00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hooovie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Take a look at this.

4,540 Views | 67 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 04:00:59

I just want to see wut people think of my drawings...like everyone else that posts here does too. I drew this one on the way to the restrooms to my school. (The lines were very long) This is "carbuncle" from "FFTA." This is in pencil. If anyone sees a stein near the bottom, its just a soda spill...

Disclaimer: i obviously don't own this character and im not claiming it as my own. Stik it in ur head that it's "fan art."

Take a look at this.

Yeah i need to work on a signature...maybe i'll borrow yours for now.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 05:23:31

At 8/13/09 04:00 AM, Zytemarre wrote: I just want to see wut people think of my drawings...like everyone else that posts here does too. I drew this one on the way to the restrooms to my school. (The lines were very long) This is "carbuncle" from "FFTA." This is in pencil. If anyone sees a stein near the bottom, its just a soda spill...

Disclaimer: i obviously don't own this character and im not claiming it as my own. Stik it in ur head that it's "fan art."

looks cool, nice shading, although there could be a bit more of it.
I dont know the character, so I wouldnt be able to tell whether it looks like the real thing, however I generally appreciate poeples own characters more... It is part of the creativity.
So next time do something you actually designed, mmkay?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 08:46:26

ITS LIKE SOME KIND OF DIGIMON

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 09:39:46

It looks pretty impressive. That's all I can say.
I'm not sure if it's accurate, as I'm not familiar with this version of the character.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 09:52:09

I don't know the character either but I like your drawing. For me the best part (which I find amazing) is the leg. The shadings there make your drawing credible with fur texture and volume. It looks really soft ! But the head is the exact opposite : flat (especially the scorn on its forehead). You can definitely take more risks and try (even if it maybe won't be good at first) :

1) to add a background which means putting your creature in a space
2) drawing the eyes openned and putting your creature not in profile not in front but something in between
3) trying more dynamic compositions

Anyway I just saw one drawing of you so I try to say some stuff just like that but if you showed us some more we would be more able to help you getting better ^^

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 10:14:20

the shading looks like you put a lot of effort in well done i would like to see more of your stuff p.s what does ffta stand for cause im sure ive seen that character before

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 11:27:11

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!
by the way nice drawing. : )

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!

It's alot more beautiful than it sounds.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 14:16:49

Thanx. I used to be only good at looking at one thing and drawing it on paper, i still am, but i recently learned how to draw my own things too. I will post up one of my own characters, but do i post it on this? or do i make a new topic?

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 14:20:04

At 8/13/09 10:14 AM, ashman112 wrote: the shading looks like you put a lot of effort in well done i would like to see more of your stuff p.s what does ffta stand for cause im sure ive seen that character before

"FFTA" is "Final Fantasy- Tactics Advance" its a game for the gameboy advance. They released a second part of it for the ds a year ago.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 14:32:09

At 8/13/09 09:52 AM, nonomiyo wrote: 1) to add a background which means putting your creature in a space
2) drawing the eyes openned and putting your creature not in profile not in front but something in between
3) trying more dynamic compositions

Thanx. I took a very strict look at it and the head does look flat. I drew this years ago and its funny how i didnt't notice that, lol. The little puff clouds behind it are the background, but i guess making them bigger won't hurt or maybe adding a few trees. I just added the clouds bc i wanted it to look like if it was in the air. The scorn on its head is actually very small, but i didnt like the way it looked so i made it a bit bigger than it usually is. Thank u all for ur posts! u are all being helpfull. Oh and try looking up this character in wutever search engine's images if u dont recognize it. "FFTA-carbuncle"

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 14:38:31

At 8/13/09 02:26 PM, Dexter3000 wrote: Very nice!it reminds me alot of Artwork from a fantasy book.

the shading looks good,how'd you shade it?

Thanx. I shade it with just a pencil. I dont like the way it looks when the fingers are used to smear the lead so, i mastered the way of the pencil. I lean the pencil a round 45 degrees and depending how dark i want the shading i would apply more pressure. If i make it a lilttle too dark, i try to blend it in with the rest.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 15:01:41

I found this character on google... you sould have said you used a model for this one

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 15:34:07

At 8/13/09 03:01 PM, nonomiyo wrote: I found this character on google... you sould have said you used a model for this one

yeah, he did say that.

At 8/13/09 02:16 PM, Zytemarre wrote: I will post up one of my own characters, but do i post it on this? or do i make a new topic?

Post it in here

BBS Signature

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 16:36:21

Here is one of my characters. I just wanted to draw something that looks innocent, but is mischevious. I named it "Boom Boom."

Take a look at this.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 18:00:33

he said it was an existing character but I didn't understand that it was a copy

Take a look at this.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-13 19:30:31

i'm not really into funny looking furry creatures but the shading is pretty nice

BBS Signature

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-14 00:26:30

At 8/13/09 06:00 PM, nonomiyo wrote: he said it was an existing character but I didn't understand that it was a copy

I mentioned it earlier, that im good at drawing something im looking at, but that i also recently learned how to draw my own stuff. Yes it is a copy, but not a traced copy. I wouldn't post anything i traced bc in my head, i would know that i didnt really put effort into it. I did this with effort, therefore i posted it.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-19 14:17:32

It's been some time since iv'e posted another of my works. Heres another. Again, not my own character and i don't claim this. For the ones who want to see creativeness, im only putting up wut i have scanned (i dont own my own scanner, i borrow one) so this is wut ive got so far. SOME of you may recognize this lil creature from a card game. I took this from one of the cards. I changed it a lil. As u can see there is only one hand visible, the card has both visible hands. Also, the egg is tilted in which it isn't in the card. Any comments?

Take a look at this.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-19 14:57:46

At 8/19/09 02:17 PM, Zytemarre wrote: For the ones who want to see creativeness

Yup.

I changed it a lil.

Not by much, sorry. You've done a good job copying and shading, but tweaks aren't creative.
Go ahead and copy stuff tho, if you like doing it. It'd help if you could link the original image, but it'd be good to give your imagination the keys to your brain; do a few doodles once in a while.

At 8/19/09 02:17 PM, Zytemarre wrote: wut

BBS Signature

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-19 15:06:51

At 8/19/09 02:57 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 8/19/09 02:17 PM, Zytemarre wrote: For the ones who want to see creativeness
Yup.
I changed it a lil.
Not by much, sorry. You've done a good job copying and shading, but tweaks aren't creative.
Go ahead and copy stuff tho, if you like doing it. It'd help if you could link the original image, but it'd be good to give your imagination the keys to your brain; do a few doodles once in a while.

At 8/19/09 02:17 PM, Zytemarre wrote: wut

LOL. Nice one. I like the "wut" thing in the end. Ah original image ey? I'm new at this so linking will be learned in a few days. "original image" meaning, what picture did i exactly get it from? or the original drawing of mine? if its the first one, u might have to chek out "red eyes black chick" on an image browser like guugle, sorry for the mispronounciation, im not sure if i can say that search engine -.-

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-19 17:00:41

really? yu-gi-oh? /sighs
original art would be better

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-19 18:37:47

At 8/19/09 05:00 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: really? yu-gi-oh? /sighs
original art would be better

LOL. I wouldnt complain if i were u, u drew naruto and a few more pieces that aren't originaly urs, but i dont mind. The bear is actually my idea. I have a some "new" stuff that no1 has ever seen coming soon. I just want to have enough ready till i post them up. It's a surprize...not big though bc im not known, but i soon will be with wut i bring 8) Keep ur eyes peeled for a thread named "Zytemarre's creations" in a week from now.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-20 01:04:58

At 8/19/09 06:37 PM, Zytemarre wrote: im not known, but i soon will be with wut i bring 8) Keep ur eyes peeled for a thread named "Zytemarre's creations" in a week from now.

I can't wait. My knees are trembling with fear. The Mayan calendar predicted all of this.

stop ego-tripping

BBS Signature

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-20 04:35:56

At 8/19/09 06:37 PM, Zytemarre wrote: Keep ur eyes peeled for a thread named "Zytemarre's creations" in a week from now.

Id rather you just post them in this thread. it already kind of functions as your personal art-showcase, so thos would fit neatly in it.

BBS Signature

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-20 13:53:08

At 8/20/09 04:35 AM, J-qb wrote:

Id rather you just post them in this thread. it already kind of functions as your personal art-showcase, so thos would fit neatly in it.

Ok i'l post them here.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-23 16:47:45

Here's my dragon. I took the head from the anime and manga called "Iki Tousen" or something like that, but it may be known as "Battle Vixens." I gave him a stormy background, if u can see it.... Unlike other dragons, he has a pattern on his side. Comments?

Take a look at this.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-24 00:59:29

At 8/23/09 04:47 PM, Zytemarre wrote: Here's my dragon.

oh yay you finally show us something you created yourself :D

I took the head from the anime and manga called "Iki Tousen"

damn it sorry guys i misread it, apparently he copied the head then drew the body, which is basically thick lines that have shades and patters :/
creativity always amazes me...i wish i could see it in this thread :/

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-24 01:13:07

At 8/13/09 08:46 AM, PaperBagMask wrote: ITS LIKE SOME KIND OF DIGIMON

I thought the same thing. It looks awsome though! What is it supposed to be?

BBS Signature

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-24 01:44:25

At 8/24/09 12:59 AM, TheSilentWolf wrote:
damn it sorry guys i misread it, apparently he copied the head then drew the body, which is basically thick lines that have shades and patters :/
creativity always amazes me...i wish i could see it in this thread :/

Did u see the bear? The bear is 100% mine. I got more stuff !00% out of my head. Just give me a couple of minutes to prepare it.

ITSRECYCLED- umm, i mentioned its form "Final Fantasy- Tactic Advance" and also came out in different versions of "Final Fantasy." Its a moogle...i think. Anyway, in tactics advance, its a monster that is summoned by a "summoner" which is one of the classes in the game.

Response to Take a look at this. 2009-08-24 01:53:11

ITSRECYCLED- umm, i mentioned its form "Final Fantasy- Tactic Advance" and also came out in different versions of "Final Fantasy." Its a moogle...i think. Anyway, in tactics advance, its a monster that is summoned by a "summoner" which is one of the classes in the game.

hmmm oops i guess i didnt read that...sowwy!!

BBS Signature