00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

lucidstriker595 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Your popularity through music?

3,389 Views | 39 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-01 21:05:15

Music hasn't really changed me. It's helped me express things I haven't been able to do otherwise. My most emotional songs have been composed in critical stages of my life. It's a nice outlet I guess.

I'm not in it for the money or the fame, but they're bonuses that may come with it and I wouldn't turn them down if they ever did. I'm passionate about what I do because I like what I do, I enjoy it a lot.

To me, the best thing about making music is seeing peoples' reactions to it (assuming you've reached a point where you can actually get reactions from people with it). It's great to know someone out there probably downloaded your song and plays it before they go to sleep, or to know that it helped someone in a rough situation.

My music is actually rather personal to me. I've only shown it to a handful of IRL friends.

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-01 21:59:31

Meh, small following. Trying to find new outlets to get my music out there. It's frustrating how much more known I could have become due to things that were out of my control.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-01 22:03:39

I have 58 people that have me on their favorite artist list...but I don't have any kind of following. I make music for myself, and if anyone likes it that's good too. I can't say I know of anyone who actually follows my music lol.

Comment/follow/click on some ads

Sig courtesy of InvisibleObserver

BBS Signature

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-02 02:32:06

I'm big in China.

BBS Signature

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-02 02:46:09

Before music, I was a nobody.
But now, I'm a nobody with a soundtrack.

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-02 08:17:22

I completely forgot to mention how 'popular' i am set aside from if i want to be popular.

I get very high eyes from the people i share my music with among wich are performing guitarists and a music mentor who has played together with a whole lot of jazz and folk artists.
Thats enough for me. I rather be apreciated by few talented musicians than by a lot of oblivious ordinary people.

Especially since money isnt a drive behind music and shouldnt be but hey whatever floats your boat and gets you off and makes you oil your body and makes you touch yourself in bed.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-04 11:59:06

I guess people in the IDM and Breakcore community appreciate my stuff. I can't say I haven't gained popularity since I started, because I noticeably get advice and comments and reviews from many more musicians in my genre than I used to, but it's not to some extreme degree. I'm just satisfied with the occasional compliment. Keeps me going I guess.

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-04 13:57:56

Music has enabled me to feel like I suck at something. ...again.

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-04 17:04:28

I have less space on my hard drive :(

Response to Your popularity through music? 2010-07-04 17:06:09

FOR TEH NEXUZSES MAHAHA! +^+