00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hirimi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fifty-50's improved art.

149,404 Views | 1,072 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 02:59:37

Thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, that airbrushing thing has been a great flaw of mine since I started. Looking for a way to improve that. Thank you Larkatrosa, I appreciate it. I want to keep improving.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 03:22:55

A robot lineart. If I finish it in time for robot day, I'll submit it as a contest entry.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 06:54:00

I'm lovin' that Madness pic there.

|Foxes Club| |I VOICE ACT.|

PSN ID: jake-thesnake_ng XBL: SFC Fox Paw

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 07:42:31

I tried something different at coloring. I avoided the air brushing.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 07:58:57

At 7/1/10 06:12 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: On other topics. Behold! I present you the things I do during long classes! Doodles! :D I made them during math class! :D

Dammit why are you so good! That hatching is looking so pro, fuck I wish I could do that.

At 7/1/10 06:33 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: The first art I ever submitted to newgrounds. I think this one was about 8 months ago.

I've never seen this before. It seems your old style was quite different with the block shading and stuff like that. It would be interesting what a drawing in your old style would look like with the knowledge you have now.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 08:03:30

Please tell me that's a Gundam.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 08:07:19

Thanks cloudy, I think I'll try to do that. I don't even know how I managed to learn this style, but I remember the art forum helped a lot. :D

Oh yeah, this is another damn doodle, this time on chemistry. Actually my teacher didn't even bother to show up.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 08:09:30

At 7/2/10 08:03 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Please tell me that's a Gundam.

It looks like one doesn't it? Well I guess it is. Although it wasn't a gundam. Fun fact: I drew it on class. lol. I guess when I draw mechs, they just end up looking like gundams.

Must have been the excessive gundam watching I did as a child.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 08:17:05

At 7/2/10 08:09 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: It looks like one doesn't it? Well I guess it is. Although it wasn't a gundam. Fun fact: I drew it on class. lol. I guess when I draw mechs, they just end up looking like gundams.
Must have been the excessive gundam watching I did as a child.

Well, it doesn't look entirely like a gundam, but the head sure as hell is a gundam's. I just thought for a minute that it was your take on one.

Can you do that for me in the future?

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-02 08:19:24

At 7/2/10 08:17 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Well, it doesn't look entirely like a gundam, but the head sure as hell is a gundam's. I just thought for a minute that it was your take on one.
Can you do that for me in the future?

Well I guess it doesn't. Can I do what for you in the future? Draw you a gundam? Sure thing. I'll draw as soon I finish this one I'm working on. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-03 08:33:38

More progress. I think this is starting to look better, maybe because of a change in coloring.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-04 05:18:17

More progress on the Mech. Tell me what you think. Comments are always appreciated.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-04 06:18:22

Eggy

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-04 06:58:42

you know, thinking back to that thread the other day, I need to say something about your art..... something insulting...
.... I'm going to call your art fat.
Your Art Is FAT!
yeah...... abnormally large art.
your art is so fat, I couldn't catch it with an inter-net!
your art is so fat, it ate my browser cookies!
your art is so fat, we had to add on an extra "w" and two back slashes to hold it!
your art is so fat, the admins have to program in HTM-HELL!

Ok..... I think I'm done cracking jokes :P

your art is so fat.......
good stuff bud, good stiff

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-04 07:19:35

lolololololololol. I think your insult is funny. As I said, comments are always appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-04 08:10:37

At 7/4/10 07:19 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: lolololololololol. I think your insult is funny. As I said, comments are always appreciated.

your art is so fat, if your hard drive crashed, it'd have built in air-bags
your art is so fat, its line weight is calculated in tonnage
your art is so fat, I thought it was perspective in reverse

yeah I cannot think of any more.....
don't worry, I'll get more.....

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-04 17:18:22

Pretty good.

Check out my Art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-04 20:17:05

At 7/4/10 05:18 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: More progress on the Mech. Tell me what you think. Comments are always appreciated.

Did a quick paint-over to show that you do not need so many details, simplified brush strokes sometimes work better. Straighten the gun out.

I'm not sure what to say for the pose... it looks strange and awkward for some battle jump. I think it would work better if the characters arms were spread in a T shape (jesus style) above his shoulders, as if he's jumping down.

Sorry for the size, had to make it smaller for NG.

Fifty-50's improved art.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-04 20:18:41

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-05 04:08:52

Well buddy, you have a point there. But I think my original works better. Not trying to offend you or anything, but the paint over you did looks very I don't know, unnatural? But I love that you straightened the gun. Thanks for all the comments.

As for the lineart. It's quite easy once you get used to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-05 06:09:19

Done. I didn't think blue would go so well with red.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-05 07:23:41

At 7/5/10 06:09 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Done. I didn't think blue would go so well with red.

I think it's the lighter outlining blue that is really throwing this off, not the background effect.....

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-05 07:28:39

At 7/5/10 07:23 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 7/5/10 06:09 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Done. I didn't think blue would go so well with red.
I think it's the lighter outlining blue that is really throwing this off, not the background effect.....

I actually that it makes it stand out a little bit more than ever but There's really no need to nitpick over such "overthrown" additions is there now?

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-05 07:41:02

At 7/1/10 06:12 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: On other topics. Behold! I present you the things I do during long classes! Doodles! :D I made them during math class! :D
lol

looking back, I would like to see more of that creature. It looks very interesting.
Did you ever finish it? if so, I'd like to see it. If not, then finish it, I think it could be even more badass

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-05 07:55:08

At 7/5/10 07:41 AM, Kinsei01 wrote:
lol
looking back, I would like to see more of that creature. It looks very interesting.
Did you ever finish it? if so, I'd like to see it. If not, then finish it, I think it could be even more badass

The one in the middle yeah it looks good enough to complete but to make a doodle into a full fledged finished image? It's a good concept

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-08 03:35:33

Meh. Kinsei, I don't understand what you just sent me. The stickam forum failed to load for an unknown reason. Anyway, more random artwork.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-08 04:48:47

At 7/8/10 03:35 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Meh. Kinsei, I don't understand what you just sent me. The stickam forum failed to load for an unknown reason. Anyway, more random artwork.

Your style is brilliant for quick sketches and doodles, right? (By style I mean surplus amount of bold geometric shapes and cross-hatching). I can definitely appreciate how well you manage to bring out depth and shadows using cross-hatching, you've definitely got most of the skill needed to master it under your belt.

Also, lolstickam.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-09 02:26:10

At 7/8/10 04:48 AM, Lintire wrote: Your style is brilliant for quick sketches and doodles, right? (By style I mean surplus amount of bold geometric shapes and cross-hatching). I can definitely appreciate how well you manage to bring out depth and shadows using cross-hatching, you've definitely got most of the skill needed to master it under your belt.

Also, lolstickam.

Yeah, I've only been using this style for 5 months I think. It will be great if I master it. Well anyway, I made something new. I call it, "Fishing In A Sea of Skulls". You be the judge. :D

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-09 03:28:10

Wow. Your use of crosshatching in your sketches is masterful.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2010-07-09 09:08:03

Still waiting on my Gundam =P