00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I need help with a Pioneer SX-202

3,783 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I need help with a Pioneer SX-202 2009-09-06 18:32:09

I know this is mostly for audio/ music things like programs and such, but I was wondering if any one here knows anything about a Pioneer SX-202 stereo reciever, and more specifically, how to hook up the speakers and antenna properly.
I found this stereo the other day and figured I'd play around with it to see if it works. When I tune it to a FM station with a good signal, it has a light on that shows it is a good signal, and a light that shows the FM stereo signal is good. Despite the lights being on and getting a apparantly good signal, I don't have any sound from the speakers. I've tried swapping the wires around the speaker terminals and I still can't get any sound. I don't have any manuals, because I just found the receiver and nothing else.

Can any one offer any help on how to hook the speakers/ antenna up?

I pwnanated The Terminator (1,2,&3), The Govenanator, and other titles ending in -nator.

It's time to kick arse and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta arse to kick!

BBS Signature

Response to I need help with a Pioneer SX-202 2009-09-06 18:48:29

At 9/6/09 06:32 PM, ThePwnanator777 wrote: Can any one offer any help on how to hook the speakers/ antenna up?

If you've followed the diagrams on the back of the unit, and it still doesn't work, then you've done it wrong.

I can't find any manuals online, so, you know, try it again.

Response to I need help with a Pioneer SX-202 2009-09-06 19:05:04

At 9/6/09 06:48 PM, loansindi wrote:
At 9/6/09 06:32 PM, ThePwnanator777 wrote: Can any one offer any help on how to hook the speakers/ antenna up?
If you've followed the diagrams on the back of the unit, and it still doesn't work, then you've done it wrong.

Or the speakers could be faulty, or a wire could be wired wrong, or there could be an issue with something within the receiver, etc. So it might not be him, but rather the equipment considering the model isn't exactly new.

Is it required of people to be a dick in order to post here often? Or is this guy just trying to hard?

I looked online and all I could find was places that have them for sale, such as pawn shops, Ebay, and so on and so forth. You could always call Pioneer's support number. Granted its a pretty old receiver system, but I'm sure someone there would be able to help you somehow.

Also, you could stop by your local pawn shop and talk to someone there that might have an idea. From my experience they always seem to have decent knowledge on vintage things like this and are happy to lend any expertise they might have.

But that is all I could really suggest given the fact you have no manual, and there seems to be nothing online that could help you at all.

But then again, you could give this a go if you are terribly desperate. Looks like it might be kinda shady and unreliable though. Just not sure how legit it is.

BBS Signature

Response to I need help with a Pioneer SX-202 2009-09-06 19:18:34

At 9/6/09 07:05 PM, Gravey wrote:
At 9/6/09 06:48 PM, loansindi wrote:
Also, you could stop by your local pawn shop and talk to someone there that might have an idea. From my experience they always seem to have decent knowledge on vintage things like this and are happy to lend any expertise they might have.

But that is all I could really suggest given the fact you have no manual, and there seems to be nothing online that could help you at all.

But then again, you could give this a go if you are terribly desperate. Looks like it might be kinda shady and unreliable though. Just not sure how legit it is.

Ahh, I saw that, but I'm trying to find one that's free and downloadable. I'm not really that concerned to pay too much for a manual. I will however try a pawn shop, because there's one near me that I think might know something about the speaker issue.

I pwnanated The Terminator (1,2,&3), The Govenanator, and other titles ending in -nator.

BBS Signature

Response to I need help with a Pioneer SX-202 2009-09-06 20:11:11

Anyone have one of these stereos that can help or has knowledge of the speakers needed etc.?

BBS Signature

At 9/6/09 08:11 PM, ThePwnanator777 wrote: Anyone have one of these stereos that can help or has knowledge of the speakers needed etc.?

I just worked on one of these tonight that wasn't operating well. If you have the speakers hooked up properly. One speaker to the right red and black terminals on the back the other to the red and black left terminals on the back. Make sure you've punched the switch turning the speakers on as well as turing the power on, but if you're seeing the radio indicator lights, it's on. . There are two choices A and B speakers. Punch the one corresponding to the connectors you have your speakers hooked up to on the back. You should be getting sound if the volume is up a little. If you aren't, with this unit the problem can be dirty switches. The one I worked on had the whole right channel either out or really distorted until I shot some De-oxit into the both the balance and the tape monitor/source switch after I opened the unit up. When those switches got lubricated/cleaned by the De-oxit the right channel came back strong. Your unit might have switches so dirty that nothing's getting through.

So, unplug it so you don't electrocute yourself. Take off the top. Look down into the unit and see all the switches and controls. Work the little spray nozzle from the De-oxit into the opening in the switches and give it as very short blast. No use drenching it. Then work the switch or the control to loosen up the corrosion. When you're done. Put the top on. Wire it up and give it a try. Good luck. I've found with units this vintage and older (30+ years) they often have major dirty control problems but a little de-oxit can resurrect all but the worst of them. This unit didn't have the highest build standards, so a little dirt can really louse things up in a major way.

Response to I need help with a Pioneer SX-202 2015-10-31 21:52:39

bro youre like 6 years late