00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Update on DNS Update!

19,190 Views | 183 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 21:28:50

At 1/19/04 08:36 PM, dark_samael wrote: Dammit Im having that too. IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THAT??

I'm having all the same problems listed in this thread. I have an update for anyone in Oklahoma on classicnet.net's internet service, it will be about another 24-72 hours before their DNS updates.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 21:35:54

thx for tghe fix. now the portal is a better place! and i can deposit now (w00t!!!)

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 21:37:37

At 1/19/04 07:54 PM, LockClock wrote: The portal entries are loading, but has this happened to anyone here? (See pic below) When I try to view a portal submission, it just stops loading during the middle and the rest of the page is empty except for the one box in the upper left corner. No matter how many times I reload, it's still the same thing.

This is exactly what's happening to me. :( I could view flashes on the front page only today, but now, nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 21:45:40

Damn, and I thought this was an 'ACCIDENT' on these website errors. To actually beleive most of us have to wait 72 hours for the service to get back. Whew good thing Tom and Wade warned us in the first place about this. But I wonder why in the hell this would happen in the first place. As soon as I went to see a flash movie... BAM! http://www.upload.ungrounded.net/etc. stuff pops up with the 'cannot find server' thing. This is really annoying now. Even if I wanted to search the movies / games on GOOGLE or other engine searchers, it wouldn't possibly make any differ.

shit.ninjas

BBS Signature

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 22:03:56

MAN WTF I'M IN CALGARY AND I CAN'T DO CRAP!!!! NOTHING WORKS!!!!!!

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 22:27:27

Seems things are slow with updating the DNS... I can surf the site and look about fine, but when I click to load a flash file (any flash file) all I get is a blank window and a "page cannot be displayed" error.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 22:50:04

Getting cold.....*shiver* so very cold.....

Must...have... my... New... Grounds... Ah....with..drawal ..setting.. in..

GAH I live next to Iowa who said it's work now nothing for me in Wisconsin at 9:50pm/jan 19.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 22:59:11

Hi NG and company:

Works here. Nice job guys and gals.

Fort Worth, Texas

Time to go to work . .
(re-loading my BLAM Boomstick) :)

Update on DNS Update!

BBS Signature

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 23:02:21

i'm hoping that was the reason i was getting so many errors...

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 23:09:43

I was wondering what was going on, this is my first time in these boards. because of the rules i read, I didn't know what to write. I am able to see the pages of NG, but I am not able to see the Flashes.... still, it keeps saying (Can not find Page). this is sad. until i saw this Post. Thank you very much Tom for letting us know what happened, I hope it is up soon. i though it was my computer that hated me.

Chronepsis Dragon, Elder

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 23:13:19

At 1/19/04 04:24 PM, 62733_ng wrote: If you are one of the unlucky few whos DNS still has not updated... (yes, we do exist)
I have made a program that will let you see the movies anyways...

1st. Download & install this: http://www.mabry.com/httpx.exe

2nd. Download and run my program: http://www.entermymatrix.com/newgrounds_movie_viewer.exe

All you need now are the movie ids that can be obtained by going to a movie and looking at your address bar, there you will see some numbers. Copy them and put them into the box labeled Movie ID!

* This is scary stuff.

I'm sorry, but with the way the internet is today it seems pretty unlikely I'll run ANY executables from a site this popular and open to assault.

Can you elaborate on what this .EXE is doing, and is it better to use this program rather than a standard IExplorer window ?

Update on DNS Update!

BBS Signature

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 23:16:58

Unless I'm mistaken, posting ANYTHING about OUTWAR, especially links to it is forbidden on NG.

Someone care to do the honors ? :)

Update on DNS Update!

BBS Signature

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 23:28:22

The movie , Evoution of Animation said, <cen , when I watched it it was weird.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 23:50:12

I get the <cen thing too, no amtter where I access the page from. But before it started happening, the one movie I saw worked great :).

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-19 23:52:31

NG is up is cali except that you get a clear submission page except for the Movie info box.

This problem so far only occurs on Windows XP, the computer i have with Win 98SE and Win NT2000 all run NG fine.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 00:03:26

At 1/19/04 11:44 AM, DescendingAngel wrote: I can view movies again, woot woot! It seems to be working here, in eastern Canada. Glad to know its safe again, hope you guys catch the bastard.

Hi my first post. Thanks for the update on whats been going on. My computer reponds prefectly now.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 00:23:00

I FUCKED UP NEWGROUNDS. HAHAHAHAH IT WAS ME. I HOPE YOU ALL DIE. FUCK EVERYONE HERE

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 00:26:44

Alls fine here in Oklahoma! Classicnet.net's DNS was updated tonight due to high demand (I'm not sure on the high demand update but its the email I got from classicnet.net){I hope this helps some people out there}.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 00:39:02

At 1/20/04 12:23 AM, TheGuyThatFuckedUpNG wrote: I FUCKED UP NEWGROUNDS. HAHAHAHAH IT WAS ME. I HOPE YOU ALL DIE. FUCK EVERYONE HERE

Joking about this is not recommended, as your IP and time of post have now been logged in the documents we are presenting to authorities for ISP cross-referencing. You are now a "suspect", and could potentially have your equipment confiscated for investigation. Congrats!

This stuff isn't kids' play anymore. It is serious breeches of privacy and security, and offenders will be prosecuted.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 00:49:54

At 1/20/04 12:23 AM, TheGuyThatFuckedUpNG wrote: I FUCKED UP NEWGROUNDS. HAHAHAHAH IT WAS ME. I HOPE YOU ALL DIE. FUCK EVERYONE HERE

Just rot in hell, ok?

*grabs dick*

BBS Signature

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 00:51:06

Jan. 19 11:48 PM, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, RoadRunner

I was getting the same <cen error everyone else was getting a few hours ago, and I just came back on to find that error gone. But now, the actual content windows don't load, as previously mentioned in here.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 01:25:04

Joking about this is not recommended, as your IP and time of post have now been logged in the documents we are presenting to authorities for ISP cross-referencing. You are now a "suspect", and could potentially have your equipment confiscated for investigation. Congrats!

This stuff isn't kids' play anymore. It is serious breeches of privacy and security, and offenders will be prosecuted.

Think about it Tom, dont you have to have an account before you can submit? This account was set up about an hour ago. How could i have done something a few days ago? Nobody is confiscating my computer

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 01:26:27

hmm works ok for me a lot of b/p pionts today for everyone.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 01:28:57

Think about it Tom, dont you have to have an account before you can submit? This account was set up about an hour ago. How could i have done something a few days ago? Nobody is confiscating my computer

LOL, that was a just a joke. I was just messing with you. Its cool.Scared you didnt i?

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 01:31:15

Everything is working perfectly for me - Broadband (cable modem)

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 01:36:55

Dude i hope u get but raped by a big hairy dude in jail, or get shot or jus die damnit.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 01:39:01

Thanks for enabling the voting again, as suggested by some of the posters, the best thing to do is just vote on some of your favorites to get the experience vote for the day. That's all I was concerned about, losing my 10pts for the day. Interestingly enough I can load the movies if I use AOL dialup but not using broadband through my regular ISP. I find it hard to believe I have to give AOL props for something but in this case, their DNS updated a little quicker (for me at least) than some others.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 01:48:40

>:( i live in flour bluff, texas and i cant view shit!!!!(1/20/04 12:46 am central time) goddamnit to hell who ever did this, you suck hairy munkey nuts. has soon has im about to make come back in my movies u go and fuck it up damn u, damn u, damn u

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 01:52:53

yea.... i noticed people who can't see shit blam shit so i figured i would try and save the un seen and look what happened, :(

You gave this entry a 5, raising its score to 0.16!

BLAM!!! Your vote caused that movie to go below the Portal's "quality threshold", and it has been deleted as a result.

Response to Update on DNS Update! 2004-01-20 01:53:39

I just saw the above post.
This is like saying bomb in an airport, not something to joke about. Even if it is some kid playing a game with a new account, i'm sure it will be investigated as if it were the real thing. Anyway, I hope everything gets back to normal soon. Tom & Wade I hope you find out who breached security, hang them upside down by their scrotum and force them to watch an endless loop of tricky the clown movies.