00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stuff I'm working on...

4,010 Views | 36 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Stuff I'm working on... 2010-02-20 04:53:53

I haven't been on this site in a pretty long while. Unfortunately, college and work has been pretty much raping my amount of spare time. Hopefully I'll be able to post one of these finished by the end of March.

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-02-20 04:55:50

Kinda late for making Death Race fan art, but whatever...

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-02-20 07:43:37

excelent drawings! can't wait to see them finished!

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-02-23 01:10:50

Nice lineart :)

My art thread!

Clicky for my DA!

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-02-23 05:18:43

Those are absolutely amazing, I love the angle on the Death Race one you posted second.

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-02-24 01:50:46

Ok both these drawings show a lot of potential :D good work, and I hope you keep it up.

I prefer the second one. The angle makes it seem really intense. The shape of the car looks to be sketched out well, and you've got a good sense of proportion. I would really like the second drawing to be finished if you ever found the time.

The details in you're first drawings are excellent though, i'm a bit of a detail fanatic though, so the more small parts the better :P

The anatomy of the woman in the first picture doesn't have any glaring problems. This is great because 1) anatomy is hard to get right, and 2) bad anatomy can ruin an otherwise great picture.

I really hope you get round to finishing one or both of these, or even start something entirely.

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-02-24 23:40:33

At 2/24/10 01:50 AM, WaterShake wrote:
I really hope you get round to finishing one or both of these, or even start something entirely.

Thanks. I definitely will be finishing them, it is more of a when will I do it. haha

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-05-17 00:16:14

At 2/24/10 11:40 PM, z28ump wrote:
At 2/24/10 01:50 AM, WaterShake wrote:
Thanks. I definitely will be finishing them, it is more of a when will I do it. haha

So my classes finally ended and I now have time to start really working on some drawings, so it's about time I get off my ass and wrap these bitches up. I literally procrastinated for months on these now... Any way, I'm about half way through with inking the Death Race drawing, but the more I look at it, the more I feel that the angle of the flamethrower isn't right. I know I need to at least make the end larger as the perspective seems off some too and it looks a bit small.

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-05-17 02:18:26

At 5/17/10 12:16 AM, z28ump wrote: So my classes finally ended and I now have time to start really working on some drawings, so it's about time I get off my ass and wrap these bitches up. I literally procrastinated for months on these now... Any way, I'm about half way through with inking the Death Race drawing, but the more I look at it, the more I feel that the angle of the flamethrower isn't right. I know I need to at least make the end larger as the perspective seems off some too and it looks a bit small.

I can't really see the issue with it, but that could be because it's 2:18 in the morning.
But I know that I can't wait to see this finished.

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-05-19 08:17:10

1 down...
Higher quality in the art portal. Sorry, I don't know how to hyperlink on these forums...

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-05-19 18:27:43

At 5/19/10 08:17 AM, z28ump wrote: 1 down...
Higher quality in the art portal. Sorry, I don't know how to hyperlink on these forums...

Damn, that's awesome man.

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-05-20 07:14:20

Thanks Jonny!

And... I think the face got pretty fucked up on this one for me to be 100% happy, but I've worked too hard on the car to not finish it.

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-05-20 07:43:05

Also, I'm trying to learn to draw faces better so I gave this a try. Referenced the model from a car magazine.

And I plan on doing all original work after I finish the 69 Z28, so I can finally throw away my crutch of needing reference photos. Time to man up!

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2010-05-20 10:12:43

I'm going to guess you weren't going for a slightly fat look for the girl. If I am correct you might want to edit the (our) right cheek.

But the rest of the stuff in here is great.

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 00:27:27

Damn, it's been a while.

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 00:28:48

And here it is finished.

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 00:31:49

A horribly misshapened 67(?) Mustang. Done with it, as correcting would nearly be starting over...

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 00:34:19

And last, a 1970 Buick GSX. I still haven't finished the 69 Z28, nor did I start any unreferenced work, so I guess I lied last time I posted here. Sorry...

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 02:10:40

At 5/20/10 07:14 AM, z28ump wrote: Thanks Jonny!

And... I think the face got pretty fucked up on this one for me to be 100% happy, but I've worked too hard on the car to not finish it.

hmm i dig this
what materials are you using?

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 09:04:42

Hey Z, welcome back man.
I still got that picture you did of me.

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 12:22:40

At 10 hours ago, jagondudo wrote: hmm i dig this
what materials are you using?

.5mm Mechanical pencil for outlining and Prismacolor pencils coloring.

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 12:27:23

At 3 hours ago, big-jonny-13 wrote: Hey Z, welcome back man.
I still got that picture you did of me.

Thanks!
Oh yeah, from the draw the person above you page. Good times. haha

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 17:44:16

At 17 hours ago, z28ump wrote: A horribly misshapened 67(?) Mustang. Done with it, as correcting would nearly be starting over...

Very nice, you can never go wrong with mustangs and even earlier cameros so nice job here

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-18 19:36:56

Looks cool, can't wait to see it finished :D

Play on our server!

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-20 18:49:38

At 2 days ago, z28ump wrote: And here it is finished.

All your work is beautiful and wonderfully detailed. The cars are perfectly detailed and wonderfully coloured/shaded.

The only minor critique here is that I think her facial features are a bit too small on the face. If you improve just a tad on the proportions, you have a wonderful piece (keep in mind that many have said that the human face is the most difficult thing to recreate)

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-02-21 00:23:30

At 4 hours ago, Fnibble wrote:
At 2 days ago, z28ump wrote: And here it is finished.
All your work is beautiful and wonderfully detailed. The cars are perfectly detailed and wonderfully coloured/shaded.

The only minor critique here is that I think her facial features are a bit too small on the face. If you improve just a tad on the proportions, you have a wonderful piece (keep in mind that many have said that the human face is the most difficult thing to recreate)

I wouldn't say my auto drawings are perfectly detailed, but thank you. I'd never been too keen on how to draw people, but I feel like I have improved since my last attempt. Noses in particular have always looked weird to me when drawing. Hopefully, I'll keep improving and make each drawing a little better than the last.

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-04-10 17:20:28

Update - Linework is finished. I'm debating on whether to color this or shade it with graphite.

Stuff I'm working on...

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-04-10 17:43:46

At 4/10/12 05:20 PM, z28ump wrote: Update - Linework is finished. I'm debating on whether to color this or shade it with graphite.

Damn you and the sexiness of that pic...

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-04-10 18:13:48

At 4/10/12 05:20 PM, z28ump wrote: Update - Linework is finished. I'm debating on whether to color this or shade it with graphite.

Unless you've got mad control, you run the risk of losing the detailing by using graphite.
If you feel comfortable with it though, by all means, do that.

Response to Stuff I'm working on... 2012-04-10 19:18:40

At 4/10/12 06:13 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Unless you've got mad control, you run the risk of losing the detailing by using graphite.
If you feel comfortable with it though, by all means, do that.

Yeah, I thought that some too. I've put so much time into this, I may as well take the extra time do it in colored pencils. This is gonna take a while. lol

And thanks Kinsei. haha

BBS Signature