00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio loading Whats the best way?

466 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio loading Whats the best way? 2009-07-01 03:04:29

I have a problem with my flash games....The music loads before the pre-loader....This is obviously because when I linkaged my song I put Export in first frame....Well I need help. Whats the best Actionscript to use to load my songs on the second or so frame so My pre-loader loads first because this is annoying...
Any Help is welcome and if anyone helps me fix this problem i'll mention them in the credits in all of my future games that uses their Actionscript for the audio loading (Until I forget "Probably in a year or so")

Deleted account.

Please delete this account, not having a delete button in this day and age is just stupid.

Response to Audio loading Whats the best way? 2009-07-01 03:51:39

:( So no one can help me?

Deleted account.

Please delete this account, not having a delete button in this day and age is just stupid.

Response to Audio loading Whats the best way? 2009-07-01 03:56:04

Uncheck 'export in first frame'. Then create a blank keyframe after the preloader that will never actually play with a MovieClip containing the sound (not attached via AS). That way the sound will be initially loaded by the preloader.

Response to Audio loading Whats the best way? 2009-07-01 04:18:47

At 7/1/09 03:56 AM, UnknownFury wrote: Uncheck 'export in first frame'. Then create a blank keyframe after the preloader that will never actually play with a MovieClip containing the sound (not attached via AS). That way the sound will be initially loaded by the preloader.

OMFG Why didn't I think of that???? Thank you sooo very much!!!!!! It has worked and I've already Updated the notes for my game to give you special thanks!! Thank you again!!!

Deleted account.