00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up

8,853 Views | 83 Replies

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-05-31 21:26:10

I still plan on showing up, ill probably stay downtown somewhere. It was easy to get in and out last year, which was a plus.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-05-31 22:41:09

At 5/31/10 03:31 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
I was actually thinking of hosting it in Savannah next year. Try something a little different. How many more years do you have there for school?

one more year!

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-05-31 22:47:12

One in Savannah would be awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-01 11:04:34

I just got a PM from someone who seemed to be confused about the schedule. Everyone does realize that the 26th is the last Saturday of June correct? I am hoping that everyone is aware of this and doesn't think that the 26th is a Friday. Please post concerns and anger about calendars here:

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-02 18:55:35

Looking for something to do Saturday before the fin at lil' five? Well here you go.

June 26th

Starting at 2 PM

Grilling out in Grant Park
Map / MARTA Info

From my research I see that there are many places to hang out and grill in this lovely park. So why don't we all get together and do that? How much food is brought depends on how many people RSVP for this event. Ill grab some sodas, hot dogs and some other stuff for the grill, but everyone is free and encouraged to bring stuff. Let me know if you are coming! We can work out who can bring what closer to the date.

No alcohol or glass containers allowed in ANY Atlanta park. Just a heads up.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-02 18:58:21

At 5/31/10 11:55 AM, ChocEliteBar wrote: I know I'm a maybe on this, but due to an unexpected problem, I might not be going. It's a shame, I know.

DISREGARD THIS, I SUCK COCKS.

Put me down as most likely.

gorp

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-03 09:51:32

At 6/2/10 06:58 PM, ChocEliteBar wrote:

Good to know.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-03 19:45:28

Hey, I thought you said the park day was the 27th. Am I wrong?

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-04 08:29:23

At 6/3/10 09:51 AM, ForNoReason wrote:
At 6/2/10 06:58 PM, ChocEliteBar wrote:

Good to know.

Grant park on the 26th. We will cook out and just chill. Centennial Olympic park on the 27th. We will hang out and check out the local area and stuff.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-04 12:42:19

At 6/4/10 08:29 AM, ForNoReason wrote: Grant park on the 26th. We will cook out and just chill.

Then let's put me down for the 26th, that sounds fun!

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-08 12:10:39

I updated the schedule to include some info on June 25th. Post some ideas if anyone wants to get together that evening.

http://fornoreason.newgrounds.com/news/p ost/435319

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-08 15:00:53

moved ForNoReason's info to a hub page which you can find here

I'll probably show up Fri-Sun, but flying back on sunday so i may be around for a brief moment, and will be around for Saturday's stuff mostly.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-08 19:30:10

At 6/8/10 03:00 PM, Luis wrote: moved ForNoReason's info to a hub page which you can find here

Thank you, sir.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-09 11:25:26

At 3/23/10 11:21 AM, Luis wrote: Put me down as a likely and Tom as a maybe

I don't recall you two living in Georgia.
What is this...I don't eve-
I'm so confused.

"A great artist is just a crappy artist who was too stubborn to give up."

Art Dump / Artwork / Updates & News

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-11 10:51:46

At 6/9/10 11:25 AM, iCleon wrote:
At 3/23/10 11:21 AM, Luis wrote: Put me down as a likely and Tom as a maybe
I don't recall you two living in Georgia.
What is this...I don't eve-
I'm so confused.

They live in PA... I am sure they are going to fly down to GA. Because walking sucks....
but I am sure you were being sarcastic :(

OMG only 15 days left

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-14 20:30:32

Next week.... just a heads up.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-16 13:41:34

At 6/14/10 08:30 PM, ForNoReason wrote: Next week.... just a heads up.

Looks like I won't be able to make it after all :'( ...so, have fun for me!!!

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-16 15:12:15

I'm leaving Georgia a few days before this, damn.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-16 15:48:56

At 6/16/10 01:41 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
At 6/14/10 08:30 PM, ForNoReason wrote: Next week.... just a heads up.
Looks like I won't be able to make it after all :'( ...so, have fun for me!!!

Hopefully next year :(

Anyway... here is an updated list of people coming. Still plenty of time to get on board and come!

Luis
Jonas
Stupor
dante224
Shinobilunchbox
Outlaw88- Can do stuff on Friday and Monday.
nathanielmilburn -will know closer to date
brycemilburn -will know closer to date
sucho

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-17 23:35:48

I'm pretty stoked about the idea of some NG'ers coming to hang out in Little Five Points. Would love to meet and drink with you all, as that's practically my neighborhood!

The Porter is a great place, right in the heart of Little Five, great beers and unique food - it's what they're calling a "gastropub" these days.

Two steps away from that is The Yacht Club, a smoky dive bar that gets really crowded, but still a great place to go - it's a local favorite.

The BrewHouse is across the street, more of the trendy place to go I guess, but they've got a drink called the PainKiller which is pretty strong. Not sure what kind of drinkers this crew is.

I've got to check my schedule, so I'm tentative, but damn, if I'm free and can't make it to this meet-up, I'm worthless. But I'm going to make a serious effort. :)

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-18 17:15:31

At 6/17/10 11:35 PM, KyleRoberts wrote:
I've got to check my schedule, so I'm tentative, but damn, if I'm free and can't make it to this meet-up, I'm worthless. But I'm going to make a serious effort. :)

that would be great if you can make it! It would be nice to have someone else who knows the area. Makes coming up with ideas easier lol.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-22 10:13:55

OMG IT IS THIS WEEKEND!

not all caps
relevant bump

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-22 16:16:55

haha aww, If my car wasn't dead I coulda swung by, i'm only 2 hours away.

Bringing the violence back to NG, one flash at a time..

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-22 20:17:08

If you see any homeless people downtown, can you ask them about Preacher Man?

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-23 04:50:20

Oh boy.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-23 14:09:57

I actually live in Little Five Points. It is a nice hipster/college/punk rocker/rich hippy area surrounded by beautiful Victorian neighborhoods and is one of the safest places in ATL despite what many out-of-towner xenophobes think. I will be out drinking, etc. on Saturday, so I might meet up with you guys even though I'm not a big poster around here (how are you guys meeting up?). If you're hitting up bars, I recommend:

Manuel's Tavern. Corner of North Highland and North Ave. Excellent food, decent beer selection, always plenty of seating. I usually go there at least twice a week.

The Porter. Euclid in the strip. Hundreds of beers, lots of quality imports and domestic microbrews, horrible food (except the fries), seating can be scarce on weekend evenings but the amazing beer selection is worth scoping this place out.

The Yacht Club. Euclid in the strip, close to the corner of Euclid and Colquitt. Small beer selection with a few good brews, decent food, service slow as molasses (no problem if you're like me), excellent atmosphere if you can find seating.

Righteous Room. Ponce de Leon Ave, close to the corner of Ponce and North Highland (walking distance from Little Five). Decent beer selection, pretty good food, cool atmosphere if you can find seating.

There are lots of other great places in L5P but, as a beer snob, if I had to recommend a single bar, it would definitely be The Porter.

In my opinion, there isn't much worth seeing in downtown ATL; it's mostly touristy. Most people either hang out in Buckhead (clubs and joints for rich people) or in Virginia Highlands (on the other side of Ponce from Little Five Points down North Highland Ave, about half a mile down the road with even more bars and restaurants), or in L5P.

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-23 17:51:34

So... this is for anyone, right? Even noobs like myself? =P
I live REALLY damn close to Atlanta and thought it would be cool to go to something like this. I need a break from work and nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-23 22:05:37

I agree with cseidl1 completely. While Atlanta IS a nice city, the downtown stuff is a little touristy after a while, and you find yourself not hanging out there very often. However, if you're coming in from out of town, maybe you'll enjoy it just fine! However, if you're an out of towner looking more to hang out with the NG crew and also save a little cash, I think grilling out in Grant Park is a good idea for one of those weekend days and doing the Little Five Points thing Saturday night is a great option. I also thought cseidl1's suggestion about the Righteous Room was good, although that place gets crowded quickly, as it's a narrow little hangout.

I found out my good friend's birthday is on this same weekend, so I'm a little bummed...but if you guys are going to be in Little Five for sure, I will rock the NG Tank shirt, swing by later and see who else I can find down there!

At 6/23/10 02:09 PM, cseidl1 wrote: I actually live in Little Five Points. It is a nice hipster/college/punk rocker/rich hippy area surrounded by beautiful Victorian neighborhoods and is one of the safest places in ATL despite what many out-of-towner xenophobes think. I will be out drinking, etc. on Saturday, so I might meet up with you guys even though I'm not a big poster around here (how are you guys meeting up?). If you're hitting up bars, I recommend:

Manuel's Tavern. Corner of North Highland and North Ave. Excellent food, decent beer selection, always plenty of seating. I usually go there at least twice a week.

The Porter. Euclid in the strip. Hundreds of beers, lots of quality imports and domestic microbrews, horrible food (except the fries), seating can be scarce on weekend evenings but the amazing beer selection is worth scoping this place out.

The Yacht Club. Euclid in the strip, close to the corner of Euclid and Colquitt. Small beer selection with a few good brews, decent food, service slow as molasses (no problem if you're like me), excellent atmosphere if you can find seating.

Righteous Room. Ponce de Leon Ave, close to the corner of Ponce and North Highland (walking distance from Little Five). Decent beer selection, pretty good food, cool atmosphere if you can find seating.

There are lots of other great places in L5P but, as a beer snob, if I had to recommend a single bar, it would definitely be The Porter.

In my opinion, there isn't much worth seeing in downtown ATL; it's mostly touristy. Most people either hang out in Buckhead (clubs and joints for rich people) or in Virginia Highlands (on the other side of Ponce from Little Five Points down North Highland Ave, about half a mile down the road with even more bars and restaurants), or in L5P.

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-24 08:22:07

At 6/23/10 10:05 PM, KyleRoberts wrote: things

Yeah, Grant park is happening and so is the L5 bar hopping adventure. So hopefully we will see you there. I picked Centennial for Sunday just because it is big, easy and has things to do around it.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Atlanta, Ga 2010 Newgrounds Meet Up 2010-06-25 07:01:20

its not really a meetup day today but ill be in town today with a few people. I think we'll be doing touristy shit but if you happen to be in town and or are bored and want to catch up with us, drop me uno pm and ill give you my cell or something.

None

BBS Signature