00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YubaOfficial just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vocaloids

507 Views | 0 Replies

Vocaloids 2009-06-17 23:33:08

OK, before those of you who know what I'm talking about start flaming me as a weeaboo, let me explain this to those whose lives have not been enriched by these characters.

From Wikipedia:
"Vocaloid is a singing synthesizer application software developed by the Yamaha Corporation that enables users to synthesize singing by just typing in lyrics and melody."

But they're so much more than that. See, if it was just a J-Pop speech synthesizer it would be one thing, but their popularity (in Japan and in the West alike) can more easily be attributed to the "mascot characters", the most famous of which is Miku Hatsune (or Hatsune Miku in Japan, since the Japanese put the family name first). These take the form of young, attractive girls (and a few dudes, such as Len Kagamine and Kaito), and are often used in videos made for Vocaloid songs. For a good example, see this video starring Miku Hatsune. High quality recommended. There's also a wiki specifically for the Vocaloid program and mascots.

So, who here likes this stuff? Personally, I like it quite a bit, but maybe I'm just a weeaboo who has only a 1% chance of losing his virginity this century.

Weeabaiting in 5, 4, 3...