00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JukeMix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"getlives" Game Team Needed!

2,472 Views | 30 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

"getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-25 15:43:05

I tried joining teams many times, but the leaders really never stuck with their projects, and we all kept losing contact, so I've decided to finally start my own crew, a real plan:

Team Name: GetLives
Team Site: GetLives.com (Nothing there yet.)
Team Goals:
Make a kick-ass platformer as our first project. (Already started.)
2. Make something else as a second project.
3. Keep making stuff and hope for the best!

Team Members:
Contact me if you would like to fill a void...
1. Project Coordinator - ME!
I will do most of the coding, if not all of it. I will also use my artistic abilities to help piece together the characters and their environment and design the menu systems.
2. Character Artist - VOID
The artist must create high quality pixel or vector art of all the characters we need. Obviously, this is a big job, because some characters will have many poses and animations. In our first project, a character artist is all I need to get the project done.
3. Environment Artist - VOID
The secondary artist position is optional and may not be needed, but if you volunteer, your responsibilities will include making backdrops for paralax environments and RPG-style tiles. You may also be asked to create tiles or objects for the platformer game.
4. Musician/Sound Artist - VOID
Obviously, we need music and sound effects to have a hit game, but this position isn't very demanding. I only ask for some addictive music which fit the mood of each game.

Other talents: If you have any talents I have not covered you thin could be beneficial to the group, contact me! (Coders welcome.)

Team Compensation: There will be no immediate payment. Keep in mind that I don't expect any profits from this venture, but if the ad revenue or sales cover the hosting bill, anything left over will be split between everyone who put forth a considerable effort.

Team Benefits: Each team member will have a staff position at the team site, where we will show off our projects. The site will be a useful place for keeping in contact. I will add a forum and some way(s) to share our files. I simply need to get the group together first.

Ways toCONTACT ME: You may send me a message on NewGrounds if you like, but you may also send me an e-mail at josh@getlives.com

Feel free to post a reply if you have any questions.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-25 16:05:45

I'm in. Check your message inbox.

Click my sig for a hilarious thread.

BBS Signature

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-25 16:24:14

This looks like fun, I send you a message via newgrounds.

Language Known: HTML/CSS

Learning Language: AS3, C++

Languages to Learn: JavaScript, PHP, MySQL, jquery, ajax. (long list)

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-25 20:26:38

At 7/25/09 03:49 PM, zrb wrote: Oh wooperz, I didn't see that you were doing the coding, I though you just surveyed the development and managed everything.

Coders are welcome, but I have no problem doing coding or art myself. Art seems to take a lot more time and matters a lot more, so I put greater importance on finding an artist. I can't make music worth using, but I would try to make some if I needed to. I have an old version of FL Studio somewhere and recently figured out how to make it play specific notes.

I have yet to get the positions filled, but I do have someone interested in designing the site. If he's any good, his design will save me a lot of time working on the site. I'm a Drupal nerd, though, so it'll probably take a lot of time to get the site up and running, even with a good layout. Drupal doesn't save time like Wordpress, but it gives you a lot more control.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-25 22:25:24

I'm interested, art would be my "profession" if I could become a part of this. Now I must add that essentially all of my Newgrounds profile is VERY old work, and before I had a Tablet. I have improved greatly, mainly because I now have a Graphire Tablet, and if you want I could send you some past and more recent work.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-26 00:37:48

At 7/25/09 10:25 PM, Smartdog wrote: I'm interested, art would be my "profession" if I could become a part of this. Now I must add that essentially all of my Newgrounds profile is VERY old work, and before I had a Tablet. I have improved greatly, mainly because I now have a Graphire Tablet, and if you want I could send you some past and more recent work.

I'm definitely looking for a good artist, so send me an e-mail with some of your art or post it somewhere.

Music would be great, but that may have to be a per-project deal, because different games need different kinds of music. We'll see.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-27 21:02:54

I'm still looking for both artists and musicians.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-31 01:53:29

Any room for voice actors?

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-31 03:52:53

At 7/31/09 01:53 AM, Nakoruru wrote: Any room for voice actors?

Only if you're extremely awesome.
Send me some samples. Just send some e-mail attachments.

All positions are still open, but several people have expressed interest. (Not in voice acting, mind you.) No matter what position you want, I'll need a sample of your work to be able to consider you for the team.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-07-31 06:09:52

I'll be the character artist, I use flash 8.

Here's a pic showing I can draw http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/bird-
man/snort

XD

BBS Signature

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-01 22:28:45

Welcome to the team, bird-man!

I'm still looking for one more artist and a musician or "sound guy".
If you're interested, post a reply, send a PM, or contact me via e-mail at josh@getlives.com

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-04 16:21:16

There's now 2 artists involved.
I'm still looking for a musician or "sound guy" and possibly a fellow programmer.
If you're interested, post a reply, send a PM, or contact me via e-mail at josh@getlives.com

I cannot promise any form of compensation for you work, but I will share any profits made from the games we make, if there are any. (I'm only saying this because some people were under the impression this was a paid job.) This is not a paid job!

I have set up an arcade at http://getlives.net
any games we make will be available there.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-04 16:27:11

At 7/25/09 03:49 PM, zrb wrote: Oh wooperz, I didn't see that you were doing the coding, I though you just surveyed the development and managed everything.

I know what you mean. You hardly ever see a programmer looking for people, it's mostly the other way round.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-04 16:38:05

At 8/4/09 04:27 PM, AnalogStick wrote:
I know what you mean. You hardly ever see a programmer looking for people, it's mostly the other way round.

I do the coding because I'm used to going it solo. I have no problem having another coder to help me out, though.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-04 17:47:04

Do you need somebody To do the writing like during cut senes

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-04 17:50:03

You didn't mention it, but if you need a voice actor I am willing to help in that case. Just let me know via PM. Thanks.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-05 10:16:47

At 8/4/09 05:47 PM, willbev wrote: Do you need somebody To do the writing like during cut senes

Yes, a writer would be helpful, but we don't necessarily need one.

At 8/4/09 05:50 PM, ForNoReason wrote: You didn't mention it, but if you need a voice actor I am willing to help in that case. Just let me know via PM. Thanks.

Your voice acting wasn't very impressive, so I'll pass. Voice talents would be helpful for some projects, though. I may post a recruitment thread on a voice acting forum later, when we need it.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-06 09:29:18

I hope this logo is good enough for the crew

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-06 10:51:26

I'm shocked to see a coder looking for an artist. That almost never happens!

Since you have your artists, let me know when you're ready to move into 3D!

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-06 11:35:18

I could try to be a character artist

BBS Signature

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-06 11:38:00

At 8/6/09 10:51 AM, Bubbowrap wrote: I'm shocked to see a coder looking for an artist. That almost never happens!

Lol i'm a coder and i've been looking for an artist for like 6 months now! x3

BBS Signature

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-06 12:53:28

At 8/6/09 11:38 AM, satanicgoomba wrote:
At 8/6/09 10:51 AM, Bubbowrap wrote: I'm shocked to see a coder looking for an artist. That almost never happens!

Lol i'm a coder and i've been looking for an artist for like 6 months now! x3

If you want to join the team as a secondary coder/artist, that's fine. You just have to prove you can do the work. Argentin is the lead artist at this point, but that's subject to change until the team is fully formed.

I'd like to move into 3d soon.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-07 09:05:43

Argentin has backed out of (quit) the artist position. I waited to see if he was just in a mood, but he's really not up for the position, so I'm short one artist again. If you apply to be an artist, stick with it. I can't tell how many people asked to be an artist and then suddenly changed their minds.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-08 16:27:02

At 8/7/09 09:05 AM, fjgamer wrote: Argentin has backed out of (quit) the artist position. I waited to see if he was just in a mood, but he's really not up for the position, so I'm short one artist again. If you apply to be an artist, stick with it. I can't tell how many people asked to be an artist and then suddenly changed their minds.

I am going to be as comitted as possible but I may only be available for two or so games. Believe me though I will try my hardest for any involved projects. I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-09 21:14:03

Lol, hey White Bunny! Guys, I'm going to be gone for a week but I will be working on character designs while I'm gone! Bye!

BBS Signature

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-10 08:38:57

At 8/9/09 09:14 PM, satanicgoomba wrote:
Lol, hey White Bunny! Guys, I'm going to be gone for a week but I will be working on character designs while I'm gone! Bye!

It's a bit odd how you just kind of... took initiative. In any case, though, I look forward to seeing the designs. Cheers.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-12 12:32:11

At 8/10/09 08:38 AM, fjgamer wrote:
At 8/9/09 09:14 PM, satanicgoomba wrote:
It's a bit odd how you just kind of... took initiative. In any case, though, I look forward to seeing the designs. Cheers.

Well I don't see how it's odd, but I need to know if we are making the platformer or some other project so I can make the art appropriately and accurately.

BBS Signature

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-12 14:41:01

At 8/7/09 09:05 AM, fjgamer wrote: Argentin has backed out of (quit) the artist position. I can't tell how many people asked to be an artist and then suddenly changed their minds.

Has you ever thought about this?
Why do all the artists leave?
Are they all idiots or are you doing something wrong?
To be honest you and the other guys that I talked to in the chat acted like total jerks and you pissed me off
I was dedicated to this team and you just made a fool out of me.
So if you really plan to keep the artists that keep come and g,I'd advise you to change your behavior and treat people with the respect they deserve.

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-12 17:37:26

I'm no longer actively searching for team members. However, if you are interested in joining the team, feel free to contact me. My projects are very demanding, so keep that in mind should you apply.

Thanks. kthxbye

At 8/12/09 02:41 PM, Argentin wrote: I was dedicated to this team and you just made a fool out of me.

Srsly, you are such a cry-baby. You'd quit a team just because you didn't like how we called you by your real name? Sorry, I guess, but I don't think I even care at this point. You quit, end of story.

So if you really plan to keep the artists that keep come and g,I'd advise you to change your behavior and treat people with the respect they deserve.

Not to start a war in my own thread but...
what do you even mean by "come and g"? "Come and go?"

Response to "getlives" Game Team Needed! 2009-08-13 14:58:19

is there a artist position still open? if u want me to show my art tell me what u want drawn and ill draw it