00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheDoujinanimator just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok?

711 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 16:21:44

I have been drawing with a mouse and it's difficult. I was looking at the Wacom Bamboo Pen, not the pen and touch because I didn't really want to spend an extra 30 bucks on an eraser and four hotkey buttons. Is this an okay choice before I go ahead the purchase? Thanks -
AJ

Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok?

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 16:24:18

At 9/17/10 04:21 PM, AJtheRipper wrote: I have been drawing with a mouse and it's difficult. I was looking at the Wacom Bamboo Pen, not the pen and touch because I didn't really want to spend an extra 30 bucks on an eraser and four hotkey buttons. Is this an okay choice before I go ahead the purchase? Thanks -
AJ

if youre serious about getting into digital art or animation Id say its a very okay choice. It wont make you a brilliant artist, but it can take away some obstacles to becoming one.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 16:26:05

if youre serious about getting into digital art or animation Id say its a very okay choice. It wont make you a brilliant artist, but it can take away some obstacles to becoming one.

Great! Yeah I don't expect to become tremendous, my first choice was the Intuos4, but my eyes peeked downwards at the price and my boner vanished as quickly as it appeared ;)

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 17:32:07

I was thinking about getting the bamboo it looks good, probably a good start if you want to get into digital art I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 17:42:57

At 9/17/10 05:32 PM, Fireball543 wrote: I was thinking about getting the bamboo it looks good, probably a good start if you want to get into digital art I guess.

Yeah, I'm trying to get into an IDS major and learn more about digital art, but it's tough with just a mouse ;) I have to put together a serious portfolio soon and my skills aren't up to par, especially with a mouse.

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 17:47:35

Say do you plan on making one individual art thread , you've created a few would want to stay to a single?

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 17:53:34

At 9/17/10 05:47 PM, argile wrote: Say do you plan on making one individual art thread , you've created a few would want to stay to a single?

I was just asking a question on this thread, the other one I made has pictures on it.

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 18:13:44

I recommend the bamboo pen or the bamboo fun. That's the one I got at the moment and it has been treating me well

At your service

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 18:28:13

At 9/17/10 06:13 PM, KartuneHustla wrote: I recommend the bamboo pen or the bamboo fun. That's the one I got at the moment and it has been treating me well

Thanks, I'm going to order the bamboo pen, I just wasn't trusting those fake reviews from the website ;)

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 19:46:58

Yeah, if you have the scratch and are serious about making art digitally; a tablet is a great investment, creating digital art with a mouse is really difficult for most. I haven't had any real hands on time with other lines of tablets, but the old Wacom Garphire 3 that I have had for quite a few years still functions perfectly and my Wacom Penabled Tablet PC has been great.

If you look around on auction sites you might find a better deal than Wacom's own prices.

Good luck.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 21:54:34

Hey just a question i went to staples beside my house and there was a bamboo touch and pen touch i think it was 30$ difference i have no experience with digital drawing but i rlly got into it when i looked at these forums so i unno for a beginner should i start with the touch and then get the pen and touch later? or should i just get the pen and touch to save money?

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 21:58:22

Srry for double post but what about the bamboo craft?

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 22:42:43

Just do some research on google and some websites, like bestbuy or wacom. I have an intuos4 and it works great, although people with bamboos are still very satisfied. I think that the tablet doesn't make the artist. It relies on the artist's skill. a good artists can make amazing work on even a "crappy" tablet.

Response to Bamboo Pen Tablet - Ok? 2010-09-17 22:44:55

At 9/17/10 09:58 PM, BrandenPosts wrote: Srry for double post but what about the bamboo craft?

Bamboo Pen is cheaper than the Pen and Touch, for a beginner I would suggest just getting the Pen, that's what I'm getting. Pen and Touch has only a few more features for 30 bucks.

Kakashi - Thanks man I'm looking into it ;) Intuos4 looks awesome but I can't really spend that kinda dough right now.