00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MLouise just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

125,334 Views | 2,892 Replies

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 11:46:39

Argentina is winning with a questionable goal. There was a foul by Samuel during the free kick, so it probably shouldn't count, unless it was foul before from the Nigerian defender.

Their forwards are great, but they just dont work as a team.Messi's looking great though.

Gamertag: enquencle

Looking for people who plays Fifa 08 :(

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 11:52:31

And Argentina just won

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:00:33

Argentina looked very good in attack there, but their defence wasn't great. Nigeria had plenty of chances to equalise, and a good side will punish them- the next match against South Korea will be very interesting.

Still, best to avoid Argentina I think, hopefully we'll come top of our group and not have any chance of facing them until the final. A win against the USA later is all important (or at the very least a draw- I'd fancy England to score more against the other two and be top on goal difference in that scenario).

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:01:52

Final score - Argentina 1, Nigeria 0.

So many missed chances, but very entertaining game. It was nice that it wasn't just Messi on that front, but various Nigerian strikers too. They all looked exhausted by the end, since they had both moved into the mass-pass way of doing things. Enyeama for man of the match I think.

I have a bit of a feeling that deciding who goes through in Group B may lean on how much Nigeria and Argentina can beat Greece by, if you'll forgive my cynicism. Group A need to look out.

For the next highly anticipated game...

... let's look at the game :)

For everything else, there's...

Laptop touchpad, give me credit.

2010 Fifa World Cup Thread

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:14:34

Typically I'm missing Englands opening game due to work and I'm too much of a wuss to pull a sicky. And I'll miss the highlights as well because I don't finish until 11.

TL;DR: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:20:17

Maradona looked like he wanted to just jump in and play himself, haha.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:21:35

At 6/12/10 12:14 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Typically I'm missing Englands opening game due to work and I'm too much of a wuss to pull a sicky. And I'll miss the highlights as well because I don't finish until 11.

TL;DR: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Get your old video recorder out!

Oh and stay away from the outside world un til you get home :)

ad

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:24:07

At 6/12/10 11:28 AM, Gagsy wrote: I want England to win as much as any Englishman does but I'm not deluded about our choices and never have been.

I'm not picking you out, but knowing you and the fact that you're on, you'd say something.

But the fact that you guys think that you're either going to win without a fight or just slaughter us is basically being deluded.

Do I think we can beat USA? Of course.

Take in consideration that we're not a horrible team and that this hasn't gotten big because of the fact that we're making it big because of our egos. I mean, we did this in the 80's in Hockey, we won against you guys back in the 60's, and we have a good chance of doing it again.

Do I think we can win the World Cup? No. Where is the high horse stuff then mate?

Now don't twist my words to total ambition. I'm looking at the high-horsing from this incoming game, not the league.

I've never claimed we are anything other then a semi decent team.

And you guys are, but so are we.

Us Americans have the saying 'Don't count your chickens before they hatch'.

You'll never know what happens. You could win, and we won't make a big stink about it. Or we'll win and not shove it in your faces. But to be honest, the English that I see that are rooting are acting a little too pompous.

What a shame, Mister Jensen.

I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:31:40

At 6/12/10 12:24 PM, igott wrote: Us Americans have the saying 'Don't count your chickens before they hatch'.

Lmao

Aesop, mate

It's before your time

ad

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:33:41

Oh and the idea that us English are blindly cocky is absolute rubbish, this match is regarded as the our hardest in the group stage and there's been very few predictions of an outright slaughter. We're confident that we can win, and of course can and should on paper.

So shut up.

ad

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:33:58

At 6/12/10 12:31 PM, Chord wrote:
At 6/12/10 12:24 PM, igott wrote: Us Americans have the saying 'Don't count your chickens before they hatch'.
Lmao

Aesop, mate

It's before your time

Ah, but I still see us Americans using it more than you Brits.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:34:50

At 6/12/10 12:33 PM, igott wrote: Ah, but I still see us Americans using it more than you Brits.

'Cos you live in America, I expect :\

ad

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:35:05

I never got into sports much, but I have heard about this a little more on the news (or at least on places like Comedy Central) and I do find it kind of strange that they are calling it "football", as in everyone is. I suspect we will simply call the sport "football" sometime soon as well. I was pretty good at soccer in high school.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:39:44

Can I post the picccyture I drewed for everyone every time there's some inter-nation flaming that goes beyond football? :(

Long story short: I'm English, I know we're a pompous sort. Some of us are pompous in different ways. Is pompous a negative adjective? I don't know, is anti anti-art anti-art?

I love America :(

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:43:04

Also, it'll be interesting to see if Italy still has it. I'm surprised Cannavaro doesn't have a zimmer frame.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:46:19

I figured Argentina would win. I was pulling for Nigeria but Argentina seemed to be a bit more stoked to win from the getgo. They just had more of a spark.

Anyway, I'm pulling for England to win the World Cup despite being from the US. The US is second to me. What I am wondering about it how Tim Howard will play as the US keeper for the first time.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:48:54

At 6/12/10 12:34 PM, Chord wrote:
At 6/12/10 12:33 PM, igott wrote: Ah, but I still see us Americans using it more than you Brits.
'Cos you live in America, I expect :\

I'm on fucking Newgrounds. You think we're all Americans?

I guess I'm bitching because not only are a lot of you guys total assholes when it comes down to it, but because once again, you took a team that's having a decent year and made them look like they're not even on the leaderboards.

Underestimating shit really does piss me off.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:54:28

At 6/12/10 12:48 PM, igott wrote: I'm on fucking Newgrounds. You think we're all Americans?

Often seems that way tbh

I guess I'm bitching because not only are a lot of you guys total assholes when it comes down to it, but because once again, you took a team that's having a decent year and made them look like they're not even on the leaderboards.

Underestimating shit really does piss me off.

The US hasn't been underestimated at all, as I say we've said it will be our toughest group stage match by a long way and most people are predicting at best a modest win.

Where has your idea that your team has been underestimated come from?

If it's from average Joe on the internet going on about how we'll kick your ass 5-0 then it's to be expected of course, assuming they represent general opinion would be like calling all muslims terrorists.

ad

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 12:55:17

To the people saying that were "semi decent" and that the americans are to i say Fuck you all! Seriously compare the two teams England are rank 7th for a reason we have players liek Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Ashley Cole and who the fuck have you got..? Clint Dempsey.. im shitting myself already......

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:05:07

At 6/12/10 11:46 AM, enquencle wrote:
Their forwards are great, but they just dont work as a team.Messi's looking great though.

I just want to say, I love your sig :)

At 6/12/10 12:24 PM, igott wrote:
You'll never know what happens. You could win, and we won't make a big stink about it. Or we'll win and not shove it in your faces. But to be honest, the English that I see that are rooting are acting a little too pompous.

igott, I got to say you're reading into this too much. Don't Americans with their football, so the whole "WE'RE GONNA BEAT YOU TONIGHT!" and such when it comes to meeting rival fans before a big game. We're not being arrogant or underrating the US really, we just like to believe we can win and like to stay positive about our team before we play. Doesn't any team?

Yeah on paper I think we should beat you, but any football fan here knows that it doesn't always go the way it 'should', so yeah. Good luck tonight I guess.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:12:45

If USA wins can you guys/girl buy me a beer at london meet?

None

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:15:13

At 6/12/10 12:55 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote: To the people saying that were "semi decent" and that the americans are to i say Fuck you all! Seriously compare the two teams England are rank 7th for a reason we have players liek Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Ashley Cole and who the fuck have you got..? Clint Dempsey.. im shitting myself already......

Okay, disregard the entirety of England. It's just this sectional asshole.

Again, spend less time talking out of your ass and more time looking at the sides.

Also, Gagsy.
It's not going to be total carnage, and it's not going to be completely obvious who won until the clock's out.
I mean you guys are a force to be reckoned with, and I do wish your team luck. But I hate it when assholes like assmouth here decide to ruin it all.

Besides, knowing our best player is the goalie, there's going to be a lot of foiled chances.

Sorry for the shit, good luck and godspeed. You will need it.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:25:15

england team news: Robert green, glen johnson john terry ledly king, ashley cole, aaron lennon steven gerrard, frank lampard, james milner, wayne rooney, emilie heskey

Iron man is a superhero

Iron woman is a command

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:27:10

At 6/12/10 01:15 PM, igott wrote: Okay, disregard the entirety of England. It's just this sectional asshole.

Joe cole, Milner, Ledley King, Lennon, Crouch, Terry all quality players i could do this all day, dont even think about comparing your shower of shit to us ive looked at your team and i can only name 3 who are decent in donovan, howard and dempsey ( and he'sdebateable)

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:30:17

At 6/12/10 01:27 PM, CharltonChinchilla wrote:
At 6/12/10 01:15 PM, igott wrote: Okay, disregard the entirety of England. It's just this sectional asshole.
Joe cole, Milner, Ledley King, Lennon, Crouch, Terry all quality players i could do this all day, dont even think about comparing your shower of shit to us ive looked at your team and i can only name 3 who are decent in donovan, howard and dempsey ( and he'sdebateable)

See, I wouldn't insult the other team. Sure, we got players that aren't very memorable, but goddamn I would have enough balls and maturity to not insult the rival team. Sure, you guys have a bigger chance at winning, but don't be a total cunt about it.

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:33:18

It is on now d00dz.

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:38:09

At 6/12/10 01:12 PM, Luis wrote: If USA wins can you guys/girl buy me a beer at london meet?

I'd rather buy you breakfast

At 6/12/10 01:15 PM, igott wrote:
Also, Gagsy.
It's not going to be total carnage, and it's not going to be completely obvious who won until the clock's out.
I mean you guys are a force to be reckoned with, and I do wish your team luck. But I hate it when assholes like assmouth here decide to ruin it all.

Yeah the guy above is a bit much. Like I said, on paper we do have better players, but we have this little annoying habit of not fulfilling our potentional, I don't see us starting now either.

Besides, knowing our best player is the goalie, there's going to be a lot of foiled chances.

And to be fair, the goalie is one of our WORSE areas, so it all evens out on that front.

Sorry for the shit, good luck and godspeed. You will need it.

Ahaha.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:46:15

At 6/12/10 01:39 PM, FBIpolux wrote: U.S.A. isn't going to win anything...

didnt you say the same thing about hossa?

None

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:47:15

At 6/9/10 10:46 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Hossa isn't winning a cup.

EVER

yes, you did.

None

BBS Signature

Response to 2010 Fifa World Cup Thread 2010-06-12 13:47:35

I'm not int ofootball at all, but still I will go for England winning. A country that doesn't even use the right word for the game can't win it.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature