00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TarikNakich just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia?

3,191 Views | 27 Replies

Because I hope he's dead.

You've finally made it home

Draped in the flag that you fell for

And so it goes - the ashes of the wake

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:15:45

Well, according to South Park he is, and as long as he never shows his incredibily unfunny face anywhere ever again ever, I am totally content with believeing that he actually did die.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:17:37

At 9/4/09 04:10 PM, EyelessArchfiend wrote: Because I hope he's dead.

His career is, which is good enough for me.

It's rather predictable actually, because Comedy Central will pick up a shitty show for a year, maybe two, and then flush it, after which no one on the show is ever heard from again.

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:17:37

He got fired by Comedy Central when they found out that most of his jokes and routines were stolen from other comedians.

Ye

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:18:00

He won an Oscar and retired. Didn't you hear?

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:18:45

Didn't Kanye West kill him?

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:19:24

At 9/4/09 04:18 PM, Sidorio wrote: He won an Oscar and retired. Didn't you hear?

He wasn't in any movies. How could he win an Oscar? He never won an Emmy, if that's what you mean.

Ye

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:19:36

At 9/4/09 04:18 PM, LTmatt wrote: Didn't Kanye West kill him?

-1 Originality Point.

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:21:20

At 9/4/09 04:19 PM, UberCream wrote: He wasn't in any movies. How could he win an Oscar? He never won an Emmy, if that's what you mean.

You didn't hear about him staring in the Citizen Kane remake either? Where have you guys been?

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:34:47

At 9/4/09 04:21 PM, Sidorio wrote:
At 9/4/09 04:19 PM, UberCream wrote: He wasn't in any movies. How could he win an Oscar? He never won an Emmy, if that's what you mean.
You didn't hear about him staring in the Citizen Kane remake either? Where have you guys been?

Rosebud was the SLED! There, no we don't have to see it and supply Mencia with more money.

Ye

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:44:23

He's busy.

Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia?

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:44:28

At 9/4/09 04:43 PM, EJR wrote: I used to like him back when I thought he was funny.

I got your back EJR. Are we really the only people who thought he was funny? No Strings Attached was one of the best stand up performances I've ever seen!

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:48:13

At 9/4/09 04:15 PM, AlphaCentauri wrote: Well, according to South Park he is, and as long as he never shows his incredibily unfunny face anywhere ever again ever, I am totally content with believeing that he actually did die.

Seconded

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:48:17

From his wiki page

In February 2009, Mencia was dropped from the Krewe of Orpheus' celebrity lineup for New Orleans Mardi Gras, citing inappropriate comments he made in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Mencia made this remark, "I'm glad Hurricane Katrina happened," he said during his standup. "It taught us an important lesson: Black people can't swim."

I guess it's just me because I'm a fan of inappropriate humor, but it seems like the only funny things this guy says ends up getting him in hot water.

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:50:24

He learned that just because your Latino, doesn't mean you can make fun of everyone and get away with it.

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:52:51

At 9/4/09 04:10 PM, EyelessArchfiend wrote: Because I hope he's dead.

The producers of south park killed him due to a ripoff.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:55:52

At 9/4/09 04:48 PM, STEM wrote: I guess it's just me because I'm a fan of inappropriate humor, but it seems like the only funny things this guy says ends up getting him in hot water.

I laugh at offensive stuff, and that's why i loved mencia. I'm glad someone agrees with me. And about this south park episode, does anyone know the name of it? I've seen almost all of them, and mencia being in one isn't ringing any bells. I'd like to watch it.

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:57:33

At 9/4/09 04:55 PM, michelinman wrote: I laugh at offensive stuff, and that's why i loved mencia. I'm glad someone agrees with me. And about this south park episode, does anyone know the name of it? I've seen almost all of them, and mencia being in one isn't ringing any bells. I'd like to watch it.

The episode is called "Fish Sticks."

What are you, a gay fish?

Ye

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:57:52

At 9/4/09 04:55 PM, michelinman wrote:
At 9/4/09 04:48 PM, STEM wrote: I guess it's just me because I'm a fan of inappropriate humor, but it seems like the only funny things this guy says ends up getting him in hot water.
I laugh at offensive stuff, and that's why i loved mencia. I'm glad someone agrees with me. And about this south park episode, does anyone know the name of it? I've seen almost all of them, and mencia being in one isn't ringing any bells. I'd like to watch it.

Fishsticks

I believe that is the title of the episode.

Fast linky here

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 16:59:45

At 9/4/09 04:55 PM, michelinman wrote: I laugh at offensive stuff, and that's why i loved mencia. I'm glad someone agrees with me

Oh don't get me wrong I actually fucking hate the guy, always thought he ranked up there as a talentless hack like Dane Cook. It's only a few things he says that makes me chuckle. I guess it's more of his presentation and execution of jokes that didn't make him funny in my eyes. If he said that line that I posted above, I probably wouldn't have laughed at it. To be fair, he has the mind of an okay comedian but lacks the necessary skills to perform his jokes in front of an audience.

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 17:00:00

Come to think of it, I don't know. He probably was a bandwagon kind of thing, he was really popular only for a short time. I'm sure that's how Dane Cook will end up. Right now everyone knows him, give it a year, and upon asking his name everyone will either say, "Who?" or, "Oh, that washed up piece of comedic trash? I never liked him." even though they all did.

tl;dr - he got shanked

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 17:04:00

At 9/4/09 05:00 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Come to think of it, I don't know. He probably was a bandwagon kind of thing, he was really popular only for a short time. I'm sure that's how Dane Cook will end up. Right now everyone knows him, give it a year, and upon asking his name everyone will either say, "Who?" or, "Oh, that washed up piece of comedic trash? I never liked him." even though they all did.

tl;dr - he got shanked

The problem with Dane Cook (and Mencia) is that he is just the same damn joke over and over. I believe he's already jumped the shark.

Eyyyy!!!

Ye

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 17:11:13

I've seen that one before! Fish dicks. Mencia was in it? I must not have been paying much attention. That episode wasn't as funny to me as some of the other ones this season. GET ON DA GROUND OR YOU'RE ALL GONNA GET IT, SEEEEE?

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 17:16:12

At 9/4/09 05:11 PM, michelinman wrote: I've seen that one before! Fish dicks. Mencia was in it? I must not have been paying much attention. That episode wasn't as funny to me as some of the other ones this season. GET ON DA GROUND OR YOU'RE ALL GONNA GET IT, SEEEEE?

It's on youtube, actually very surprised Viacom hasn't deleted it yet D:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeb9jHbSm us

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 17:20:18

At 9/4/09 05:04 PM, UberCream wrote:
tl;dr - he got shanked
The problem with Dane Cook (and Mencia) is that he is just the same damn joke over and over. I believe he's already jumped the shark.

Eyyyy!!!

Even worse, ignorant viewers think they're watching really hardcore and original stand up comedy, even though their jokes are all repeats based around a formula, or stolen, and they can't appreciate real stand up comics who put their heart and soul into their jokes from scratch.

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 17:21:19

At 9/4/09 04:48 PM, STEM wrote: Mencia made this remark, "I'm glad Hurricane Katrina happened," he said during his standup. "It taught us an important lesson: Black people can't swim.".

Since when did people care about being offensive in stand up comedy? Besides, if a black guy made that joke nothing would have happened.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 17:25:37

The show achieved moderate success in its first season and was brought back for a second season in the spring of 2006, becoming Comedy Central's second highest rated program behind South Park[4], and again for a third season that summer. It was eventually cancelled in 2008.

lol cancelled

Sig by BabiesAteMyDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Whatever Happened to Carlos Mencia? 2009-09-04 17:28:15

At 9/4/09 04:17 PM, UberCream wrote: He got fired by Comedy Central when they found out that most of his jokes and routines were stolen from other comedians.

and just realized that BEANER BEANER BEANER WETBACK JEW wasn't funny.