00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Waimor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10

17,266 Views | 198 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-23 19:10:52

but yea im not even reading ur essays any more....its getting boring

how about we setlle this like men

Beat battle.

let HHM be the judges

looser Retires from NG

DJ Delinquent. Musically Performing Armed Robbery

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-23 19:18:40

At 4/23/10 07:10 PM, DJ-Delinquent wrote: but yea im not even reading ur essays any more....its getting boring

how about we setlle this like men

Beat battle.

let HHM be the judges

looser Retires from NG

lol you do realize there would need to be judges...I know how you roll with people that ride your dick so, I can't trust who votes for you.

I would love you crush your little ass...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-23 19:29:08

any one care to judge?

I hate BBS

i keep thinking its a PM box...

ima Destroy u S-Crotch >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-23 19:37:19

At 4/23/10 07:29 PM, DJ-Delinquent wrote: any one care to judge?

I hate BBS

i keep thinking its a PM box...

ima Destroy u S-Crotch >:(

k. I like some of your work...but all I will say is you started this mess. I hope you know what you're doing.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-23 21:04:07

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 25540 Okay I'm ready... Whats yours sound like?

Btw I don't need anything special lol.

all in all I believe this will be fun...But you're still gay DJ lol...Not unless you actually make something that's NOT sampled and it sounds good...Not like that mainstream garbage you hear playing on the radio...But then again that's my Opinion

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-23 23:29:27

At 4/23/10 09:04 PM, S-Rock wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 25540 Okay I'm ready... Whats yours sound like?

Btw I don't need anything special lol.

all in all I believe this will be fun...But you're still gay DJ lol...Not unless you actually make something that's NOT sampled and it sounds good...Not like that mainstream garbage you hear playing on the radio...But then again that's my Opinion

Actually I lied lol, I'm gonna use this one...It's less Cool in my opinion. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 27690

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 02:26:43

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 02:32:43

This is ridiculously stupid, I just want contest results.

Take this pointless beef somewhere else, please.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 02:49:42

At 4/24/10 02:26 AM, JackRocker wrote: Think I'll just leave this here...

lmao he went to the wiki!!!

I guess I'm "psychedelic hip-hop punk rock" lol

And nah it's already over man, there is no beef.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 02:53:01

At 4/24/10 02:49 AM, S-Rock wrote:
At 4/24/10 02:26 AM, JackRocker wrote: Think I'll just leave this here...
lmao he went to the wiki!!!

I guess I'm "psychedelic hip-hop punk rock" lol

And nah it's already over man, there is no beef.

well, i wasn't trying to contribute to any beef, i love DJ-D's music, but one fact is, if it can be rapped to, it could be considered a rap beat. even if it is a mostly rock-based song. still, i'm glad it's all straightened out with you and DJ-D, you guys are 2 of my favorite NG producers.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 02:54:21

and sorry for the double post, but i think your stuff is more along the lines of "rap rock" rather than "psychedelic hip-hop punk rock"

not that it matters, i like your rap beats and rock music both really well.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 16:37:27

I'd really love to show you what REAL rap rock is. I've made some. Get on skype and I'll prove to you that none of the bullshit rap rock you've been posting is proper hiphop.

Basically I'll explain it like this by trying to be as least rude as possible:

You make a rock tune and then take hiphop percussion and percussive patterns. Cool, it's now technically a hiphop track to you but it doesn't have the vibe or flow of a real hiphop track. It's still going to be rock to the rest of the world. Why? Because rock borrows the same kind of percussion patterns as hiphop and so you're still making rock in that case.

Jay-Z's DOA %u2260 a rock song. Those are samples. As I said, there's a difference between the styles for a reason. I can show you a bunch of different styles of hiphop, but just because it uses a guitar doesn't make the examples you're making mean that these songs are rock. They're full on rap tracks and you can hear it.

Lil Wayne and Eminem were on the track Drop The World. The hook uses orchestral and rock drums. It's still hiphop. Why? Because the flow and vibe to that track are phenomenal! You can't argue that you can hear any rapper on that beat!

We're saying that you, S Rock, claim you're making hiphop when these are Rock tunes, with hiphop drums and a rock flow. They're not rapable. I respect your work. Both Delinquent and I respect you as a musician. As a hiphop artist, I think you're pretty fake and think you shouldn't be posting rock tunes and calling them "modern" hiphop. Saying you've put a twist on modern hiphop. No. You didn't.

Timbaland produces different styles, yes. He's done stuff from House to Pop to HipHop. However, you don't see him wrongly classifying his songs and then trying to bullshit everyone into believing that it is that style of music, that he's recreating the style and even throwing a "twist" on it. Get real man...

You have some modern tracks that are cool. Those are fine. Just stop posting rock and calling it hiphop. Stop getting all pissy when we're right.

GREAT CONTEST TINGTONGER!! :D

/rant

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 16:39:05

At 4/24/10 04:37 PM, IKONiC wrote: Jay-Z's DOA %u2260 a rock song.

**Jay-Z's DOA = not a rock song.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 18:30:50

At 4/24/10 04:37 PM, IKONiC wrote:

:They're not rapable.

I could rap to them.

Judges!! Get your votes in!!
Anyone who is friends with a judge go right ahead and bug them to come in here and vote.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 18:42:54

At 4/24/10 04:39 PM, IKONiC wrote:
At 4/24/10 04:37 PM, IKONiC wrote: Jay-Z's DOA %u2260 a rock song.
**Jay-Z's DOA = not a rock song.

Thanks IKONiC, your explanation on this whole "rock/rap" issue helped clarify this discussion a bit for me. You got knowlegde!

I gotta give a huge fail to JackRocker on the wikipedia link. Dude, seriously, wikipedia is your evidence, thats weak. Hahah

With all this discussion I've had to re-evaluate my judging on the Copyright Free event. My decision was not forced by any other person.

Final Judgment on Copy Free

1. Gunner-D

2. Cajete

3. [S_Rock] Organ Donor

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 19:25:01

The fuck?! Is everybody an expert here. Everybody's talking about is this hip hop or is that hip hop. OR does rock rap count as hip hop, blah blah Blah. Honestly, who gives a shit. If somebody wants to self-identify as hip hop then I'll consider them my brother in hip hop. All of this "that isn't true hip hop" shit distracts from what hip hop is.

~Mike~

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 19:43:39

At 4/24/10 06:42 PM, MickeyMao wrote:
I gotta give a huge fail to JackRocker on the wikipedia link. Dude, seriously, wikipedia is your evidence, thats weak. Hahah

you were sticking up for S Rock. i was too. we were taking the same side, i don't know why you're trying to make me your enemy.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 20:05:57

There is no question to the "rappability" of S-Rock's contest be. I had just mix his track with several hiphop acapellas and they actually enhanced the lyrics with the raw power of the instrumental.

I have a file S-Rock's 'Organ Donor' mixed with Wyclef Jean featuring Xzibit "Perfect Gentlemen Remix" acapella and it is fire.

"Rappability" is not necessarily a good indicator of if a track is hiphop enough. Some house music has "rap", that doesn't make it hiphop. Yet some of hiphop's greatest tracks have no MCs at all, example : listen to the "Return of the DJ" series.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 20:22:03

the only question i have left is for Tingtonger himself: are S_Rock's songs going to be included in these competitions in the future? obviously they have been in this one, because you said you were going to use one for the MC Knockout. and really, i like to see some originality. i've browsed NG's hip hop portal quite a few times, and i hear a lot of generic sounding stuff. i like to see someone put their own spin on things for a change. it may not necessarily be hip hop, but if it's rapable, can we still include it in this competition?

personally, i'm in favor of it, because i'm a huge fan of S_Rock's music.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 20:38:01

I did include one in the MC Knock Out. Regardless, it's not my job to tell the judges what to think. Judges, you should not be trying to influence the opinions of other judges.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 21:41:42

Well I'd just like to say I'm a fan of Music and the raw emotion set behind it. Whether I can or cannot make a Hip Hop Track, I can say honestly that every single track that I've placed in the Hip Hop Genre is Rap worthy. There are so many styles of Hip Hop in today's world, you can't really generalize the music as one whole genre. My Hip Hop music is Hip Hop music to my ears and to many who have taken the time to listen to my work. I give respect where it's due and I hope ignorance doesn't block your personal view on music.
Sometimes the voice is the best instrument to add to a beat that you'd not consider Hip Hop. Then Creating an actual hip hop vibe making it, Hip Hop, or rap.

Either way I'll continue to show my music to the public as I see it put.."Rap/Hip Hop/Club/Techno/Rock"

I see it this way; All the inspirations I've had over the years listening to music has been put into a mixing bowl and stirred insanely enough to where my music is squeezed out.

A perfect Circle
Eminem
Korn
Biggy
Eazy e
50 Cent
Seether
X-Raided
Crystal Method
Incubus
Ludacris
Lil Jon-----his bass won me over
Linkin park
Tupac
Fabulous
Chevelle
System of a Down
Tool
Pharrell
Staind
Rage Against the Machine
Three days Grace
Timbaland
Wyclef
Jay-Z
Blink 182
TI
Dr. Dre
Sum 41
Jermaine Dupri
Kanye West
Busta Rhymes
Easy E

Mix those up in one big bowl and add my secret spice and here I am with my music I love to share with you guys.

For anyone who can say they like my music and call themselves my fan, you have my deepest "Thank you".

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-24 22:53:51

At 4/24/10 09:41 PM, S-Rock wrote: A buncha stuff

well put. i really don't know much about hip hop. outside of NG, i don't really care for it. whether it's hip hop or not, you can rap to your stuff, and that's what matters to me. whether anyone else agrees with me or not, that doesn't matter. my opinion isn't changing for anyone.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-25 00:27:02

At 4/24/10 08:05 PM, Gunner-D wrote: "Rappability" is not necessarily a good indicator of if a track is hiphop enough. Some house music has "rap", that doesn't make it hiphop. Yet some of hiphop's greatest tracks have no MCs at all, example : listen to the "Return of the DJ" series.

This is HipHouse you're referring to. I've made some and it's awesome. It's a house tune with rap vocals. It's still NOT hiphop which is the point we're making! A rock song with rapping on it doesn't make it a rap track or hiphop!

Also, just because it's an instrumental doesn't make it bad. You say some of the greatest hiphop tracks have no MCs, that really means nothing. 90% of the tracks on NG are instrumentals... We're frontin' because of the rock music guys... Cool, your music is original. It's not hiphop.

Discussion over.
/thread

Judged, please vote now before the thread gets locked.

IB4L

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-25 00:59:45

This is True Hip hop right here

the essence

the beuty

the fear

the Violence!

this is Hip hop... Fuck yall

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-25 09:46:26

From the famous Bronx River housing, the home of hiphop...

"A lot of the punk rockers started coming up, hanging out with Black and Latinos, when everyone thought it was going to be some sort of racial violence... But as Uncle George Clinton said 'One Nation Under Groove'"

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-25 11:05:48

At 4/25/10 12:59 AM, DJ-Delinquent wrote: This is True Hip hop right here

the essence

the beuty

the fear

the Violence!

this is Hip hop... Fuck yall

that was fucking beautiful.

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-25 16:37:05

*yawn*

Internet Beef.. been there done that.. BORING!

IMA KONQUER THE WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-25 17:35:47

At 4/25/10 04:37 PM, CKC2009 wrote: *yawn*

Bend over, we gonna show you REAL hiphop mofuckaaaaa

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-25 18:27:25

At 4/25/10 04:37 PM, CKC2009 wrote: *yawn*

its not internet beef

its music beef

besides what would YOU know about beefing Mr. White meat Gourmet English Chicken!?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Hip Hop Competition '10 2010-04-26 12:38:35

ironic ikonik - yes.. mr.commercial beat maker.. u go and make ur "real hip hop"

delinque-cock - u know how it is..dont forget the tea, and crumpets.. XD

hip hop is about a message personally.. notabout the violence but w.e

IMA KONQUER THE WORLD

BBS Signature