00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fl Studio? Can I Fade A Pattern In?

13,768 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey, I was wondering if it is possible to fade patterns not out, but in; in FL Studio 9. If so, how would one go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help^_^

Response to Fl Studio? Can I Fade A Pattern In? 2010-04-04 21:38:30

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Fl Studio? Can I Fade A Pattern In? 2010-04-04 21:51:23

aaanyway

yeah look up how to create automations, thats how you'll do it

there are tons of different ways to do a fade in, so yeah, you'll have to do some reading to find out exactly what you want to do

Response to Fl Studio? Can I Fade A Pattern In? 2010-04-04 23:52:03

At 4/4/10 09:03 PM, DJPsyTracked wrote: Hey, I was wondering if it is possible to fade patterns not out, but in; in FL Studio 9. If so, how would one go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help^_^

ok here you go man!

you need...
Automations to an effect
and
An Effect added to your desired Instrument that makes a pattern.

There are many ways you can "fade out" a pattern in FL studios
A simple and more generic obvious way of doing this is to lower the volume gradually of the selected pattern.

to do this,
you need to goto the "Master Mixer" and assign the selected instrument you want to fade out.
Once you've done this, you need to right click the volume button and select, "Create Automation clip"

From there, the can move the automation to were you can fade in or out the following instrument you've assigned in the Master Mixer. SOOOO
When this instrument plays a pattern, the time line marker will follow along the song and Automation clip to were it will fade in or fade out to your desire.

---

Now to get creative

The way I would fade out an instrument playing a pattern is that I would use a Filter effect.
First, it starts the same as the first generic way....
"to do this,
you need to goto the "Master Mixer" and assign the selected instrument you want to fade out."
THEN! this is were it changes
When an instrument is assigned to the master mixer, it can be able to add effects to it from there.
Click on the instrument you've assigned in the master mixer.
You will see that there is no effects add in the side.
Click the drop thingy at the top of the empty effects boxes, then, add Fruity Filter.
once you've added this,
Click the effect you've added
Then, the effect window will come up
From here, you can make some more automations
and then, you can fade in or out the effects nobs and stuff to make a cool sounding effect all in all.
Just expirement, thats how I learned FL Studios

Just remember one thing, Right click things, you can make even more Automations from anything you can see
ANYTHING that have something to do with the song.

---

Hope this helped
And I know there are a lot of type-o's here
I type to fast to realized what I typed makes sense lol

~Joseph F.
dj-jo

PS, pm me for more help if you still don't understand lol
I'll include pictures :D

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to Fl Studio? Can I Fade A Pattern In? 2010-04-05 00:29:18

THANKS DJ JO!

really helped! i was playing around a lil earlier and was working on the velocity of the notes. i made the velocity higher for each one for one pattern block thing and it sounded pretty good its just going to take a lot tweaking. I'm calling it a night but i'll be sure to PM you with questions as i work along with this song. sidechaing=SUCKS in terms of time it eats up to get right. anyway dont wanna change the post topic my question is answered, but i'll def take you up on the offer for help via PM. Thanks so much!:D

Ps i listen to alot of your music its pretty cool you replied to this XD