 02:02:11

At 10/18/10 08:43 PM, Ass-Crumb wrote: Metal generally sucks.

Most genres generally suck.

And then there's pretty much the whole techno genre; you do realize that when you talk about 'computer generated music' being a talentless genre you're talking about 50% of the fucking audio portal right?

I have no problem with that.

Yeah, absolutely. Tbh I'm not even going to get into offshoots like poprock or pop punk which generally have so many different lyrical topics, the fact of the matter is that emotions like love, happiness, fun, etc. transcends genre. They're universal themes.

So? Universal themes can be covered in different ways. Swans, one of the most musically interesting bands of the last few decades, wrote at least one song that's sort of about love, but it's written from the perspective of a serial killer. So you can't say that all love songs are cookie-cutter bullshit, but you can say that a lot of mainstream music has cookie-cutter love-song lyrics.

At 10/18/10 10:17 PM, BartzTheMime wrote: This is the best metal song.

* rapcore

wolf piss

Response to Why Do You Hate Pop Music? 2010-10-19 02:19:23

Some times we are in a sad mood and we prefer to live in silent atmosphere..in those situation we don't like pop music..and loud music a kind of voice pollution.