00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YubaOfficial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Blast from the Past

520 Views | 2 Replies

Blast from the Past 2009-06-26 00:06:25

Has anyone here ever searched for an old identity of theirs, or an e-mail from many years before, and found themselves looking at an old web page, not updated in 8, 9 years, but still containing some sign that, yes, they were once present there? Because I just did, and I saw something that I had probably done without thinking, which was likely one of my first experiences on the World Wide Web.

See, back in the late 90s, guestbooks seemed to be all the rage with weeaboos (before the term "weeaboo" existed). I didn't know what "hentai" was, had barely gathered what "kawaii" meant, but ya know what, I was 9 years old and liked Sailor Moon, and that was all that mattered. Fast forward 10 years, and what at the time seemed funny looks like a long-hidden embarrassment.

So look, gaze upon the shame of SoulMaster71 (edited so nobody can track me)! But do not just gaze. Post your own images of your contributions to a different Internet, a simpler Internet, that I know I'm not alone in having had experiences like that.

Blast from the Past

Response to Blast from the Past 2009-06-26 13:59:22

And here's another one, from a bit later (2001, I think, or maybe 2000). This one had even more personal information about me: my IRL nickname was involved, instead of just an uncommon pseudonym like I used for the other. To believe that site would still be up all these years later...

Blast from the Past

Response to Blast from the Past 2009-06-26 14:04:50

No-ones Posting, Dont Bump The Thread.

/END THREAD

"Im a medic not a doctor."

"Whats the difference?"

"Doctors heal people... Medics make you more comfortable.... While you die."