00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thedemonsareus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pepakura Viewer Splicer Mask help

6,770 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Pepakura Viewer Splicer Mask help 2010-06-05 00:36:00

Hey so I downloaded the program that veiws these special types of files that let you print out peices of a paper art and also shows you in real time the 3D image of all the peices put together.

I downloaded a splicer mask file type for this program and I cut out all the pieces but I realized I cut out two sets, meaning I could make two masks with these two sets.

In the program (image below) one 3D image shows the mask with the white/blood layer on the outside, and grey in the inner concave layer. But there is a second mask behind it and the opposite color scheme applies to that mask. Am I supposed to make two masks and put them together or some thing? I am guessing it is to make the white/blood effect on both sides, and also for stability.

I am sure it will help stability in the long run anyways but I am going to layer it with paper meshe and then paint and add blood effects myself to make more a sturdy, wearable mask, so the printed effects won't be shown in the end.

I just want to make sure that the program is implying that I am supposed to put the two layers together. If it means some thing else can some one elaborate for me?

BBS Signature

Response to Pepakura Viewer Splicer Mask help 2010-06-05 00:45:19

is this a mask for your face?
if so then I say yeah one is a front and the other is a back,

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Pepakura Viewer Splicer Mask help 2010-06-05 00:49:12

At 6/5/10 12:45 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: is this a mask for your face?
if so then I say yeah one is a front and the other is a back,

Yeah mask for face. Actually I just went back to the site I got the file off of and in the photo both sides had the white/blood effects so yes they go together. They didn't paper meshe it though (those fools)

Btw there are some pretty sick photos of masks people made the way I am doing it:
http://crossdressingkuja.deviantart.com/
art/Bioshock-bird-splicer-mask-92663185?
q=boost%3Apopular+in%3Aartisan+bioshock&
qo=4

The bird mask would be really good for a slipknot member XD. I know it's a little soon to be thinking about it but maybe for next bassist he could use that?

BBS Signature

Response to Pepakura Viewer Splicer Mask help 2010-06-05 20:18:06

Whew 10 hours and I'm only done with step 1:

Now for the paper mache. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Pepakura Viewer Splicer Mask help 2010-06-05 20:39:09

Donnie Darko much?

BBS Signature