00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Patrick8008 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audacity; make word longer

1,176 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audacity; make word longer 2009-06-08 05:13:59

i used a speech engine, cause i have no voice actor yet.
i want it to say yoouur grounded, mister!
but it came out like this: yower grounDET mistair!
it's ok, but i want your more stretched. how do i do that?

You should go to sleep.

Response to Audacity; make word longer 2009-06-08 12:36:10

Select the sound, then click 'effect' and choose 'change tempo' or 'change speed', and play with them. See which one you like more.

Response to Audacity; make word longer 2009-06-09 09:49:43

This is just what I would do, I dunno if it would create the sound you are looking for.

I would change the word that you want to change in the search engine.

I.E. instead of putting "your" and it coming out "yower" trying different spellings.. yure, yore, etc.

To get it more stretched without changing the sound of the voice to make it sound slowed down I would recommend lowering the tempo firs ("change tempo" under the selections). Don't worry about the pitch until you got the word the exact length you want it. after that, you'll need to pitch it up just a little bit to make it sound like the normal voice (change pitch) do custom baby steps to make it sound right.

hope this helped

BBS Signature

Response to Audacity; make word longer 2009-06-10 00:50:38

Record each word seperately, use the tempo inside the speech synth itself. If it's FL, it's the number near the pitch selection.

OR

Celemony's Melodyne.

Learn it, live it, breathe it.

Nuff said.

But really, if you have the cash for Melodyne, you would probably have a voice actor instead.

Response to Audacity; make word longer 2009-06-10 01:28:03

At 6/10/09 12:50 AM, InGenius wrote: Record each word seperately, use the tempo inside the speech synth itself. If it's FL, it's the number near the pitch selection.

OR

Celemony's Melodyne.

Learn it, live it, breathe it.

Nuff said.

But really, if you have the cash for Melodyne, you would probably have a voice actor instead.

Melodyne is the light at the end of the tunnel for a lot of people... chances are few will ever reach it... I personally will... why? Because I have a lot of money to spare, go go shift work!

Honestly though... I'm really looking forward to playing with it as I am starting to get more into vocals lately.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Audacity; make word longer 2009-06-10 12:11:07

I rarely need to use for anything major, it's mostly for FX work or backings to hooks, etc. Though I do have a singer coming in who has a tendency to give great performances, in-so-much as the emotion, but loses a few notes flat at times, so it's a god send for fixing that stuff. Autotune is crap, and I never use Melodyne's autotuning algorithm, I don't trust it. But yah, Melodyne works wonders and sounds nice and clean most of the time. And if it won't work, re-record the part and punch-in. I'm not afraid to comp vocals by any means.

Response to Audacity; make word longer 2009-06-10 17:57:19

Why don't you just put an ad for a voice actor?

GiantJuicyKickballs the voice actor! May The Voice Be With You!