00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Portal Suggestions

742 Views | 4 Replies

Art Portal Suggestions 2009-06-19 18:22:27

okay so I know the Art portal jsut came out but i thik while it is being worked on, some constructive criticism could be used.

1- The flow of art if extreme right now, but eventrually will cool down. The main thing i have noticed is how is the art suppose to be recognized? The flash portal has an easy recognition system and easy to ascess and vote, but the person who is not gong to go through 5 pages of art that is rated three to find one good one is a downside. I suggest a sorting system that brings highrated art towards the front on a easy to use tab, because obviously new submissions need to be rated first.

2- With the massive amount of art that is coming in, the lack of mods to edit out the not as good art is a real downside. I want to ask for suggestions to be able to have maybe art that has scores that are very low to be unadded? the scout system is very easy to get someone to scout you. It needs somemore working because at the momment i dont see a massive amount of consequence. This is because of the huge art flow.

Please put your suggestions that are said well-manneredly =D

Response to Art Portal Suggestions 2009-06-19 18:28:03

I would totally want to be a art mod! Otherwise, like you said, it needs a better soting system. I would also suggest putting the name of the picture by the thumbnail, instead of just the author's name. Otherwise i'm pretty happy with the portal.

The most cute, lovely kittens you'll ever see!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal Suggestions 2009-06-19 18:28:24

At 6/19/09 06:22 PM, makiuchi wrote: okay so I know the Art portal jsut came out but i thik while it is being worked on, some constructive criticism could be used.
1- The flow of art if extreme right now, but eventrually will cool down. The main thing i have noticed is how is the art suppose to be recognized? The flash portal has an easy recognition system and easy to ascess and vote, but the person who is not gong to go through 5 pages of art that is rated three to find one good one is a downside. I suggest a sorting system that brings highrated art towards the front on a easy to use tab, because obviously new submissions need to be rated first.

They've got art portal mods that look through the art and scout worthy users. Everyone whose also been scouted can also scout other users.

2- With the massive amount of art that is coming in, the lack of mods to edit out the not as good art is a real downside. I want to ask for suggestions to be able to have maybe art that has scores that are very low to be unadded? the scout system is very easy to get someone to scout you. It needs somemore working because at the momment i dont see a massive amount of consequence. This is because of the huge art flow.

Ok, it's obvious you don't understand this system yet. Look through the Faq and read what others have said before you make up BS

Please put your suggestions that are said well-manneredly =D

Read these

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Art Portal Suggestions 2009-06-19 18:37:56

they have about 10 mods and there has been almost 3000 submissions. I do understand the system, but it is not being watched over correctly. serioisly dude, and i do think there needs to be more of a recognition system

Response to Art Portal Suggestions 2009-06-19 18:43:11

At 6/19/09 06:37 PM, makiuchi wrote: they have about 10 mods and there has been almost 3000 submissions. I do understand the system, but it is not being watched over correctly. serioisly dude, and i do think there needs to be more of a recognition system

this is how it works. I-bot scouted all the Staff, the Staff scouted the art forum mods, and the mods are now scouting other artists so everyone who already has work submitted in the portal can scout other artists who have not yet been scouted. Maybe your standards are just extremely low and you think everything that's being submitted should be in the portal. In any case, read over the art forum rules. This is the wrong place to post it

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|