00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RitzMuffins just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What I actually love about Ng.

2,872 Views | 47 Replies

What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 18:40:08

You will be amazed at how many people, what sorts of people, and what kinds of people exist on these forums.

I don't believe there is a general nerdy whatever stereotype from my 6 year experience.

They're some really nice people, really athletic people, really nice AND athletic people, really clever people (but still very kind)! It's kind of like high school actually.

And I say this because people are people. Everybody here. Is different, in some way. So tell me newgrounds, do you agree? What do you do for yourself, and tell me about yourself! And be honest!

Cockjoke

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 18:41:22

It's high school ALL OVER AGAIN.

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 18:43:11

Well thats what most forums do.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 18:44:15

At 6/18/10 06:41 PM, MuyBurrito wrote:
At 6/18/10 06:40 PM, Ejit wrote: MuyBurrito can do backflips
Shut up Ejit.

So can obvious-m

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 18:45:14

its like high school but on the internet.

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 18:45:42

I smell a fuckin' circle jerk.

again.

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 18:47:42

Yeah, there are a ton of cool people here with all sorts of personalities, abilities and perspectives to bring to the discussion table. Hence why the BBS is actually pretty interesting - it's not all video game discussions and nerd-rants.

You notice this most often at meet-ups, when you look around at the group of Newgrounders surrounding you and realize that mostly everyone is pretty normal, and not super nerdy or socially introverted.

I'm curious to see what happens in another 5-10 years, when all of the regulars hit adulthood. If everyone sticks around the site, we may have a userbase with some doctors, lawyers, accountants, politicians, professional voice actors and animators, and maybe even a few more Newgrounds staff members.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 18:50:13

I'm 19, going to university to study journalism, I'm an unpaid games journalist and all-round writer.

However, I was a Royal Marine cadet for 5 years at my school and became a Cadet Colour Sergeant and head of my section - I was also known as one of the main people at the school's gym, sort of obsessed with fitness.

I was going to join the Army but can't because I got injured and stuff; so I'm doing the next best thing, writing because I both love it and I'm good at it.

I've been with my beautiful girlfriend for a year and a half and we're wildly in love. I've had quite a few girlfriends before and lost my virginity at the age of 14; which I regret quite a lot.

I wasn't that popular at school but managed to get more confident and get a lot more friends by my last few years, being in the cadets definitely helped.

So that's some info about me, I've been fairly athletic, academic and popular but not a lot in any category. I consider myself a pretty well-rounded guy nowadays.

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:02:18

At 6/18/10 06:50 PM, Limited wrote:
So that's some info about me, I've been fairly athletic, academic and popular but not a lot in any category. I consider myself a pretty well-rounded guy nowadays.

Oh wow! Well done! You've taken your opportunities and you've expressed them to the fullest extent! You've truly used your mind to shape who you are today, and how you are as of this world! Its perseverance that inclines our determination and with it our capacity to improve ourselves! I love that kind of I will make it spirit!

Grats of the highest order.

Well I'll say some short thing about myself.

I did well in school, doing well in college (flourishing in philosophy), quite social, but I make ALOT of time, devoted to my training in martial arts. It is what I love to do, and one of the things I hope to pursue in the future. I have a black belt in traditional jujitsu, that I got at the age of 9, edging 10 which I only just picked up again this year. I do hefty amounts of mixed martial arts training, but that is only because it truly feels like doing this is part of who I am. I'm very open, and I've been told I'm a great writer when I feel the urge to pick up the pen.

So in my youth, I'm just staggered at the different kinds of people I know, which lead me into the initial persona for the original post of this thread (if that is the right word to use).

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:04:25

At 6/18/10 06:47 PM, Timmy wrote: I'm curious to see what happens in another 5-10 years, when all of the regulars hit adulthood. If everyone sticks around the site, we may have a userbase with some doctors, lawyers, accountants, politicians, professional voice actors and animators, and maybe even a few more Newgrounds staff members.

I'll be there. To be honest I don't care about any of the nerdyness of anybody here. It's how you set yourself, not as a troll, but as a thoughtful individual which matters to me. And I do realise that there are those situations where people (everybody) just don't give a crap.

Those situations I must add, are hilarious, the glory of the BBS.

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:06:45

And of every 400,000 users that sign up, 1 of them is actually a mental person who goes and shoots up their school in some way or form. Quite sad really.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:10:16

At 6/18/10 07:08 PM, MuyBurrito wrote:
At 6/18/10 07:06 PM, simon wrote: And of every 400,000 users that sign up, 1 of them is actually a mental person who goes and shoots up their school in some way or form. Quite sad really.
Nobody's perfect.

Did I mention I have adopted a jaguar...

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:12:23

At 6/18/10 07:02 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
Grats of the highest order.

Thanks dude, means a lot.

At 6/18/10 07:06 PM, simon wrote: And of every 400,000 users that sign up, 1 of them is actually a mental person who goes and shoots up their school in some way or form. Quite sad really.

Or you know, tries to burn it down and gets arrested...

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:12:40

You're right, there is some really nice people around here, if you ignore the assholes, you can have a good time.

Intro of darkness then redness then whiteness.

My "art" :D

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:15:32

At 6/18/10 07:12 PM, Limited wrote:

it wasn't sirtoms fault hes innocent.

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:16:06

At 6/18/10 06:40 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
They're some really nice people, really athletic people, really nice AND athletic people, really clever people (but still very kind)! It's kind of like high school actually.

The whole reason I come here is to get AWAY from High School, but I see what your getting at.

PSN:Ryder-Omega/Steam:Ryder Omega

I'm that lazy bastard who doesn't bother to take down his damn Christmas lights. I still have the fucking kriss-kringle hats from last year!

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:22:00

At 6/18/10 07:15 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 6/18/10 07:12 PM, Limited wrote:
it wasn't sirtoms fault hes innocent.

Sirtom has his own thread... Now I would like you all to concentrate on adopting, via WFF a jaguar.

Attempt to change topic

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:28:52

You know what I love about NG? Nothing. I HATE YOU ALL.

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:32:27

I just love that everyone starts each sentence with a capital letter.

Not Tony-DarkGrave

My beautiful music!

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:34:19

Aaaaaaaw. Yeah, I guess I pretty much agree.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:35:40

All western pigs are the same, only the Premier is different.

The People's Account, made for the people, but not run by the people.

Read Our History

And Learn About Our Nation

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:37:26

At 6/18/10 07:22 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
Sirtom has his own thread... Now I would like you all to concentrate on adopting, via WFF a jaguar.

Attempt to change topic

Fuck, I actually thought you had a jaguar.

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:40:52

At 6/18/10 06:47 PM, Timmy wrote: I'm curious to see what happens in another 5-10 years, when all of the regulars hit adulthood. If everyone sticks around the site, we may have a userbase with some doctors, lawyers, accountants, politicians, professional voice actors and animators, and maybe even a few more Newgrounds staff members.

The BBS has been around for about 10+ years now, and I have to say that it has already happened a number of times. Unfortunately, a lot of people fall off the site or lose interest before they get too old, but there's always that core of users who are adults with kids, careers, student loans and all that fun stuff.

One day we should have a "newgrounds reunion" for people who have been on the site for 10+ years and are now adults and we can have all the fun awkward conversations found at the most obnoxious of highschool reunions while at the same time trying to justify the trip to Philly to our loved ones to visit internet people we haven't talked to in a decade.

For me, I'm blown away by how almost everyone I meet on here is normal/successful in life. It seems every teenager is on track to graduate highschool, go onto college and start careers or grad school. It's interesting to think that despite the perception of internet degenerates, so many are worried about MCATs, LSATS, GRE results or getting into their first pick college or getting a job interview. Half of a stickam room at one point were talking about law school aspirations. In the Politics forum, we have some people going for their masters degrees or even second advanced degrees. How crazy is that?! I remember discussing HIGH SCHOOL with those same people, and yet here we are. Every year more of us get married or otherwise make it through life beyond the computer.

I'm actually most impressed by how ripped Rucklo is. He's got the body of a Greek God!

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:42:24

I heard PsychoGoldfish can sing really good!

...in Javascript...

Bananular.

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:44:45

I would have to agree with you. The vast majority of Newgrounds users are relatively intelligent, interesting, and unique people. This is impressive, when compared to the rest of the internet.

none

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 19:54:15

Shut up Ejit.

Hey guys, let me in on this ass kissing plox

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 20:37:43

At 6/18/10 07:54 PM, EvilJesus wrote:
Shut up Ejit.
Hey guys, let me in on this ass kissing plox

This one is already taken. Find your own.

What I actually love about Ng.

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 20:43:53

I heard that EpicFail could play the banjo.

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 21:01:04

I like how whenever I might end up talking to some of the people I meet here they are actually interesting and nice to talk to. Rather than being boring and closed minded and finding the slightest thing to be offensive. I made 1 lighthearted comment about pedophiles a while ago to some people not from NG and I got shit for hours.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to What I actually love about Ng. 2010-06-18 21:11:13

At 6/18/10 06:47 PM, Timmy wrote: Yeah, there are a ton of cool people here with all sorts of personalities, abilities and perspectives to bring to the discussion table. Hence why the BBS is actually pretty interesting - it's not all video game discussions and nerd-rants.
I'm curious to see what happens in another 5-10 years, when all of the regulars hit adulthood. If everyone sticks around the site, we may have a userbase with some doctors, lawyers, accountants, politicians, professional voice actors and animators, and maybe even a few more Newgrounds staff members.

Now THIS would be pretty cool... famous people that were once regulars on NG! :)
I'd like to see where this place is in the future.

I RESPECT YOUR OPINION.