00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metro 2033 vs. Other Games

947 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-27 17:25:07

Well I'm deciding which game to pick for my PC. From your experience with the following games, please choose one:
Street Fighter 4
Zeno Clash
Godfather 2
Wanted: Weapons of Fate

No guesses based on hype and try to base your suggestion considering the fact that I may not be a fan of a certain genre, so don't go around saying OMG Street Fighter 4 is the best game, buy it now! Just because you like fighting games.

I am Tom Fulp's Frulp, AKA Tom's Frulp.

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-27 17:26:35

At 6/27/10 05:25 PM, TomsFrulp wrote: Street Fighter 4

I personally dislike fighting games.

Zeno Clash

Haven't heard of it.

Godfather 2

I thought it was good, but not good enough.

This game is quite bad.

Metro 2033 is awesome. Go with it.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-27 17:29:38

Metro 2033 is short and linear, the only replay value you'll probably get from it is achievements and a second, hard to get ending.

But even though its short ride it's still pretty fun.

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-27 17:30:50

At 6/27/10 05:26 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/27/10 05:25 PM, TomsFrulp wrote: Street Fighter 4
I personally dislike fighting games.

As do I but i was hoping to give it a chance

Zeno Clash
Haven't heard of it.

It's an indie first-person fighting game. I heard it was quite good. YouTube it.

Godfather 2
I thought it was good, but not good enough.

This game is quite bad.

Have you played it? If so from the demo I thought it was rather addicting. Too bad the cover system is a little wonky

Metro 2033 is awesome. Go with it.

I'll have to take more options into consideration but thank you.

Also, I have just finished playing singularity. I think it's rather similar to Metro 2033 so I might need a change in pace, might not. Either way it was a very good game.

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-27 17:38:01

At 6/27/10 05:25 PM, TomsFrulp wrote: Well I'm deciding which game to pick for my PC. From your experience with the following games, please choose one:
Street Fighter 4
Zeno Clash
Godfather 2

No guesses based on hype and try to base your suggestion considering the fact that I may not be a fan of a certain genre, so don't go around saying OMG Street Fighter 4 is the best game, buy it now! Just because you like fighting games.

As another suggestion how about Mount and Blade: Warband and Chronicles of Riddick the second one. Also feel free to add your own suggestions.

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-27 17:44:05

At 6/27/10 05:25 PM, TomsFrulp wrote: Well I'm deciding which game to pick for my PC. From your experience with the following games, please choose one:
Street Fighter 4
Zeno Clash
Godfather 2

None.

Come the fuck on...

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-27 17:52:47

At 6/27/10 05:44 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: Come the fuck on...

Well I have said give me a suggestion. So if you have one, share it.

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-27 18:24:49

Ive played metro 2033 on Pc and it was great the combat was fun the enemies and story was great and the grapchis are great even if i played it on low it kicked ass.It had alittle bugs and its kinda akward when you hold with 1 sec more the R reload button you change your ammo type but the game is still great :D 8/10

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-27 18:48:30

At 6/27/10 05:30 PM, TomsFrulp wrote:
This game is quite bad.
Have you played it? If so from the demo I thought it was rather addicting. Too bad the cover system is a little wonky

I played it on the Xbox. I got through the game once and then on my second playthrough on the harder difficulty couldn't finish the last level. It wasn't one of the worst games I've played, but compared to Metro 2033, it's a lot worse. Metro 2033 was actually one of my favourite recent games to come out because it reminded me of Bioshock and Bioshock is my favourite video game series.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-28 04:54:15

Metro or Street Fighter.

However i'd reccomend STALKER over Metro

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-28 08:40:17

At 6/27/10 05:52 PM, TomsFrulp wrote:
At 6/27/10 05:44 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: Come the fuck on...
Well I have said give me a suggestion. So if you have one, share it.

Fine.

Killing Floor.
Mount And Blade: Warband.
Tropico 3.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call Of Pripyat (as far as I'm aware, the only good S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game).
Team Fortress 2.
Dawn Of War 2.
Dawn Of War.
Left4Dead 2.
Half Life and Half Life 2 (grab them together and go get some mods).

Did you need any more?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-28 09:57:38

At 6/27/10 05:25 PM, TomsFrulp wrote:
Street Fighter 4

Great if you like fighting games. You'll get your ass handed to you unless you have godly skill.

Zeno Clash

Mediocre. The novelty of punching people in first person wears off fast, then you just have a repetitive, linear fighting game with a bizarre art style.

Godfather 2

Not that great.

Shit.

Metro 2033

I didn't like it that much, but its the best out of the games you mentioned (but if you love fighting games, get SUPER Street Fighter 4).

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-06-28 11:59:36

At 6/28/10 10:01 AM, Pesticide wrote:
At 6/28/10 09:57 AM, Jackho wrote: Great if you like fighting games. You'll get your ass handed to you unless you have godly skill.
You don't need "godly" skill to win, the whole game is terribly casual.

You haven't played the online have you? It's fucking insane

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-07-01 13:15:27

At 6/27/10 05:44 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:
Fine.

Killing Floor.

Awesome source games, tried it some months ago. Worth the price ( when reduced)

Mount And Blade: Warband.

This game is epic. If you like medieval like warfare, and rpg, its a must have.

Tropico 3.

Yet another good game, kinda like simcity on a really smaller scale.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call Of Pripyat (as far as I'm aware, the only good S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game).

Shadow of tchernobil is better in my opinion, but is a really good FPS/survival game. Warning: This game is realistic, if you rush a guy, you have 90% chance of dieing. So take a spot far away and explode is head with a sniper.

Team Fortress 2.

A fast-paced FPS, kinda childish in style but cool.

Dawn Of War 2.
Dawn Of War.

Never heard of them

Left4Dead 2.

Played the first one, the demo of the 2, and I can hardly see the difference beetween them, apart of new enemies, guns and caracther.

Half Life and Half Life 2 (grab them together and go get some mods).

HL1 ftw!

You have great taste in videogame :D

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

-Albert Einstein

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-07-01 13:59:24

Street Fighter 4

No. Get Super Street Fighter 4 for a console.

Zeno Clash

Decent Game, Seemed Linear to me.

Godfather 2

Never played it

Meh.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-07-01 18:28:52

i recommend metro 2033 cause its my fav game for my 360 the graphics kick ass the story is like a movie andthe weapons are like godly u will find a challenge on the harder difficulty but u would have fun

plus its Russian so that makes it even better

Loose Pussy Lips

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-07-01 19:14:25

I just wanted to say that Zeno Clash is a great game, in my opinion, though it is VERY short, only about 4-5 hours or so of gameplay for the main story. There are Steam achievements to earn and an arena type mode for replay value, so you can extend your play time that way, also you can use the Zeno Clash models for Garry's Mod if you're into that scene.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-07-01 21:04:56

At 7/1/10 07:14 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: I just wanted to say that Zeno Clash is a great game, in my opinion, though it is VERY short, only about 4-5 hours or so of gameplay for the main story. There are Steam achievements to earn and an arena type mode for replay value, so you can extend your play time that way, also you can use the Zeno Clash models for Garry's Mod if you're into that scene.

Oh yes, it wasn't a bad game by any means. It's just not the type of game to pay £5.62 for. The shortness of the game and the lack of variation of enemies (you fight the same people over and over again) just leaves it short of a recommendation. In terms of imagination though, it is amazing. It even uses the unique setting and creatures to it's advantage for a nice twist at the end. It's also a treat for your eyes. It's just, well, painfully linear with only small areas to look around with the same objective over and over again (go here, beat everyone up, next room).

Not to mention, the PC version got screwed over after the console version got some exclusive new things that PC gamers, if they do get it, will have to pay extra for. I'd honestly recommend looking elsewhere, like Killing Floor which offers the occasional free updates (e.g. new levels and there was even an update of a new perk, new weapons and new enemies, all for free, you can pay for some skins if you want), which I'm hoping they'll release a new one. Either that or a game that supports mods like Mount And Blade: Warband (and, if you can, get both that and the previous one, if you can't, well, just get Warband, the previous version is only useful for older mods). Believe me, it's refreshing to break up playing in medieval times to play some 1884 and shooting some people down with rifles and revolvers. Two more games that supports mods is, naturally, Half Life 1 and 2; although I'm guessing you already knew that.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-07-01 21:17:27

At 7/1/10 09:04 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: to play some 1884 and shooting some people down with rifles and revolvers.

I just found out the actual name of the mod is 1866. Shit.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Metro 2033 vs. Other Games 2010-07-02 13:56:09

Street Fighter IV. Good game, fun to play with friends.

You don't quit NEWGROUNDS, NEWGROUNDS quits YOU.