00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

EAZ - Free album

3,718 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

EAZ - Free album 2009-10-24 18:43:29

Album art?

Fuck that, I'm too cool for that shit.

So this is the toiling of my past year/year and 'o half. No, it's not goa trance or anything since what I wasted that time doing was the drug ecstasy. There's only five songs (I was planning on at least 6-10) but hey, when you're busy being high all the time it's really fucking hard to buckle down and write music.

By the way it's a terrible drug. Musical influence goes right out the window, you don't feel like doing anything.

So, welcome to EAZ: Ecstasy According to Zenon. An album dedicated to the weird and fucked up aspects of an e high... lol.

Unlimited: The first song about the intense and energetic buzz that I got the first time I did it. I wasn't into it, but it was cheap, and lasted a decent amount of time... the blissful beginning, very superstring-ish.

Heart Failure: Sometimes your heart just pumps a LITTLE bit too hard, like it's going to pump out of your chest or just... stop.

Dance Machine: A remix of my song Dance machine from... '05 or '06 I believe? It's happy and kind of oblivious just like the high, but there's always that notion in the back of your head telling you that there's stupid chemicals in your system. A twisted sound.

One Whole pirT: The fucking masterpiece of this album, in my opinion. Goes through 4 different emotions, showing the seeming distress you can feel through the trip but how easily your feelings can change.

and Enjoychosis: The final stage... psychosis. Also known as tweaking, visual hallucinations can bring you into other worlds and make your brain feel numb, and especially dumb. It's nearly impossible to keep your head in order, and it's almost more possible to talk to people that don't exist than it is to talk to your friends.

And of course!

EAZ

Enjoy fewlz :3

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-24 19:28:28

Uhhh.. .cda files? Is it me, or aren't .cda's just like 'shortcuts' to the actual audio?

I was wondering why it was only 608 bytes.

MP3 Plz ^__^

BBS Signature

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-24 19:33:22

At 10/24/09 07:28 PM, Unrl wrote: Uhhh.. .cda files? Is it me, or aren't .cda's just like 'shortcuts' to the actual audio?

I was wondering why it was only 608 bytes.

MP3 Plz ^__^

Sorry, I is suffering from burnt-out-ism :O

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-24 19:35:47

Looking good from your description, I'll just patiently await the mp3's too. ^_^

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-24 20:43:34

This is the best idea for a concept album ever. Can't wait to grab it XD

I always found Squarepusher's "The Exploding Psychology" to be a pretty apt musical metaphor for the various stages of an E high :]

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 03:35:49

I don't think that I've ever suffered so much with simply converting files. Fix'd!

OK LET'S PRETEND THAT NEVER HAPPENED GUYS

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 04:00:57

At 10/25/09 03:35 AM, ZENON wrote: I don't think that I've ever suffered so much with simply converting files. Fix'd!

OK LET'S PRETEND THAT NEVER HAPPENED GUYS

Haha xD. D'Ling!

BBS Signature

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 04:18:48

Uuhhhh dude, sorry to inform, but the .rar file is only about 100 kb, and the .mp3's play for about 2 seconds and then cut off.

Wtf? =PP

BBS Signature

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 04:27:08

Zenon is a fried cunt :P

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 04:31:06

At 10/25/09 04:27 AM, jarrydn wrote: Zenon is a fried cunt :P

Haha he may be. But he maketh good musics.

BBS Signature

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 06:22:58

Rawr. Zenon. .cda files come straight from regular audio cd's. Just go into windows media player and use the 'rip' function.

Or open up the projects and export them again. Thanks.

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 13:19:28

lulz @ zenon's failurecascade :D

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 14:51:30

At 10/25/09 04:27 AM, jarrydn wrote: Zenon is a fried cunt :P

See, you, en, tee... you are correct!

Seriously though I have come to terms that I just suck at life. And it should be fucking fixed now.

Mein got >:(

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 15:00:03

...The reason why the forums don't have an "edit post" button...So we can laugh at you.

lol j/k

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 16:14:54

Downloaded and listening. Love the first one, can't wait for the fourth!

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 16:39:53

Third time lucky mate!

The songs are awesome =)

BBS Signature

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 20:33:01

I got the RAR with the 3 second songs. I thought it was more of an artistic choice rather than in error in converting.

Getting the real version now

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 21:08:03

At 10/25/09 08:33 PM, SineRider wrote: I got the RAR with the 3 second songs. I thought it was more of an artistic choice rather than in error in converting.

Getting the real version now

Hahaha, good call.

BBS Signature

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 21:11:32

Downloaded, listened and loved. The strongs stray away quite a bit from your usual style but they still have that typical Zenon feel to them. lovely.

I guess I know have an idea what eecstasy feels like. ^^

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-25 21:41:30

Listening through the album as I type this post... and so far... well... it's delightfully demented!

I like your take on the drug.. it's pretty accurate lol. The whole.. exaggerated feeling of happy and "zomg this is the best thing ever" plus the odd tripish things that occur alongside that. Not to mention the bit of slowdown and whatnot that gradually follows as it fades and leaves you.

I'm sure I'll put at least a couple of these into play sometime. Very hi-energy stuff for the most part, One Whole pirT was a really nice switch from that though.. very chill but at the same time still very frantic.

Awesomesauce. Great work man =D

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-27 02:30:34

At 10/25/09 09:41 PM, EchozAurora wrote: Awesomesauce. Great work man =D

Glad you enjoyed it :) I mainly just wanted to get away from what people would expect me to produce with this album, since honestly I wasn't gonna put this on the net and just distribute it locally. I didn't think that too many people in my town would be down with goa trance :P

But hey, now that this one is done I can start writing a really weird goa trance + "random genre" album :)

pervokative.bandcamp.com

Response to EAZ - Free album 2009-10-27 02:41:14

At 10/27/09 02:30 AM, ZENON wrote:
But hey, now that this one is done I can start writing a really weird goa trance + "random genre" album :)

How about a fusion of goa and breaks?...

That = instant top of my favorites list.

Just sayin. ;)

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature