Manage your team of adventurers as you raid the local dungeon for treasure!4.48 / 5.00 19,114 Views
Defend your castle against countless hordes of monsters.3.82 / 5.00 10,779 Views
Turn on all tiles!3.68 / 5.00 2,689 Views
ONLY POST FINISHED ART-WORK IN THIS THREAD,
Feel free to discuss submissions and posts WIPs in this Art Contest's Talk Thread.
Try and keep your submission as mechanical and Robot oriented as possible. Don't post a picture of two normal looking dudes having a beer and say they are cyborgs. Try and make a compelling story with your submission.
If you are making art for a flash submission, say you designed the characters and did the backgrounds, you can always post a compelling image here using those assets to double your chances of wining
And yes the Portal Bots are allowed.
1. All posted entries must be finished. Sketches and works-in-progress should only be posted in the talk thread.
2. All art must be original and drawn by you specifically for this contest. No photoshops, collages, sprites or other artists' line work are permitted.
3. Spend some time and effort on your piece, since you may be judged on it. Scribbles and sloppy work may be deleted by a moderator.
4. Use a decent program, or a medium you're comfortable with using. MSPaint drawings generally look like crap.
5. Multiple entries are welcome, however each contestant may only win one prize.
6. ALL ART FORUM RULES APPLY! eg. don't abuse canvas sizes, and adult content must be highly artistic or exceptionally funny.
7. make sure to upload it to the art portal and tag it with ROBOTDAY2010. It doesn't matter if your scouted or not, just make sure you link to it when you post your image here.
Entries must be posted in this thread by 11:59 pm EST on July 10th,
1st Place: $250 in store credit OR cash
2nd Place: $40 in store credit OR cash
3rd Place: $30 in store credit OR cash
Entries may be judged by the admins on Robot day, or by the art mods.
Be creative, be original, and be stylish!
yes I stole this outline from turkyonastick, sue me.
I thought I would go for the classic robot, with all the buttons and junk on it. This is actually the first contest I've ever entered... this IS where I post this right?
Here is my entry, made with pastels and pencil. I probably won't win with this, but it was fun to play with pastels. It's titled "Dark City Robot".
Hai Guys! say hello to my soundbot
here's my entry for robot day! i know it isn't for a bit yet but i just couldn't wait to get some robot action drawn. so i present AMAZING TIMES IN ROBOT HISTORY!
so here we can see the hard up cave-bots battling the horrible mecha-mammoth. using plasma spears and laser clubs some cave-bots were lucky enough to bring down the beast and bring his spare parts back to the cave to build more cave bots and repair the elderly. in the foreground you can also see a scribe-bot carefully documenting the battle so that future cave-bot generations know how better to handle the dreaded mecha-mammoth.
such a blast to do and there's some really great entries so far! happy robot day everybody.
and i was a dummy and went ahead and made mine a really wide shot so if you want a much better look at the image check out the link at the beginning for full size :D
Here's my entry for Robot Day. Excuse the rainbow penis, it was a necessary artistic decision.
I was watching an Eddie Izzard stand up while drawing this...
My Entry: Marvel's Iron Man... There's no robot day without him :D
Watch it here --> http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/j-eno m/iron-man
here is my contribution to robot day