00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TimeGoblin just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

net neutrality

637 Views | 6 Replies

net neutrality 2009-09-19 01:13:39

"Federal regulators next week are expected to seek to turn controversial "net neutrality" principles into formal rules intended to give the nation's computer users the right to use whatever services and devices they like without interference from their ISPs."

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/09/f cc-expected-to-announce-support-of-net-n eutrality-monday/

so we have a free day on monday

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to net neutrality 2009-09-19 02:18:12

for those who don't understand

you can use sites like piratebay and shit and not worry about being caught

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to net neutrality 2009-09-19 02:50:25

At 9/19/09 02:18 AM, Chiklay4 wrote: for those who don't understand

you can use sites like piratebay and shit and not worry about being caught

Getting caught was never an issue with me, as my ISP doesn't give a shit (I know a few of the employees, they told me this).

Me at: FA | Telegram

BBS Signature

Response to net neutrality 2009-09-19 02:52:37

I have downloaded like, a bunch or torrents off of TPB. My ISP does not really give a shit anyway...

Vote Green.

Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature

Response to net neutrality 2009-09-19 03:11:47

I honestly don't really care, I don't download stuff illegally anyways.

Response to net neutrality 2009-09-19 03:41:07

I've got 36 torrents in my Vuze folder but those are all from Garrysmod.org....

BBS Signature

Response to net neutrality 2009-09-19 03:45:26

Well if you read.

""" "As we've said before, we are concerned about the unintended consequences that net neutrality regulation would have on investments from the very industry that's helping to drive the U.S. economy," Chris Guttman-McCabe, who is the CTIA-The Wireless Association VP for regulatory affairs, said in a statement. "We believe that this kind of regulation is unnecessary in the competitive wireless space as it would prevent carriers from managing their networks - such as curtailing viruses and other harmful content - to the benefit of their consumers." """

""" "This is a very welcome development, and is years past due. The Internet was created and grew up under strict non-discrimination rules," Sohn said. "Having rules in place will bring a degree of certainty that will help both carriers and consumers alike. Carriers will know what is allowed and what is not; consumers will be relieved to know they will be able to have access to any content and service on a non-discriminatory basis." """"