00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiToDaAra just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fuck sponsers with flash

1,236 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:19:42

People who sponser flash games and don't make them get good ratings REALLY is lame.

I can't stand how that isn't a whistle option to stop games like that being put on the site. I mean really, a few years ago this wasn't an issue but COME ON, how in the heck are we supposed to compete with half the material on here now thats made by 30 year old Flash professionals.

We shouldn't take for granted classic flash movies/games on this site, it really is worthy of being on the site since people actually made it and didn't sponser it.

So to get to the main point...should I complain? Personally I feel that I should but with all the new users (not including alts, like me since I orginally signed up in 06) they are idiotic enough to say "fuck no, we like this on newgrounds, its just what the site needs".

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:24:46

This post is just so messy..

What is it that you're complaining about? Seriously, I have no idea.

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:27:28

If you don't like it, then just get better at Flash.
Don't hate somebody for making something that you can't,
respect their work and learn from it.

The developers who make good Flashes
need the money, and deserve it.
It helps them, it helps newgrounds, and it entertains users.
So stop wasting your time complaining while you
could be spending time being the developer that
other people are jealous of.

Good luck. :]

what

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:28:52

At 10/9/09 07:24 PM, knugen wrote: This post is just so messy..

COOL STORY BRO.
Sorry illiterate user, may you take the time to comprehend again : )

We need to stop submitting sponsered flash games/movies and should make it a whistle option.

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:31:53

Don't worry, I don't have any idea what he's on about either.
OP, learn proper use of the English language before posting again, thanks.

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:31:59

Yea but its 'everything by everyone'. I mean seriously, you must know what youre getting yourself into if youre submitting content on this site?

One day you compete with Firth, the next you compete with Adult Swim.

COINCIDENTALLY, most of Adult Swim's games have gotten beaten out by amateur artists and developers so its fine and you shouldnt fear competition even if it is professional one.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:34:38

At 10/9/09 07:28 PM, Grind29 wrote: We need to stop submitting sponsered flash games/movies and should make it a whistle option.

... Are you a fucking moron?

If a game is good enough, and the creator put enough time into creating the idea, and programming and putting art into his/her game to get sponsored they deserve a little extra money. Or, you know, a lot.

Hey yo

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:38:54

At 10/9/09 07:31 PM, Luis wrote: Yea but its 'everything by everyone'. I mean seriously, you must know what youre getting yourself into if youre submitting content on this site?

One day you compete with Firth, the next you compete with Adult Swim.

COINCIDENTALLY, most of Adult Swim's games have gotten beaten out by amateur artists and developers so its fine and you shouldnt fear competition even if it is professional one.

Great point, thanks for the decent reply. But shouldn't sponsered material go somewhere else other than here? Dumb question...if only it was "Everything By us" then maybe I could just win this dispute. Flash is hard, and for people getting rewards for something they sponsered they are basically being creditited (or however you might spell that), and the 70% that actually submit there own work get a tough response on the site. It aint fair to me, but don't get offended anyone who reads this ITS JUST AN OPPINION.

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:44:09

At 10/9/09 07:38 PM, Grind29 wrote: they are basically being creditited

So are you saying we should give prizes and awards
to people who don't deserve it? Hmm...

I'm sorry, but you have a very spoiled opinion.
The people who post sponsored Flashes have
every right to do so, and with practice you can
easily submit something that'll get noticed.

By no means is it easy, but you never know
when you'll think of a simple, fun game concept
that sponsors are willing to pay big bucks for.
Practice, practice, practice,
and try not to let it bother you.

what

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:45:39

At 10/9/09 07:44 PM, K-Guare wrote: easily submit something that'll get noticed.

By no means is it easy,

oops, scratch that first 'easily'. :]

what

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 19:50:55

At 10/9/09 07:28 PM, Grind29 wrote: Sorry illiterate user, may you take the time to comprehend again : )

We need to stop submitting sponsered flash games/movies and should make it a whistle option.

And this illiterate user you speak of is supposed to be me? :) Your sentences are full of grammatic errors, and usually I don't mind that very much, but you mix up these errors with arguments and statements that doesn't fit into the context at all.

Anyhow, are you really against sponsored flashes on here, or just flashes made by professionals? It's not the same thing, but either way I don't think that any of the two should be banned. If NG starts to refuse content they will over time lose traffic to other game sites. The way I understand it NG is already doing that.

And what is it really that makes professional developers less worthy of our precious pixel trophies? Just because they are good at what they do it doesn't mean they slap together an awesome game in an hour or two, they really aren't much different from us who doesn't make a living out of Flash, just better (and sometimes not even that).

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 20:02:12

At 10/9/09 07:44 PM, K-Guare wrote:
At 10/9/09 07:38 PM, Grind29 wrote: they are basically being creditited
So are you saying we should give prizes and awards
to people who don't deserve it? Hmm...

I'm sorry, but you have a very spoiled opinion.
The people who post sponsored Flashes have
every right to do so, and with practice you can
easily submit something that'll get noticed.

No no no, I don't think people should get rewarded for sponsered games since it isnt their material.

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 20:12:52

At 10/9/09 08:02 PM, Grind29 wrote: No no no, I don't think people should get rewarded for sponsered games since it isnt their material.

Huh? Most sponsored flash games are submitted by the authors, surely you're not saying that just because they put in a few logos in the game and gets some money for it the submission is no longer "their material".

Every now and then I see only a game portal being credited by NG's system, this most often means however that the owner of that site is the same person(s) that made the game. If that's not the case, say that a sponsor submits a game they didn't personally do, then that is already technically against the rules.

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-09 23:14:25

Hes not really talking about sponsors much the way most people think of them. He's talking about professional companies that post their flash on the site.

Its just a hard thing to judge what is 'professional'... even some of the amateur artists/devs here eventually do go pro, should the site close its doors after nurturing them? no.

'There she is' is made by a team of animators who from what i gather, work professionally. Should they not be allowed to show their work here? Should they be stashed elsewhere? The answer is no, its a competitive market wherever you go and whatever you do. Some of the funnest games could be the most crude, and some of the most ellaborate ones by the wealthiest companies could still fall flat. You should just not worry about it and go at your own pace and skill level.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-10 02:00:02

At 10/9/09 08:02 PM, Grind29 wrote:
No no no, I don't think people should get rewarded for sponsered games since it isnt their material.

so you are saying that you dont think Armorgames or Maxgames should get rewards simply because they sponsored the game? Most of the time, they give the author at least coauthorship, and the rest of the time the author didnt want to make an account. What sort of reward would a pixel trophy even be to these sponsoring giants? They dont care, they are only posting as themselves to increase traffic. Nothing more.

Age of Shuriken, an ambitious RPG game, is in need of a Background Artist! Check coolroy's page for more info:

http://coolroy.newgrounds.com/news/

post/492693

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-10 03:35:29

Although i do see your point, i stand against it (like the rest :]). The authors of the sponsored flashes where once just like you (probably). they started out not knowing what stop(); means. they learned, practiced, became better and eventually ended up where they are now because of the effort they put in. If you had the patients, and put in enough effort you too could one day be up there, getting your games sponsored.

AS2||AS3||Motox

Thanks to hdxmike for the sig :]

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-10 16:05:08

I think what he's trying to say is that if someone like him gets a game sponsored, he himself should have to put the game up, not the sponsor. For instance, if king sponsors a game, king shouldn't be uploading the game, the developer should. The only reason that sponsors put up games, is because the developer doesn't have a newgrounds account. I've had a number of games sponsored, gotten front page, gotten daily awards, I put the games up on my own account because I like and use Newgrounds frequently.

When a company puts up a sponsored game, often times those games are done by "professionals" that are no different then you, but have just sold there game to make a living. I sell all of my games now, and I'm technically a professional because of that, but I'm still learning, growing, and have to compete with everybody just like every amateur and pro alike.

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-10 16:49:45

You're a dumbass, this site isn't for just posting your mediocre flash works, it's supposed to be posting decent and entertaining flash games or movies. I never really got that concept when I was younger and submitted some of that shit I have, but also spam is another story altogether. Nevertheless, just posting "OLOL I WAS JUST TESTING MY AS2 XD SO I THOT IT WULD BE COOL TO SHOW EVRY1!!" isn't worthy of being on the site, even if it makes it past judgement. Getting sponsored gets decent flash artists or programmers money for them taking the time for making a well-made and entertaining game or movie.

01000100011000010110111001100011011 01001011011100110011101010000011010 01011011100110010101100001011100000 11100000110110001100101010001110111 010101111001

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-10 17:28:57

At 10/9/09 07:28 PM, Grind29 wrote:

COOL STORY BRO.

ITT: butthurt faggot who fails at making flashes

go away

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-10 17:55:57

People complain about this or that author doing great when it's undeserved all the time. However, none of them seem to have any talent. Those that do tend to to be quite content with the current way of things. Just an observation.

"Animation is not the art of drawings that move, but the art of movements that are drawn." -Norman McLaren

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-10 19:12:21

What the OP doesn't realize is that some developers are professionals and don't have the time to dick around creating accounts and submitting their flashes to every other site so they simply ask their sponsor to do it for them.

:'(

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-10 23:25:33

Trust me man...

There's no reason to worry. Everybody hates everything on Newgrounds...all the time.

See? Problem solved.

:)

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck sponsers with flash 2009-10-11 01:23:23

I dont make my stuff with a profesional team, and my things seem to do swell.