00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I Want To Record A Piano Song. How?

835 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So I have been working on a piano song for a little over a year now and am finnaly ready to start recording it. However, I have no idea how I would go about this. I only know that I could possibly go to the nearest guitar center, piano store, or music store that has a recording room and start cracking... but that would cost me money and I really dont want to pay 100$ for that.

So is there any affordable, free, way to record my piano song to where it would sound very nice and crystal clear with every note I play? I would really appreciate the help guys! Thanks. :)

P.S. Should I record a REAL violin in the background or a fake trance pad with my synthesizer? The violin would sound better but it would be freaking hard since I only know one guy who can play the violin that well.

Response to I Want To Record A Piano Song. How? 2009-08-05 12:31:40

Let's start with this:

What do you have equipment and software wise?

Some people will provide this service. For a small fee I'd help you with my 7CG piano samples, but that's only going to work if you have a MIDI file of the piece.

Response to I Want To Record A Piano Song. How? 2009-08-05 12:38:43

At 8/5/09 12:31 PM, nathanallenpinard wrote: Let's start with this:

What do you have equipment and software wise?

Some people will provide this service. For a small fee I'd help you with my 7CG piano samples, but that's only going to work if you have a MIDI file of the piece.

I have a very crappy midi keyboard, the sounds sound terrible on it, a podcasting microphone, and a MAC Tiger. I think my best bet, however, would be to go record in a music store recording room if my only opther option is to buy equipment that I would only use once.