00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is anyone still christian?

6,197 Views | 149 Replies

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:03:14

I know, I think the plague will occur a little sooner, but that's just me. Of course, we will NEVER know when he'll save us though. I think it's in the book of revelation.

but yeah, atheists aren't really smart I'll agree

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:04:25

At 8/11/09 11:53 PM, agustana wrote: Maybe the world would be better without religion.

Go die in hell.

Don't fuck with ninja's!

Newgrounds Blog Topic- Easy Medals

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:04:41

At 8/12/09 12:00 AM, xlh2000 wrote: Fuck you all who say that religion is useless(in any way). people need religion to give them hope,to give them fear,and to give them reason.no matter what athiests say people need religion no matter what it is.Im cathlic.I dont go to church and Im not a very good cathlic but I believe.

That's exactly what religion does. It convinces you that you need it and tried to cover up the fact it's severely hindering to your mind. Without religion I believe we could've colonized other planets by now, no joke. Fuck, we could have cars that are entirely independent of fossil fuels at least.

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:05:40

Religion is really a rather nonsensical concept. After all, the idea in this day and age that we need supernatural explanation for the observable world is completely absurd, when we continually disprove what was once thought to be divine intervention, showing it to be nothing more or less than various converging natural processes which have been going long before humans ever existed, and will continue to persist long after. Given the size of the universe, the supposed argument that human beings and earth itself are too complex to have sprung out of existence by pure chance is arrogant and shortsighted in the extreme; in the vastness of space, the fact that out of billions of permutations, a select few beget life, means that even with the relative rarity of life, millions of planets are still likely to exist with various life forms,simply by virtue of chance organizations. The question is not "How could life exist at random?" but in fact "How could life not exist at random?"

The nonsensical nature of religious arguments notwithstanding, the fact that there are thousands of religions on Earth is itself a rather strong testimonial against the veracity of any of them. After all, only one of them can be the correct version of reality. I submit that unless a god or deity is proven to exist by controlled scientific scrutiny and laboratory observation, then the existence of a god is no more likely than the existence of a belt of ice creams cones orbiting Alpha Centauri, a theory which has an equal amount of evidence to support it, and about an equal chance of being proven correct if subjected to logical critical review.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:07:13

At 8/12/09 12:05 AM, Bolo wrote: stupid bullshit

Please get at least an IQ of 100 before making another post.

kthnxbye

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:07:27

At 8/12/09 12:01 AM, 1001115968 wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:55 PM, Nessbeatsfox wrote:
but sin..... hell..... heaven..... satan..... god..... please, be real man

I respect your thoughts but think about it.heaven n hell scared people.if there had not been hell i have no doubt that people 1500's or before or whatever would have killed each other much more frequently.

X-tra Large Human

Please see MY Threadand please post a comment

Gamertag: XLH nWo Steam ID: XLH2000

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:08:34

At 8/11/09 11:33 PM, 1001115968 wrote: Stuff...

I don't like to post in religious threads, but what 1001115968 pretty much sums up NG. Not very many "true" atheists, or agnostics (or whatever you call yourselves) have actually studied different religions and come to the conclusion that your believes make the most sense. Most of you just hate Christians.

My point is, make sure you know what you're talking about before you start talking bad about someone's believes.

And your not a preist? May the Lord bless you, my freind. you know what the few of use belivers are trying to say.

Don't fuck with ninja's!

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:10:21

At 8/12/09 12:07 AM, hateyou1 wrote:
kthnxbye

Look at who's talking hm. How coincidental.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:12:52

At 8/12/09 12:08 AM, agustana wrote:
At 8/12/09 12:04 AM, steelsammy wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:53 PM, agustana wrote: Maybe the world would be better without religion.
Go die in hell.
I thought you Christians believed that you went to hell when you died if you were bad during your life.

Therefore I can't 'die in hell'.

You're not a very good Christian.

Your not a very good listener. Anyone in hell suffers the pain of death for eternity, and anyone in heaven lives forever. Check that.

Don't fuck with ninja's!

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:13:37

nonsense
i have had an open mind my whole life now im not saying im atheist im saying i dont believe in any religion i dont even know if i believe in evolution but i definately dont believe there is a god

I have nothing against you or your believes. Everyone has a right to believe what they want, or how they feel.

like i said the bible is a long boring ass book written millions of years ago..... someone found it many years later and worshiped the book. now its the top selling book in the world

Still, on with the ignorance. This is exactly what I was talking about. Where do you get "million of years ago"? Most of the Bible takes place in Roman times. In fact, it has many references to Caesar. I could go on, but I won't bore you with details.

now i dont believe we shouldnt live our lives the way the bible describes we should because it does make sense to live that way

So you say you don't want to read the Bible, but you'd live the way it says to? That's the point of the Bible; to give us something to live by.

I'm being very real with you.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:16:43

At 8/12/09 12:07 AM, xlh2000 wrote:
I respect your thoughts but think about it.heaven n hell scared people.if there had not been hell i have no doubt that people 1500's or before or whatever would have killed each other much more frequently.

true true but back then they didnt have the technology we have today to prove it wrong, no we have proven it wrong
besides, people who fear hell are bible huggers who live out their lives in a cottage with no computer no tv no answering machine or anything like that, because the internet is sin, technology is sin, makeup is sin..... good god i could go on for days with stupid sins

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:21:34

At 8/12/09 12:13 AM, Nessbeatsfox wrote:
nonsense
now i dont believe we shouldnt live our lives the way the bible describes we should because it does make sense to live that way
So you say you don't want to read the Bible, but you'd live the way it says to? That's the point of the Bible; to give us something to live by.

well i live my life the way i see fit
i cuss, i have premarital sex... every day, i drink, i smoke, i watch bad movies, i have sick thoughts, i plan killings, i have a hitlist, i dont go to church....... does this mean im going to hell? in a bible hugger's eyes they wouldnt even talk to be cause im already "hellbound"

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:22:20

At 8/12/09 12:07 AM, hateyou1 wrote:
kthnxbye

I don't care if you want to waste your life subscribing to what is unraveling even by the present hour and day as an elaborate self-deception, which was primarily constructed to convince ourselves that living itself is not enough purpose for our existence, to turn a blind eye to our at-once incredibly complex and incredibly simplistic nature, in the hope that mortality is actually a perception and not a fact, that death is a doorway and not a thoughtless void, that somehow declaring ourselves profound and chosen, rather than the beneficiaries of incredible chance will make the idea any truer -- I have no problem with you or anyone convincing themselves of the truth of this inherent falsehood. But to refute out of hand any viewpoint which might challenge your irrational and archaic perceptions, to simply wave away criticism as if it did not exist, is a folly which will doom our sadly mortal species to an extinction from which realistically, there can be no return.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:23:58

you dont have to go to church to follow the lord, man.... i am living proof of that!

its a long way to the top, if you wanna rock and roll

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:25:53

At 8/12/09 12:04 AM, NeonFlame126 wrote:
That's exactly what religion does. It convinces you that you need it and tried to cover up the fact it's severely hindering to your mind.

People need it.the reason people stop believing is because people want proof.but meh

Without religion I believe we could've colonized other planets by now, no joke. Fuck, we could have cars that are entirely independent of fossil fuels at least.

ya it is a joke dude.how the fuck could we have colonized other planets without religion what the fuck?.I dont pay attention to the news or what ever but what?that seems like a way for you to try to make a point.I will admit that religion did try to destroy science around galilaio's time but still.
(i said what was going through my mind cuz i just couldn't put in words that made me sound smart.sue me.)

X-tra Large Human

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:29:22

At 8/12/09 12:21 AM, 1001115968 wrote: well i live my life the way i see fit
i cuss, i have premarital sex... every day, i drink, i smoke, i watch bad movies, i have sick thoughts, i plan killings, i have a hitlist, i dont go to church....... does this mean im going to hell? in a bible hugger's eyes they wouldnt even talk to be cause im already "hellbound"

In all honesty, you sound like most of the kids I hang out with. Though, I disagree with 2/9 of those things (the premarital sex, and to a lesser extent, the killings), nobody is perfect. I watch bad movies, I have my own hit list, I don't always go to Church. Christianity is about a personal relationship with God, not about being perfect. That's what most people don't understand.

It sounds to me that you've had a parent or a grandparent who was a "Bible Hugger" as you called them. (Lol. I've alwasy called them "Bible Thumpers").

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:30:21

It wouldn't make a difference. As long as the world has an opinion, there will be conflict.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:33:01

At 8/12/09 12:16 AM, 1001115968 wrote:
true true but back then they didnt have the technology we have today to prove it wrong, no we have proven it wrong
besides, people who fear hell are bible huggers (I think the jews also believe in hell or the idea of in a way)

:who live out their lives in a cottage with no computer no tv no answering machine or anything like that, because the internet is sin, technology is sin, makeup is sin..... good god i could go on for days with stupid sins

Cuz of the fucking hardcore christians dude.you know who im talking about.the people who hate gay cuz they think they're ruining the saintity of marraige or try to convert people other religions.
They need to be like the people who believe in Hinduism and not give a shit about people of other religion.

X-tra Large Human

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:33:31

DDROFLMFAO BIBLE THUMPERS!!!!!!!
oh.....
my.....
god.....
that sounds....... wrong

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:35:20

If there's one thing that I've learned in my lifetime, it's that unless you go to church, you're a rapist.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:36:12

At 8/11/09 11:25 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: That's because more and more children are being molested.

Poor things.

I think

I don't know if that post is funnier, creepier, or truer. I'd have to go with truer.

OP: I think Serendipity from Dogma made a pretty good speech on the topic. Something about faith being like a glass, and as you get older the same volume won't fill the glass. Seeing as the world is getting so messed up no matter how much people stick their hands together and say what the priest tells them to say, I can't say I'm surprised.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:36:21

At 8/12/09 12:33 AM, 1001115968 wrote: DDROFLMFAO BIBLE THUMPERS!!!!!!!
oh.....
my.....
god.....
that sounds....... wrong

Lol. You know, when I said it, I didn't think of it like that. Leave it to NG to take such a simple phrase and turn it into such a perverted saying!

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:46:48

I'm still christian. The reason people are convert is that God is presented wrong. People aren't coming to their senses, people are actually just getting the wrong image.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/lis ten/239580 - WGI Percussion style! What's that? Take a listen!

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:54:07

At 8/12/09 12:46 AM, RedHatCore wrote: I'm still christian. The reason people are convert is that God is presented wrong. People aren't coming to their senses, people are actually just getting the wrong image.

It's because of those people on the TV who pass off as pastors going "Give me money and God will love you forever" and people trying to change the text of the bible so it either contradicts itself or tries to make it seem like God sends anyone who doesn't believe in Him to hell, when it doesn't really say that.

It's actually around the same concept for every other religion. That's right, there's other religions.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 00:57:14

At 8/12/09 12:46 AM, RedHatCore wrote: I'm still christian. The reason people are convert is that God is presented wrong. People aren't coming to their senses, people are actually just getting the wrong image.

I have been going to a Catholic church for an awful long time (I am forced by my religious mother), and I still don't believe in it. I have listened carefully, but I finally realized "what if this is just a load of shit?". I believe Jesus may have existed, but the stories written about him are just made up to sound more believable since he was portrayed as the son of god.

Fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 01:00:08

not athiest, just lazy.

i like sleeping.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 01:02:37

At 8/11/09 11:26 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Because people are coming to there senses. Why, do you want a philosophical debate?

It's because there are plenty of those angsty, pseudo-intellectuals like GOTHCLAWZ walking the Earth.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 01:04:25

At 8/12/09 12:57 AM, Xarnor wrote: I also go to a Christian private school, which helps a LOT.

That is really the exact reason I started to doubt. I was given all this "information" and said to myself, "Are they serious?" Ironically, I never got lower than a 90 on anything.

By the way, don't let these other people bother you. :)

Great advice, be close minded and ignorant.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 01:05:27

If anybody today decided to sit down and write a religious text like the Bible, the Koran, the Talmud, the Torah, and then expected people to accept it as absolute truth, they would be scorned and reviled for being disgusting and insane profiteers who seek only followers for a cult (See: Scientology), and not "adherents for salvation". Why should we take any religion seriously, just because it's old? That's fucking retarded; When information is old, it is more unreliable. If anything, old religions are even more profiteering and disturbing than new age cults

Ayn Rand: May spiders infest her rotting cunt.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 01:05:52

No I'm Christ.

Turn left

BBS Signature