00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Enjoyedthat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Good Chiptune Programs?

1,201 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Good Chiptune Programs? 2009-05-23 18:31:04

I've already used LSDJ with a Game Boy emulator, I want to be able to do more that jut 4 channels, though. Any and all tips are appreciated.

Response to Good Chiptune Programs? 2009-05-23 19:04:12

Did you check out the free VST thread? There were some effects someone mentioned that would be good for that: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1042 375/1

Also, I haven't used the buzz interface, but you might want to check it out: http://www.buzzmachines.com/whatisbuzz.p hp

Response to Good Chiptune Programs? 2013-11-05 17:02:30

(first, sorry about my bad english)
MUSAGI 0.23 is the best program to do Chiptune (more easier than famitracker, lsdj and any other tracker) the design and the interface are easier than other software, and musagi was designed to do chiptune (again, sorry about my bad english)

Response to Good Chiptune Programs? 2013-11-05 17:14:47

FamiTracker is a pretty good program for making chiptune music and it's very friendly to beginners.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Good Chiptune Programs? 2013-11-05 17:27:17

In case you guys haven't noticed, this thread is FOUR years old.

I believe that's a record, as far as necros go...

Response to Good Chiptune Programs? 2013-11-05 18:57:34

At 11/5/13 05:27 PM, camoshark wrote: In case you guys haven't noticed, this thread is FOUR years old.
I believe that's a record, as far as necros go...

Nope, not even close.

Also, leaving this open because he at least bumped it with relevant information regarding the subject that others can see even if the OP isn't around anymore.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to Good Chiptune Programs? 2013-11-05 20:19:03

In all honesty, chiptune comes and goes over the years in small waves. It's one of those genres that will always be relevant/encourage new young producers to step up to bat for a moment.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Good Chiptune Programs? 2013-11-05 22:05:22

At 5/23/09 06:31 PM, eckmann88 wrote: I've already used LSDJ with a Game Boy emulator, I want to be able to do more that jut 4 channels, though. Any and all tips are appreciated.

I use Magical 8-bit, and it's free! It's very basic but not a lot of diversity to it, so in that sense it's sort of limited. But I have also heard Plogue Chipsound is supposed to be great too! But it costs some money

Check out my pages!

Soundcloud Youtube Twitter Facebook