00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovy just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Im worried about my soundcard...

698 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Im worried about my soundcard... 2009-11-29 12:25:58

Sometimes shit just happen, and my old GPU suddenly decided to burn out and therefore i ordered me a new pc. (I have not recieved it yet, Dell are incredibly slow.)

It's a dell, got a decent Q8300 processor and some ram, but what im worried about is the soundcard. Its an intel HDA 7.1 it seems. To me this sounds rather shitty, and im afraid i will have some incredible delays.

Anyways, so my question is, have any of you tried any of intels HDA soundcards and if yes, are they good or do you get heavy delays when using external MIDI interfaces?

BBS Signature

Response to Im worried about my soundcard... 2009-11-29 14:16:29

At 11/29/09 02:08 PM, wtflolnoob wrote: Well that's a 7.1 channel system, so it can't be awful. Though it sounds like you're recording, so you'll probably want to upgrade eventually.

Really, the sound card isn't a big deal unless you're going pro.

Actually, I've personally experienced troubles with 7.1 cards alot more than I have with 5.1. In my opinion, the 7.1 is a bit more unreliable and typically has worse latency and buffer rates. Also, sound card makes a huge difference as it will make your buffer much, much lower resulting in easier production.

BBS Signature