00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Deep Blue Seas :P

613 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Deep Blue Seas :P 2010-02-19 20:17:49

HEEEY! Whasssaaap. I'm bak, ya dig?

and I've finally got PHOETOESHAWP.

Wewt.

I've been fooling around with it, and WHAPAM. I got this.....uh,...Thing.

This is just a Prototype because I know I can work on this more and add some stuff, but here are some flaws that I know I can point out {I'm also looking for help on this guys, don't be douches}

Ok, First things first....The Sea Bottom...Is a little darker than it should be. I understand that, I was using my burn tool and got a little carried away...

Second thing, I was wondering if anyone could explain the Dodge Tools settings a little bit more fluescently to me....I was trying to make it brighter instead of brightening the entire painting...or Leveling it and what not.... I want the Sunlight to look as if its not that far away from the water.

3rd, Also puts the 2nd thing into mentioning, The sun rays....Need to be brightened...The Light is a little dull...I want it to seem shiney, but not TOO shiney. {I also am getting a Bubble Brush tool to give it that underwater feel...and I may draw sum fishiez! >:D}

Comments and Suggestions anyone pliz?

Deep Blue Seas :P

Response to Deep Blue Seas :P 2010-02-19 20:24:02

For shine things up I just use the brush tool and make the opacity to 50 so it makes more like light
and thats is like seeing the see from a side? If yes...I'm not that goood on photoshop but I use the gradient tool to make the lines betten darker and lighter colors more smoother

Sorry for my bad english and if that didnt helped at all xD

Response to Deep Blue Seas :P 2010-02-19 20:26:33

At 2/19/10 08:17 PM, TheRedGiant wrote: HEEEY! Whasssaaap. I'm bak, ya dig?

If you`re using photoshop, you`re gonna wanna stay away from the burn/dodge tool. Ive met a variety of artists with a variety of styles, but most all of them advised against using burn/dodge, especially when starting out with photoshop.

The biggest problem with these tools, as I see it, is that they dont rely on how think it should look.
With these tools, its not like you think how you want things to look and then make them that way. rather, you make them a certain way and then see if you like them that way, if you dont, you change them.

This means you wont develop an eye for how you want things to look. which is bad.

I suggest just using the brush and eraser (fiddle around with the brush settings a bit) when starting out. Also; do you own a tablet?
If not; I advice you to just pick up a pencil or piece of charcoal and start drawing with that. Its better to learn to draw before you learn to use a certain tool.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Deep Blue Seas :P 2010-02-19 20:31:24

At 2/19/10 08:26 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 2/19/10 08:17 PM, TheRedGiant wrote: HEEEY! Whasssaaap. I'm bak, ya dig?
If you`re using photoshop, you`re gonna wanna stay away from the burn/dodge tool. Ive met a variety of artists with a variety of styles, but most all of them advised against using burn/dodge, especially when starting out with photoshop.

Ah, ok, got it.