00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Barcode Kanojo

4,118 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Barcode Kanojo 2010-08-13 20:29:00

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2010-08-13 20:54:42

... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU CK

brb, selling my computer so I can get an iPhone.

BBS Signature

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2010-08-13 22:00:16

Anyone else misread the title as "Banjo-Kazooie"?

At 5/11/59 09:17 PM, Wolverine said:

| No no-neck redneck dumps on my wife and gets away with it!

BBS Signature

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2010-08-13 22:06:29

At 8/13/10 10:00 PM, Sun-Wukong wrote: Anyone else misread the title as "Banjo-Kazooie"?

Guilty.

Steam ID: Major Sergeant Johnsonmanberg

It's been a while, hasn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2010-08-13 22:44:31

At 8/13/10 10:06 PM, Robotchk12 wrote:
At 8/13/10 10:00 PM, Sun-Wukong wrote: Anyone else misread the title as "Banjo-Kazooie"?
Guilty.

Thirded.

And man, this application sounds so gay, I'd be tempted to get it if I owned an iphone.

This is absolutely awful. Who could steep so low to buy this? I doubt it's a source for hentai by having sexual intercourse with your virtual girlfriend, so it's hardly fappable. And what's with scanning barcodes to generate them? Shouldn't that be considered illegal?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2010-08-13 23:09:43

At 8/13/10 10:44 PM, Gustavos wrote:
This is absolutely awful. Who could steep so low to buy this? I doubt it's a source for hentai by having sexual intercourse with your virtual girlfriend, so it's hardly fappable. And what's with scanning barcodes to generate them? Shouldn't that be considered illegal?

1. It's going to be free.
2. You can use something called an imagination. Not really that hard.
3. If it was illegal, we wouldn't have Barcode Battlers, now would we?

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2010-08-13 23:39:14

i thought he meant Banjo-Kazooie but just misspelled it.

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2010-08-13 23:46:46

At 8/13/10 11:39 PM, sweet21 wrote:

I misread it as Banjo Kanojo. HAHA I WIN

I am the strongest.

BBS Signature

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2015-03-09 22:44:18 (edited 2015-03-09 22:45:01)

I am not playing this game, nor do I suspect (or is that hope) that anyone on this forum would be interested in playing this game. But I am posting it because I have watched it blow up huge in certain circles in the last 48 hours and I admire the just how ruthless this thing is going to be once they open their inevitable microtransations.

I am talking about Barcode Kanojo for the iPhone.

The basic idea of the game is that you find an item like, say, Gears of War. You scan in the barcode on that item and the program checks the database. If no one else has scanned in Gears of War, the game randomly generates a cute girl for you. You give her a name, and then you can spend your two resources, Stress and Money, to fill up her Love bar and make her your girlfriend. She'll make a variety of cute faces as you touch her and get dizzy when you shake the phone and is pretty much designed to make lonely nerds never turn off their phone ever again.

The great part is what happens when you scan a barcode and it turns out that someone else has scanned the same barcode before. You get the girl's profile, including who she is dating, and you can choose to add her anyway. Then you can spend your resources to steal her away. So you've got infidelity and paranoia built right in to your cute pretend girlfriend game. I've already seen someone share their barcode and then multiple others immediately get into a flamewar as they all try to steal her from each other.

This makes it so that you have a choice between spending all of your resources to keep a highly desirable barcode to yourself, or scan a bunch of stuff no one else will think to scan, like condoms, and spread your points between them to make a harem. When they let you make microtransactions to refill your resources faster, they will have the perfect tool to extract money from the desperately lonely.

For me, just occasionally refreshing the main page and seeing what kind of stuff people are scanning is more than enough amusement. It was heartening to see someone use deodorant, and I was entertained to see Diddy Dirty Money-chan.

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2015-03-09 22:45:58

At 8/13/10 11:39 PM, sweet21 wrote:

same here

Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario

Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Barcode Kanojo 2015-05-19 04:29:42

Does it related to bar code? Or just this game give you a virtual girlfriend who names Bar code