00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mtcowboy462 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anyone up for an Unfinished Collab?

666 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I was just going through a bunch of my old flash files, playing through some games I had started to work on, and I noticed they all had potential, but I lacked ambition to finish them. This got me to thinking. I can't be the only person out there who starts a project with a lot of steam, but then loses momentum due to time constraints, real life, or stagnation of interest. I think it would be neat to get all these files together and showcase the "What Could Have Beens" of Newgrounds. Be it game, animation, whatever.

The goal here is to get exposure for all the unseen hard work, the failures behind the successes. Who knows. Some of us may rekindle our love for our forgotten projects and complete them. Or it will be a big failure we can all look back on and regret. Won't that be fun?

SPECIFICS:
- Resolution 600x500. If your file is bigger it'll be scaled to fit, and any blank space will be filled in with black.
-30 FPS
-AS 2
-Keep your animation/game in a movieclip labelled <yourname>_mc, and any files associated with it using the same naming pattern
-Keep variables local to your MC, or give them names like <yourname>bulletcount.

RULES:
-No v-cams. They are kind of a bitch to deal with to be honest.
-3.0 or higher batting average
-No huge files.
-End date is Nov. 30th. This isn't about going out and making a half-assed flash and then submitting it. The only real work here should be changing a few symbols and some actionscript.
-Only submit things with some degree of entertainment value. Refine your submissions, if need be. I don't want thirty cut and paste platformers with one level and a blue rectangle protagonist, or the first five seconds of a madness tribute.
-Put your *.fla into a zip file, and include a 100x100 icon and a notepad file briefly describing the submission. Your original inspiration, why you had to quit, why you're proud of it, something of that nature.
-Send files to scottmale24@hotmail.com with the subject "NG Flash Collab"

Thoughts? Suggestions? Good idea, bad idea, too many rules, what? This is the first collab I'm doing, so help is appreciated.

I used to be relevant.

Response to Anyone up for an Unfinished Collab? 2009-10-28 01:05:38

Although I do plan on finishing it. I suppose you could use this POS.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/3809/308 _Scene_01.php

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to Anyone up for an Unfinished Collab? 2009-10-28 01:06:51

At 10/28/09 01:05 AM, PBass wrote: Although I do plan on finishing it. I suppose you could use this POS.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/3809/308 _Scene_01.php

Whoops, nevermind, I don't have a BA

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to Anyone up for an Unfinished Collab? 2009-10-28 02:35:38

At 10/28/09 01:06 AM, PBass wrote: Whoops, nevermind, I don't have a BA

That was a pretty good animation! That rule may change, depending on how many people get interested in this, so don't get too down.

Also, here is what will probably be my contribution:
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/3809/918 8_gunnin2.php

I used to be relevant.

Response to Anyone up for an Unfinished Collab? 2009-10-28 02:53:18

I used to be relevant.

Response to Anyone up for an Unfinished Collab? 2009-10-28 15:10:17

At 10/28/09 02:35 AM, scottmale24 wrote:
At 10/28/09 01:06 AM, PBass wrote: Whoops, nevermind, I don't have a BA
That was a pretty good animation! That rule may change, depending on how many people get interested in this, so don't get too down.

Thanks! I've come to frown on it though. If I ever finish I will probably redo or edit a lot of scenes.