00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Meat-heads By Jack

177,828 Views | 923 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-11 17:22:21

Well I asked my sister about it (she's an insanely good artist, like if she used newgrounds her work would more than likely be frontpaged more often than not) and she says that the size of that tablet makes it just about useless. She said I should save my money for a Medium sized one, what do you think?

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-11 17:27:05

At 7/11/10 05:22 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: Well I asked my sister about it...

What do I think?

Is she hot? What's her sign? Tell her to call me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-11 17:29:33

At 7/11/10 05:22 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: Well I asked my sister about it (she's an insanely good artist, like if she used newgrounds her work would more than likely be frontpaged more often than not) and she says that the size of that tablet makes it just about useless. She said I should save my money for a Medium sized one, what do you think?

well get her to come here then, and yes its easier to use a medium sized one but it depends how often your gunna use it if you wanna spend that much

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-11 19:24:50

Well, It totally depends on your drawing style... And since your new; your drawing style will partly depend on what tablet you have...
I do wonder why you ask your insanely good artist sister AFTER you ask us...?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-11 21:32:54

At 7/11/10 07:24 PM, J-qb wrote: Well, It totally depends on your drawing style... And since your new; your drawing style will partly depend on what tablet you have...
I do wonder why you ask your insanely good artist sister AFTER you ask us...?

Because she's kind of a bitch, and doesn't use electronic drawing devices very often, so I figure you guys are used to electronic drawing devices so you'd know more about it than her.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-12 05:22:41

At 7/11/10 09:32 PM, JackDGreatest wrote:
At 7/11/10 07:24 PM, J-qb wrote: Well, It totally depends on your drawing style... And since your new; your drawing style will partly depend on what tablet you have...
Because she's kind of a bitch, and doesn't use electronic drawing devices very often, so I figure you guys are used to electronic drawing devices so you'd know more about it than her.

Well; a tablet is totally different from drawing on paper. If you are used to drawing on big paper, it would take some getting used to the smaller size; but it would take some getting used to the tablet anyways. With a tablet you can zoom (that is, in your art program) so size doesnt matter as much as in traditional media.
Agreed; a bigger tablet is probably better, the questions is if youre willing to invest so much in something that might not be that much better.

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-12 09:29:35

So would it be better to improve my ability to draw on only paper? cause I've got all the fancy pants Adobe programs (Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop) and I feel that they're just kind of there since my sister's moved out of my house and I feel I should take advantage of the situation and use these programs to their fullest considering using a mouse with these programs is a pain in the ass and a tablet is much more like pen and paper than a mouse is.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-12 11:01:30

At 7/12/10 09:29 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: So would it be better to improve my ability to draw on only paper? cause I've got all the fancy pants Adobe programs (Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop) and I feel that they're just kind of there since my sister's moved out of my house and I feel I should take advantage of the situation and use these programs to their fullest considering using a mouse with these programs is a pain in the ass and a tablet is much more like pen and paper than a mouse is.

its really up to you; I dont think there is a "better" choice; it just depends on what you want to do; if you want to draw using paper and pencil you should practice with paper and pencil; if you want to draw digitally; you should get a tablet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-23 01:49:16

So I got My tablet, and I find myself entranced by the way the strokes appear so smoothly O_O

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-25 01:31:19

I've been messing around with my tablet and have been having some troubles with Photoshop and Illustrator working, Here's a doodle done in Corel

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-25 04:49:24

At 7/25/10 01:31 AM, JackDGreatest wrote: I've been messing around with my tablet and have been having some troubles with Photoshop and Illustrator working, Here's a doodle done in Corel

Issues with the programs in general or with getting your pen pressure to work?
What tablet did you end up buying?

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-25 05:10:37

Just the program in general, Gonna reinstall it later. I got the Bamboo Pen, and it works great I'm getting the hang of it and am liking it. Here's a WIP on my Gerald Character done in corel. Still working on line smoothness and details

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-25 19:51:45

Progress, gonna put a gun in his raised hand and ad details and work on shading now.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 18:18:55

I gived 'im da boomstick. Only colored it to make it stand out more those are not the final colors, And the background isn't final either

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 18:20:53

At 7/27/10 06:18 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: I gived 'im da boomstick. Only colored it to make it stand out more those are not the final colors, And the background isn't final either

right.....

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 18:47:18

you suck

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 19:23:22

At 7/27/10 06:47 PM, sompoop234 wrote: you suck

thank for the constructive criticism, I'll be sure to take all your wonderful advise into consideration.Asshole.

anyway, got bored, got tired, drew this, 10 minute speed sketch thingy.
Title: YOU WOKE THE WRONG DOG.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 19:39:01

At 7/27/10 06:20 PM, JackDGreatest wrote:
At 7/27/10 06:18 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: I gived 'im da boomstick. Only colored it to make it stand out more those are not the final colors, And the background isn't final either
right.....

Not bad, not bad. The fingers are a little off, but it's decent for a first time digital piece. After you choose the final colours, make sure to add shading.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 19:45:03

I'm working on shading, and the fingers on the gun holding the hand or his free hand, or both? because the color I put on the gun is partially covering some of the line work on the fingers. thanks for the comment, been meaning to check out your shit johnny.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 19:48:52

At 7/27/10 07:45 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: I'm working on shading, and the fingers on the gun holding the hand or his free hand, or both? because the color I put on the gun is partially covering some of the line work on the fingers.

For the clenched free hand, put his thumb on the outside, it's much more natural. For his gun-gripping hand, his pointer finger seems rather small and weak. Fatten it up a bit.

thanks for the comment, been meaning to check out your shit johnny.

Don't bother, it's nothing worth checking out =P

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 20:33:10

for the free hand I took the reference of when I make a fist, I usually put my thumb in so that's why just about all my characters do that but if its more common to have it on the outside I'll do that.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 20:44:38

At 7/27/10 08:33 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: for the free hand I took the reference of when I make a fist, I usually put my thumb in so that's why just about all my characters do that but if its more common to have it on the outside I'll do that.

Yeah, if you put your thumb on the inside when you make a fist and you punch something, you're gonna break your thumb.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-27 20:47:24

At 7/27/10 08:44 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yeah, if you put your thumb on the inside when you make a fist and you punch something, you're gonna break your thumb.

well I don't generally punch shit, my fighting tactic is run the fuck away.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-29 22:13:01

I've been working on the background for my pic but that's not what I'm gonna show off right now. This is my woodshop project, Its only halfway done, I'm gonna finish it when I take advanced woods later on.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-30 01:23:13

Here's the background WIP.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-30 17:10:46

Update finished fire and smoke Though I need to blend some of it together still

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-07-31 17:23:26

Progress:

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-08-02 21:39:28

a little variation in background.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-08-03 01:15:12

Just finished the building one

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2010-08-03 02:28:49

One of my friends wanted me to draw her a cat so I drew her a cat... and I like how it turned out, I'm surprised honestly. gonna do another but put some time into it

The Meat-heads By Jack