00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

woh my god i made this!!

2,426 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 17:32:35

guys i worked on this and i want you to seee it cause its supa cool

if you like it heres the high quility png file if you see it please leave a reveiw

woh my god i made this!!

need programmers for game. pm me if your interested.

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 17:42:23

It's a nice drawing, castle crashers inspired right?

The proportions all seem A-ok and the tones real good too. The clothes are really well done, i.e they look like their made from fabric as apposed to a block of colour.

It'd be pretty cool if you could make a crowd of them like this. It'd be even cooler if you could dress them like French peasants and re-create the French revolution, but alas, life is too short.

But seriously, good work man :D

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 17:53:51

At 2/23/10 05:42 PM, WaterShake wrote: It's a nice drawing, castle crashers inspired right?

The proportions all seem A-ok and the tones real good too. The clothes are really well done, i.e they look like their made from fabric as apposed to a block of colour.

It'd be pretty cool if you could make a crowd of them like this. It'd be even cooler if you could dress them like French peasants and re-create the French revolution, but alas, life is too short.

wow thanks man i will make a castle crasher peice of art with all of them and ill post it on my page o rthe forum when its done so keep an eye out

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 17:59:37

main problem is the arm thats holding the sword would either be broken or severely twisted to get into that position eg, the hand on the right is actually a left, other than that lines could be cleaned up a bit, same could be said for the shading, fix these and youve got a good piece

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:00:21

At 2/23/10 05:32 PM, lgnxhll wrote: i want you to seee it cause its supa cool

Stop being humble first after you get awesome at drawing and spelling

Also, here's the most obvious flaws in your drawing.
till next time think about where the light comes from, the proportions of the body parts, and abit about where he puts his weight ...

woh my god i made this!!

BBS Signature

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:04:20

At 2/23/10 06:00 PM, Havegum wrote:
At 2/23/10 05:32 PM, lgnxhll wrote: i want you to seee it cause its supa cool
Stop being humble first after you get awesome at drawing and spelling

Also, here's the most obvious flaws in your drawing.
till next time think about where the light comes from, the proportions of the body parts, and abit about where he puts his weight ...

1.castle crashers are inproportional to begin with
2.the light is all around him but i dont want to spoil the suprise of what the wartorn backround will look like
3.im asking about art not spelling
4.the arm is in normal position

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:08:59

At 2/23/10 06:04 PM, lgnxhll wrote:

I think that the misunderstanding about the arm, though I may be wrong, is that the fingers are poorly defined, so it looks like the hand is backwards.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:09:58

At 2/23/10 06:04 PM, lgnxhll wrote: 1.castle crashers are inproportional to begin with

Yes they are, but the legs are proportionally correct, and only the head is oversized, also the proportions you drew does not match with the original CC in-game proportions (although I don't know if that's what you were aiming for)

2.the light is all around him but i dont want to spoil the suprise of what the wartorn backround will look like

You still can't make two or more light sources without making the shadows make sense.

Well, you look more unserious the more grammar errors you have, but I guess it's your choice ...

No it is not.
Fix it or live with it.

Also, swallow your pride and become more humble ... really ...

BBS Signature

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:12:17

Yes they are, but the legs are proportionally correct, and only the head is oversized, also the proportions you drew does not match with the original CC in-game proportions (although I don't know if that's what you were aiming for)

i was aiming for a little more human aproach

Also, swallow your pride and become more humble ... really ...

ok

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:12:23

At 2/23/10 06:04 PM, lgnxhll wrote: 1.castle crashers are inproportional to begin with

There is a fine line between stylized and ill-proportioned. The castle crashers follow basic anatomy, everything goes where it should just in a smaller size, yours has the bone structure of a giant who's crotch a couple inches too low

lazy excuse, there is ALWAYS a defined light source, and to get this kinda of indirect shading, you need spot lights all over him.

It doesn't mean you don't need to improve on it.

what BMK said.
This IS probably one of the best pieces I'v seen you do, however its still nothing to throw a parade about, especially if it isn't finished.

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:13:12

At 2/23/10 05:32 PM, lgnxhll wrote:
1.castle crashers are inproportional to begin with

I think what everyones trying to say is the arm looks sort of back to front.

We can see the back of his sword hand, when unless his wrist is like an x-files wrist, we should be seeing the palm of his hand griping the sword.

It shouldn't be too hard to fix :)

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:13:58

At 2/23/10 06:08 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
I think that the misunderstanding about the arm, though I may be wrong, is that the fingers are poorly defined, so it looks like the hand is backwards.

if that were the case there would be part of the handle showing at the top differently to how it is at the moment, also you would be able to see the thumb, or atleast the outline of it, still looks like the hands backwards though

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:15:34

At 2/23/10 06:08 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:

your correct

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:25:18

surely if so many people are making this mistake about the hand, it would be good to fix it anyway, if you wanna be a good artist you need to make sure the viewer sees what you see clearly

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:28:16

As what's been pointed out about him having two left hands, he also has no elbows or knees.

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:35:30

At 2/23/10 06:28 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: As what's been pointed out about him having two left hands, he also has no elbows or knees.

elbows and knees are covered

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 18:44:37

gumby raised a good point, may i ask in what direction is the light source

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 19:09:09

At 2/23/10 06:44 PM, ashman112 wrote: gumby raised a good point, may i ask in what direction is the light source

fine hes in a battlefeild fire cannons everything

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 19:16:17

i fixed everything

woh my god i made this!!

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 19:25:12

At 2/23/10 07:09 PM, lgnxhll wrote:
At 2/23/10 06:44 PM, ashman112 wrote: gumby raised a good point, may i ask in what direction is the light source
fine hes in a battlefeild fire cannons everything

dude dont use sucky excuses when you know someones right, you wont get anywhere, learn to take criticism and fyi the picture isnt fixed theres still loads of problems, so whats your excuse now

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 19:32:05

Here's what you should do. Remove all shading, and then redo it.

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 20:13:32

um dude i fixed it

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 20:18:59

At 2/23/10 08:13 PM, lgnxhll wrote: um dude i fixed it

All you did was fix the hand and remove the splotch on the helmet, you didn't fix the shading in the least.

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 20:21:19

listen to the people they mean no harm

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 20:21:35

Not really. The hand still looks weird.

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 20:42:16

At 2/23/10 08:21 PM, exzeta wrote:
Not really. The hand still looks weird.

IT'S CAUSE HE ISN'T SHOWING THE FINGER TIPS ON THE SIDE WE SEE

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 20:44:31

At 2/23/10 08:42 PM, flashero wrote: IT'S CAUSE HE ISN'T SHOWING THE FINGER TIPS ON THE SIDE WE SEE

In which case his hand is on his body backwards.

BBS Signature

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-23 21:02:39

At 2/23/10 08:44 PM, Wivernryder wrote:
At 2/23/10 08:42 PM, flashero wrote: IT'S CAUSE HE ISN'T SHOWING THE FINGER TIPS ON THE SIDE WE SEE
In which case his hand is on his body backwards.

exactly my point.

Fix it man. if oou could do the whole drawing why not improve by fixing such an obvious mistake

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-24 16:05:52

At 2/23/10 05:42 PM, WaterShake wrote: It's a nice drawing, castle crashers inspired right?

This guy hit the nail on the head, really great job... anyway i would like to you art of 2 of these guys fighing, that would be pretty epic

i would only make a block of color

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to woh my god i made this!! 2010-02-24 16:16:52

This guy hit the nail on the head, really great job... anyway i would like to you art of 2 of these guys fighing, that would be pretty epic

ok ill work on it