00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AidenGanzer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art of VeeWragg

597 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Art of VeeWragg 2009-07-16 17:54:40

Thought i should ask for some constructive crit. Im still wanting to learn more and expand on my skills. So anything helpful you can suggest to improve, id welcome it. Heres an example of my current aptitude...

Art of VeeWragg

Response to Art of VeeWragg 2009-07-16 18:00:53

I actually really like it.I love your brush strokes.I do suggest you do a bit of work on the hand though.It looks deformed.

Response to Art of VeeWragg 2009-07-16 21:02:20

Pretty nice. The lightning all comes from one source. The anatomy seems ok. The coloring looks ok. But I don't really get your shadows, there is alot of shadow from the cape on his chest I guess but there has to be some more on his pants then.... but there shouldn't be that much shadow on his chest or pants because the light is from above (check his hat) so you wouldn't assume his cape /cloak thing would create a shadow on his chest. Well it makes him kinda fat for some reason, I don't know but besides that the picture seems ok. So good luck with drawing, just stop drawing micheal jackson.................................
............. but that's probably just me ;(

Response to Art of VeeWragg 2009-07-17 06:17:05

At 7/16/09 09:02 PM, psicodemon wrote: Pretty nice. The lightning all comes from one source. The anatomy seems ok. The coloring looks ok. But I don't really get your shadows, there is alot of shadow from the cape on his chest I guess but there has to be some more on his pants then.... but there shouldn't be that much shadow on his chest or pants because the light is from above (check his hat) so you wouldn't assume his cape /cloak thing would create a shadow on his chest. Well it makes him kinda fat for some reason, I don't know but besides that the picture seems ok. So good luck with drawing, just stop drawing micheal jackson.................................
............. but that's probably just me ;(

I was actually intending there to be two light sources one from top and one from his left but i guess i didnt convey that very well =/ His jacket cape thingy is meant to be black so there wouldnt be might light bouncing off it but i do see now that i need to add more light in some places. Thanks.

...........This is my first/ only picture of MJ, it was for a friend lol