Be a Supporter!

Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up.

  • 756 Views
  • 26 Replies
New Topic
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 12:55 AM

Ok... this thread has been made countless times from various people here on NG thinking they are making an original point that will change NG history. I know very well that I am not, this is simply my statement about this fucking god awful NG audio voting system....

For starters, look at the top 5 of the week. Four of the places were skanked by this dick who thought it would be awesome to abuse the system so easily by mass voting his songs up to the top, two of them that were submitted today. The 5th one was submitted today by a user who made the score extra high by getting his friends to vote on it in the previous 3 hours from when it was posted just tonight. All of these 5 songs have a score of n/a in the rankings list, which i thought would make them ineligible for the weekly top 5 anyway.

There are people this week, and every week, who work so hard on music that is amazing and superb, but never noticed because of the one occasional 0 that effects the score tenfold all because of the low vote count. I listened to some beautiful music this week that deserved those top 5 places way more than the shit that was cranked out by the two that got it on there.

I guess their only penalty will be a slight guilt... if any. If I could proove their malicious voting ways, I would be a bit happier since they would be brought to Justice. There is plenty of evidence, but sadly none of it is really raw data. It would be up to the Mods to decide on their fates... if any.

---

Second of all, the only songs that really get noticed are the ones that get into the top of the week, and get on the top 50 of the dance, ambient, techno, trance, dubstep, hip-hop, and classical categories. None of the other categories barely get noticed. So many songs are just lost in the dirt of 0 bombers.

Its like anyone here has the power to walk into an art museum, rip the mona lisa in half, and put their painting in place of it. Of course, we can not compare our music to the mona lisa, but you get the analogy unless im just a retarded philosophical nerd.

The audio portal has been abused for YEARS now... luckily Tom has been pursuing audio related contests and mentioning them in his uber front page news posts, but I never even see the winners of those contests get much recognition.

Its like the audio portal doesnt give a shit about the quality of the song, but only cares if the owner can ruin everyone elses and then make it to the top, spitting in the other songs faces.

No wonder so many people leave the audio portal! There is SO much passion put into many songs, and no one seems to give a fuck but the occasional, thoughtful reviewer that just happened to come across a diamond in a cave.

Comments comments comments... Bah. Fuck the voting system.

SlaveLabor
SlaveLabor
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 01:15 AM

Amen-The fuck- to that.

I feel you brother, sadly I made the same thread, and people lol'd in face and said that's the way of the audio portal. It hurts watching your work getting 0 bombed to shit.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 01:18 AM

redesign is on its way my friend - your prayers will be answered yadda yadda yadda something or other whatever.


Want to chat with fellow newgrounders? Then go here & come visit The High Society Club!
ALSO - My sig isnt there just for show - CLICK IT!

BBS Signature
KgZ
KgZ
  • Member since: Apr. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 01:20 AM

Your username is FatKidWitAJetPak

thread over


www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 01:29 AM

At 8/25/10 01:18 AM, Chronamut wrote: redesign is on its way my friend - your prayers will be answered yadda yadda yadda something or other whatever.

I was told that two years ago :'(

I guess I will just stick to youtube for now.

Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 01:30 AM

I reviewed his songs and he responded with assumptions and an insult to my music. I can't wait for front page material music to actually be front paged.


Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 22
Musician
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 01:54 AM

Only thing I think needs clarification from the OP is there is a redesign on the way which hopefully is all it is ought to be. Also you mention Spikrodd in a side long manner (I don't really want to talk about him like he won't read this, he's a community member too) and what he did is frankly within the confines of the system without specifically abusing it. He took a gamble likely PM'ing some of the people he did.

My biggest hope for the audio portal update is perhaps a que of the top 5 weekly winners... and have it be automated, information cached on the songs scores and whatnot, and have a human element added to weening out anyone attempting to abuse the system. So hypothetically, and assuming Cuzone did in fact pull some shenanigans, a mod would bump his 4 songs, and the next 4 songs would fill the slots.

While I agree with you Fatkid, and as you likely know this, this threads going to be locked probably shortly.

On a side note, I'll review some of your stuff in the eventual future, I've been busy and not in a reviewing other peoples music kind of mood as of late. :P When I do though they'll be worth while.


BBS Signature
Darkmaster603
Darkmaster603
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 01:59 AM

Here's his response to my review, which he admits he abused the system to get the top spots.

I hope the redesign is coming

soon

Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up.


Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Musician
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 02:06 AM

I pmed spickrod lol. He said he feels god awful for getting #1 because he submitted it today and got 30 5s from friends. You dont have to review my stuff lol, but go ahead if you want to! I always enjoy reviews. :)

Could a mod actually bump those songs and the next 4 would fill in? I dont think its possible because P-Bot actually does all that. They would just be shown as blank slots.

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 22
Musician
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 02:49 AM

At 8/25/10 02:06 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I pmed spickrod lol. He said he feels god awful for getting #1 because he submitted it today and got 30 5s from friends.

He should revel in the 3000-6000 listens he'll get though, the quality of his song is better then the large majority of weeklies we get.

You dont have to review my stuff lol, but go ahead if you want to! I always enjoy reviews. :)

You've asked in the past and I badger you with PM's since you are on my fan list. :P I do try to reciprocate... just sometimes theres a lot of reciprocating to be done so I get bogged down.

Could a mod actually bump those songs and the next 4 would fill in? I dont think its possible because P-Bot actually does all that. They would just be shown as blank slots.

At this stage in time, I don't think so. I just think it would be a good improvement in the system if it was a plausible capability. It would demand more of the mods though, and I dunno if they'd be down.


BBS Signature
ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Member since: May. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 02:50 AM

what exactly does this redesign entail? I hear about this constantly.. But never like.. what exactly is going to happen.. and how it has any relevance to the fact that angsty kiddies who are bored, really enjoy making people this upset.

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 02:57 AM

At 8/25/10 02:06 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Said stuff

You sir have just earned yourself a zero-bombing from hell!!!!

Juuust kiding

Anyways, I have sort of ignored the scores now, and the front page, well mean unless i randomly have another one of my songs get into the top 30, THEN i pay attention lol. But until the redesign comes along the only thing i can think of doing is 5'ing all of my songs, just to at least keep them above a 3.00 is my goal. I mean we could start some sort of audio regulars pact and make sure that only we regulars make it onto the top 30. Cause i mean it's not like someone else hasn't already done it, why not mess with their heads and turn their own cheating ways on their ass and have our songs up there until things get fixed? =P

SlaveLabor
SlaveLabor
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 03:02 AM

At 8/25/10 02:57 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 8/25/10 02:06 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Said stuff
You sir have just earned yourself a zero-bombing from hell!!!!

Juuust kiding
Anyways, I have sort of ignored the scores now, and the front page, well mean unless i randomly have another one of my songs get into the top 30, THEN i pay attention lol. But until the redesign comes along the only thing i can think of doing is 5'ing all of my songs, just to at least keep them above a 3.00 is my goal. I mean we could start some sort of audio regulars pact and make sure that only we regulars make it onto the top 30. Cause i mean it's not like someone else hasn't already done it, why not mess with their heads and turn their own cheating ways on their ass and have our songs up there until things get fixed? =P

Can I be in this pact??? :> I'll be bottom 30. Only because my guitars blow ass..

With that being said, I'll be happy to help anyone with drums if needed.

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 03:16 AM

At 8/25/10 03:02 AM, SlaveLabor wrote:
Can I be in this pact??? :> I'll be bottom 30. Only because my guitars blow ass..

Honestly i was kind of joking due to the fact that it's probably not allowed, though i could ask a couple mods. But honestly it would be interesting to see how it would work out, but i doubt it would be a very pausible idea without some sort of mod consent.


With that being said, I'll be happy to help anyone with drums if needed.

Hey joo, no advertizin in dis her threads!

InvisibleObserver
InvisibleObserver
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2009
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 22
Musician
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 03:29 AM

No 5 bomb crew, thats not going to fly. Just keep 5 tickling your own songs since you can do it every day as is.


BBS Signature
CluppHead
CluppHead
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 03:32 AM

hmmm, if you are really as good as you say you are than shouldn't your fans be helping you out already? You would think that a solid fanbase would help to sway the votes. Just saying.... Maybe your not promoting yourself hard enough? I mean, if you are really that concerned with it, than why not focus on your fans and show a bit of appreciation? But than again, maybe you are doing all of these things and the system's fucked.

And since we're ranting and raving, i would like to point out how fucked the review system is. I'll give someone a 10/10 review because I really like the music/flash and some dickhead turns around and says that it's a useless review. WHY?! WHY THE FUCK IS IT USELESS?! If I can't see anything that I would change about it and give praise to the things I like, why is it useless? THAT'S WHAT A 10/10 IS!! WHY HAVE THE FUCKING 10??!! IF THERE NO ARE PROBLEMS WITH THE PIECE OF WORK THAT I CAN CONCEIVE OF THAN IT DESERVES A FUCKING 10!!!!!!! Now, whether it will be a 10 for everyone, is besides the point, this is my opinion of whatever I'm reviewing damn it and I'm so sick and tired of this stupid shit. (pant pant pant)

People complain all the time, oh please review my stuff, PLEASE!! And than it's deemed worthless by fuckheads!!

Whew, I dunno about you all, but I sure as hell feel better after that.

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 03:40 AM

At 8/25/10 03:32 AM, CluppHead wrote: Stuff

I just looked at your reviews. Just because you give something a 10 doesn't inherently make it useful. By giving genuine info, or praise, or criticism is what normally determines if it is useful or not. So pretty much to solve your problem, start writing better reviews, by giving them ways to improve and provide that information in an intelligent and meaningful way =3

CluppHead
CluppHead
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 04:04 AM

I just looked at your reviews. Just because you give something a 10 doesn't inherently make it useful. By giving genuine info, or praise, or criticism is what normally determines if it is useful or not. So pretty much to solve your problem, start writing better reviews, by giving them ways to improve and provide that information in an intelligent and meaningful way =3

Ok, I can understand that. And maybe I'm not the MOST intelligent person in the world, I can totally live with that as well. I do admit, that maybe some of my reviews are lacking, but I wouldn't consider them USELESS. That's such a fucking slap in the face!! It's not like I've got a tv show and am getting paid to write reviews or anything. Shouldn't they be happy that I took a few seconds out of MY time to write something? Even if it's just a freaking smiley face!! At least than they could get an idea of HEY, SOMEBODY LIKED IT!! Bunch of ungrateful little bastards! I wish that they would tell you who thought it was a useless review so I could smack them with a righteous blamhammer for being pricks!!! I find it hard to believe that the flash artist would be the one doing it, it's probably some self righteous fat little shit stroking his E - Peen. It's enough to throw up your hands and say fuck it! But I digress. maybe I am the one with the problem here. Just tryin to spread a little love and some fucktard has to shit all over my parade.

Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Musician
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 04:25 AM

At 8/25/10 12:55 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Ok... this thread has been made countless times from various people here on NG thinking they are making an original point that will change NG history. I know very well that I am not.

So why the fuck do you bother writing up an essay of a thread about it. Everyone knows. Most of us know a new system is on its way. Don't waste your time getting angry over it.

Zerovoting and exposure.

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 04:33 AM

At 8/25/10 04:04 AM, CluppHead wrote: Needs to calm down

Okay okay breath. Honestly, the "Useless/Helpful" system is only there to coexist with the "Flag" button. Pretty much it's like the Like dislike feature of Youtube(only newgrounds has had theirs for far longer) it's just their pretty much for show and so that people can do stuff like "zero voting" or marking it as "useless" mearly so it will get a reaction cause some people out their get off to seeing people squirm over stupid shit like that. We all just need to get back to what matters. The ART. No i don't mean the art section, but ART in general as the medium for our imaginations, and use those people that bug us as reason to strive to get better and have the amount of people who see it as good overshadow the the pussies, cocks, penis's and pussie-ass-cock-sucking-mutherfuckers that try to discourage you. Take you're frustration towards those you hate, and the feelings of those you love and put it out into your medium, wether it be flash animating, picture art(photography/painting/photoshoptype), music... what ever it is, and present it to those who hate your work as a big "FUCK YOU, YOU DON'T MEAN SHIT TO ME!"

CluppHead
CluppHead
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 04:55 AM

At 8/25/10 04:33 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
Needs to calm down

Well said. And yeah, i don't let it get me down as much as I may imply. That's just me being overly dramatic. It does however feel good to get it off of your chest every so often and can totally see why the OP posted this.

Kind of like when your a kid and your scared of the creepy figure outside of your window that looks like your uncle Don. And you yell out to your mom and she comes in and says everything is going to be alright and pats your little head and gives you that warm bubbly feeling that only moms can give you..... than she turns off the light, says sweet dreams and shuts the door. Whispering, everything is going to be alright before the door completely shuts........................but than........

EVERYTHING'S NOT ALRIGHT BECAUSE IT IS YOUR UNCLE DON AND HE'S COME TO RAPE YOU UP THE ASS OVER AND OVER AND YOUR PARENTS CAN'T HEAR YOU SCREAM BECAUSE THEIR BEDROOM IS AT THE OTHER END OF THE HOUSE AND HE'S GOT HIS CALLUSED GRIMY HANDS OVER YOUR MOUTH!!

and you try to tell your parents the next day BUT THEY SAY IT'S A BAD DREAM!! AND THAT YOUR JUST A STUPID LITTLE KID THAT HAS AN OVERACTIVE IMAGINATION!! HOW DOES THAT EXPLAIN ME SHITTING BLOOD FOR TWO WEEKS THAN HUH MOM?! HUH?! huh?! HUH!! AARRRGGGHHHHhhhhhh!!! SO YOU CUT YOURSELF BECAUSE IT FEELS GOOD, IT'S A RELEASE OF PRESSURE, MAYBE SOMEBODY WILL NOTICE IT, AND FEEL BAD FOR POOR ME!! POOR LITTLE FUCKING ME!! WHY DOESN'T ANYONE NOTICE!! WHY??????????!!!!!!!! *click* -----------and scene.

Totally thinking about writing a song about this. LOL

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 05:01 AM

At 8/25/10 04:55 AM, CluppHead wrote: Said some crazy shit yo

I hope that a mod doesn't close dis here, thread, cause i think we needs an intervention like a mutherfucker!!

CluppHead
CluppHead
  • Member since: Aug. 4, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 05:07 AM

At 8/25/10 05:01 AM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 8/25/10 04:55 AM, CluppHead wrote: Said some crazy shit yo
I hope that a mod doesn't close dis here, thread, cause i think we needs an intervention like a mutherfucker!!

None of it was true though. Just my sick way of being creative. My apologies if I offended anybody in the splurge of mental vomit. Still trying to decide if I should write a song about it. Blast a few low chords, give a dark sinister feel, and scream like the lead singer from KoRn. Maybe I'll save that for halloween, it's just around the corner!

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 05:09 AM

At 8/25/10 05:07 AM, CluppHead wrote: Some more shtuff

Yeah i knew you where kiddin, the ending kinda gave ya away =P

But the intervention still could be a good idea, for all of the audio regs to get together for some sort of pow-pow. And no i don't mean intervention as in the sniper, last thing we need is someone to get a headshot in the middle of a crowded area

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Musician
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 06:14 AM

The only thing I can do is to keep the score at least above 3.00, because I think that even my worst submission doesn't deserve a 2 or 1. Then, I just don't care about it... really. I'm just tired of these fucktards bombing underrated music, so I don't need to get upset or anything.
Idiots are everywhere, they existed for centuries and people of each century complained about them. It's not pessimism, it's realism, and since I'm not a pessimist person, my only "optimistic" hope is that the so-called redesign will finally block these pathetic 0-bombers.
Other than that, I'll just wait and see.

Step
Step
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Musician
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 06:24 AM

I already knew what your post's content was going to be before even reading it. Like you said, you're bringing up arguments which have been brought up hundreds of times in the past.

I obviously agree with you, and every dedicated Audio Portal member would, but unfortunately the 'redesign' hasn't happened yet, and making new threads saying things that have already been said won't help.

Months ago I had posted an idea in the NG Evolution thread and in the Zerovoting and Exposure thread too, which seemingly had no flaws and would work perfectly, plus I think it's relatively easy to implement too, but it seems that it was ignored, so like I said, all we can do is wait for that 'redesign' that would hopefully end the voting system's abuse.

In the meantime, there are plenty of other ways of getting exposure, and while all of them combined aren't even nearly as effective as a top 5/30, we'll have to stick with those until the system's flaws are fixed, I suppose.


Review Request Club | PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON THIS I BEG YOU | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for any Audio Portal-related help.

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Member since: Oct. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Fuck This Voting System! Im Fed Up. Aug. 25th, 2010 @ 06:33 AM

At 8/25/10 04:25 AM, Mich wrote: Zerovoting and exposure.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if you MUST vent, do it in that thread. BUT READ THE FIRST PAGE FIRST!


Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...