00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Musical talents?

558 Views | 4 Replies

Musical talents? 2010-04-19 20:45:03

Is there anybody on NG that has a musical talent? Can you learn/play a song by ear? Any songs that you know by heart and can play on an instrument or sing?

I for one, know how to play I'm Blue, MGS Theme, Dream On, Stairway to Heaven, Tetris theme, the 28 weeks later themesong all on the piano with no notes.

Anybody?

BBS Signature

Response to Musical talents? 2010-04-19 20:51:43

I feel like this thread would be better put to use in a club in the Clubs and Crews forum, where I'm sure there are guitarist and musician groups. You'd probably have more luck there.

Response to Musical talents? 2010-04-19 21:18:03

I've learned a few songs by ear alone, although more often than not I only get the rudimentary stuff and then double check with tabs. So far I've learned Gold Lion and Maps by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, No one loves me and neither do I by Them Crooked Vultures and a few White Stripes and Nirvana songs, but nothing that's very difficult.

Response to Musical talents? 2010-04-19 21:24:37

I learned the black page by ear, on fucking theremin.

Response to Musical talents? 2010-04-19 21:35:53

I know plenty of songs on guitar and have a bunch of tunes written. I just have to EQ them properly before putting them up on this site, so that's why my discography looks sparse.

Other than that, I'm not going to tell you all the songs I can play... but Himsa's "Big Timber" is probably the hardest song I can play on guitar w/o probs. Other than that, it's taking me a long time trying to get Black Dahlia Murder's discography up to speed. I've got all the notes memorized, just have to keep at it with speed training.

BBS Signature