00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Heln966 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Philadelphia Real World

12,744 Views | 94 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 10:47:16

Philadelphia has to be one of the most disappointing cities in the country, if not THE MOST... and I say that as someone who has always loved Philly. Whenever there is something big and cool coming to town, it always seems to fall through. Here's the latest:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/8205148.htm
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/8203320.htm

Yup, the Real World has pulled out from Philly at the last minute. People spent years trying to bring them here, and now they are gone. Our stupid mayor doesn't even care, of course. Just like when Disneyquest pulled out last minute and left a one block hole in center city. We just can't get a break!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 10:49:09

Yea we live in a pathetic city Tom, i remember a few years ago we were the #1 fattest city in the country ::bows head down in shame:: :(

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 10:49:53

Well, what can you expect not everything can happen perfectly, but give it time and I am sure that things will change for the good of the city.

BBS Signature

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 10:51:28

So have they revealed where the next Real World will be?

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 10:53:06

Have you considered a Monorail?

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 10:53:53

At 3/17/04 10:49 AM, Toocool100 wrote: Yea we live in a pathetic city Tom, i remember a few years ago we were the #1 fattest city in the country ::bows head down in shame:: :(

It cant be that pathetic..!? right..?

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 11:01:12

At 3/17/04 10:47 AM, TomFulp wrote: Philadelphia has to be one of the most disappointing cities in the country, if not THE MOST... and I say that as someone who has always loved Philly.

Poor Tom.

Well, at least you dont live in one of the most pathetic towns in the country. Northrop, MN. Population: 150 >_< fuckin sucks ass

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 11:02:00

At 3/17/04 10:49 AM, Toocool100 wrote: i remember a few years ago we were the #1 fattest city in the country ::bows head down in shame:: :(

Wasn't that last year?

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 11:03:38

Oh well we might not have the Real World but we do have Owens and Kerse!

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 11:04:27

At 3/17/04 11:02 AM, HulkWearsPants wrote:
At 3/17/04 10:49 AM, Toocool100 wrote: i remember a few years ago we were the #1 fattest city in the country ::bows head down in shame:: :(
Wasn't that last year?

I think it was actully two years ago, but not like it matters anyway. In my eyes we are still the fattest, god damn.

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 11:04:41

Are we talking about the show "the real world"? Because if we are, on MTV europe they are in France

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 11:06:53

Cleveland aint too good either. The mayor is horrible (cuts funding for everything and THEN raises taxes) then suddenly "finds" money. strange, after cutting funding for almost everything, then we suddenly have money after people lose jobs...(the bitch probably pocketed the money)

ok ill STFU now. It must suck to live in Philly.

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 11:16:24

Uhh, Iowa is just as boring. and the real world ain't in paris no more that was last season there in san diego now. I watch that show everytime its on.Im wondering where they will be next season cause i think there is only a couple episodes left like 3-4

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 11:16:55

That sucks. Perhaps if you offered to host those cast members in the NG HQ they'd reconsider. :)

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 11:54:04

At 3/17/04 10:47 AM, TomFulp wrote: Yup, the Real World has pulled out from Philly at the last minute.

Is that truly a bad thing? The Real World is one of the most moronic and irritating "reality" shows airing today. A handful of twenty-somethings not only "stop being nice" but also cease to be real. No one at that age can afford the luxury apartments these kids are allotted. They don't pay for a damn thing while they're on the show. It can likened to winning the lottery, one is given something they often don't deserve (and get to act like an ass on national television for however many weeks).

Now, I understand that "Real World: Philadephia" might boost the city's popularity, but is it worth it? You'd have a bunch of vapid, anorexic ditzes represent what it means to have a good time in Philly, all while fighting, bitching, and sleeping with each other like some televised violent orgy of idiocy.

I loathed "Real Worl: Miami". It gave the city a bad reputation and notched the caliber of its citizens down just a bit (yes, we're all crackwhores here in South Florida). Despite whatever tourism boost it might have spawned, I still regret that MTV was able to bastardize Miami.

If you've read this far through my diatribe, I'm certainly appreciative of your listening ability (or you've just too much time on your hands). I've said it once, I'll say it again, MTV is a fallen multimedia kingdom which needs to be overthrown. I miss the MTV of old, the days of Liquid Television and the animated series that aired during it. Then there's the "there was that time they played /music/" argument.

Anyway, I've said my piece. Gotta run downstairs and tape "I Want A Celebrity Face". Can't miss a moment of that quality "Music" Television programming, nope.

*gets a towel for the dripping sarcasm*
-- Scaper-X

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 12:08:51

that sucks tom sorry to hear about real world not coming to Philly your mayor sounds like an asshole

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 12:10:43

Oh, that sucks Tom.

But not everything in life is perfect, our hopes are getting shot away...It happens to all of us.

"It's sad. All these kids have to do school at home. Homeschooling. How long until a teacher fucks one of her students?" - Mark Normand

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 12:13:31

sorry to hear that Tom

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 12:26:30

Seriously why would you care? That show sucks so much ass, basically the same thing over and over and over and over again in a different place with different jackasses. .
The "real" world sucks.

No more fucking moving .gifs? WHAT THE HELL. FUCK YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 12:57:21

As long as unions run the city it won't get any better. MTV doesn't have to be intimidated by unions, they can go shoot their show somewhere else. They don't need to deal with union shit heads. If Philadelphia really wants to improve their image they would have came down on the unions and forced them to back off. Now the unions have scared something good out of the city, which means there will be less good for them. Who knows how much more work the unions could have gotten as a result of The Real World filming there.

I'm not found of unions like that. People should be able to hire whoever they want, not be forced to hire someone. It's bull shit. Unions are organized mobs and there should be harsh penalties for those who try to intimidate and force companies to hire them.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 13:07:31

Tom don't be upset that MTV isn't coming to philly. MTV is gay and should be destroyed why would you want them to come to philly ?

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 13:21:57

At 3/17/04 10:47 AM, TomFulp wrote:

Our stupid mayor doesn't even care, of course.

Yea, John Street...more like John Feet!

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 13:37:54

leave it to philly...

that's why i love the city, though. we can screw anything up and be damn proud of it. hell, i'm proud of it. go philly!

and we may have kerse and owens, but we lost emmons, duce, and vincent. gotta sign bobby taylor soon, before he bounces.

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 13:44:13

At 3/17/04 12:57 PM, WadeFulp wrote: How the unions are bullshit

It's all so true.

Like they say... "Union workers" is an oxymoron.

BBS Signature

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 14:10:34

this is the real story of 6 stalkers, picked to live in a house...

Philadelphia Real World

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 14:14:50

At 3/17/04 02:10 PM, Morextremist wrote: this is the real story of 6 stalkers, picked to live in a house...

and have their lives taped...

Philadelphia Real World

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 14:40:16

Tom,
What do you expect from Philly. We are not only near New Jersey, we also have shitty sports teams, a crappy mayor, greedy unions, shitty schools and other problems. So just get used to it.

(Maybe we should elect Tom for Mayor, or maybe Wade....)

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 15:08:30

Just think Tom,we might have him again for the Mayor....I hate John Street,they should've let Randell win again...But noo all the people thought A black mayor would do better...They got it shoved up their ass cause everyone hates him.

BBS Signature

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 15:12:46

TOM FULP FOR MAYOR !

Response to Philadelphia Real World 2004-03-17 15:15:21

Hey Fulps! At least ur Philly sports teams are good (xcept for Iverson + the 76rs). I live in Washington DC, all i get is depressing news each day about how a terrorist is going to bomb me :( !!