00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed!

853 Views | 10 Replies

8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:39:27

Hey guys, so I just got myself four 8 x 10 canvas's. I have an idea of doing a "strawberry fields forever" with an exploding strawberry... I don't know though if I should have all the canvas in 4 different sections but all are together, (the same image of the strawberry exploding over the four canvas). Or should I do just one, and no idea what to put on the other 3 that would go along with an exploding strawberry. Help me please, (pics will be provided once done).

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:41:01

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:41:43

At 11/29/09 04:39 PM, LostPrince wrote: Hey guys, so I just got myself four 8 x 10 canvas's. I have an idea of doing a "strawberry fields forever" with an exploding strawberry... I don't know though if I should have all the canvas in 4 different sections but all are together, (the same image of the strawberry exploding over the four canvas). Or should I do just one, and no idea what to put on the other 3 that would go along with an exploding strawberry. Help me please, (pics will be provided once done).

I got an idea, take one and paint in big red or orange letters these words. "RULES!!"

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:42:39

hah! Beat you to it!!

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:43:43

I got an idea, take one and paint in big red or orange letters these words. "RULES!!"

no, make the vines/stems spell it out

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:44:05

This is my first art project, I really don't have any examples of my work laying around to start this topic off, thanks for all being dicks about it though...

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:46:12

At 11/29/09 04:42 PM, havegum wrote: hah! Beat you to it!!

I got beat by you?!?
damn....
thats 40 lashes in the town square for me then :(

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:46:32

At 11/29/09 04:44 PM, LostPrince wrote: This is my first art project, I really don't have any examples of my work laying around to start this topic off, thanks for all being dicks about it though...

Hey! Were newgrounders!
Anyways, I'm gonna ignore that last sentence and give you an advice: Make an example or idea or scetch or anything of what you want it to be, because the description didn't really help me figure out what your problem, try using the "Enter" - button abit more...

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:48:48

At 11/29/09 04:44 PM, LostPrince wrote: thanks for all being dicks about it though...

Follow the rules then

these are the only threads we can start off with witty responses, so we has to have fun with it

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 16:48:59

At 11/29/09 04:46 PM, havegum wrote: Hey! Were newgrounders!
Anyways, I'm gonna ignore that last sentence and give you an advice: Make an example or idea or scetch or anything of what you want it to be, because the description didn't really help me figure out what your problem, try using the "Enter" - button abit more...

I'm going to start calling you Gumby >:)

BBS Signature

Response to 8 x 10 Canvas, Help Needed! 2009-11-29 17:02:08

Posting reply, cos I took a bloody age to think this through >:(

At 11/29/09 04:39 PM, LostPrince wrote: Hey guys, so I just got myself four 8 x 10 canvas's. I have an idea of doing a "strawberry fields forever" with an exploding strawberry... I don't know though if I should have all the canvas in 4 different sections but all are together, (the same image of the strawberry exploding over the four canvas). Or should I do just one, and no idea what to put on the other 3 that would go along with an exploding strawberry. Help me please, (pics will be provided once done).

The decision of how you use your canvases, and what you'll put on your canvases is best left down to you.
To confuse you a bit more, couple of questions you should ask yourself:
- Why make four individual but related images?
- Why use four canvases to make one single image?

An easier way of making your mind up is to initially sketch/paint out your ideas in a sketchbook so you've got an idea what works best/whats easier to do/get more ideas.

I'm locking this thread, since it doesn't have a starting pic. Feel free to make a thread looking for crit on your ideas, though.

BBS Signature