00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AfroChan332 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprites Collab

18,601 Views | 404 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-17 22:56:53

You guys want free whistle points? The latest reviewer on the movie , Loney03DK, claims that they are stolen jokes with stolen characters.

It's against the rules for reviewing to claim anything is stolen in the actual review. So, go hit that X and get some whistle points, as well as having his worthless review taken down.

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-17 23:03:43

At 7/17/09 10:56 PM, Sunrie wrote: It's against the rules for reviewing to claim anything is stolen in the actual review. So, go hit that X and get some whistle points, as well as having his worthless review taken down.

There's always gonna be some over critical reviewing douche bag that likes to make himself look cool over the internet by talking crap about other people's work ^_~ we see it in the audio portal all the time.

Wyldfyre1

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-17 23:19:29

Well, there were TWO FF6 skits. ^_^

I mean, one was good, but TWO! Yay! Although the first one wasn't totally funny (sorry man), but the second one really got me, haha. Good job guys, hope to see something else in the making so I can tag along. :)

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-17 23:30:54

At 7/17/09 11:19 PM, Xenifus wrote: I mean, one was good, but TWO! Yay! Although the first one wasn't totally funny (sorry man).

Well, being the fella that basicly wrote that skit and did the silly voice acting for it from the bottom of my heart i say....*Dramatic pause*... ....... ..... .... ...... ....... ...................... thats fine. LOL Its not for everyone. hahah. Glad you liked the other one though.

Wyldfyre1

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-17 23:35:00

I know we'll be doing another one down the road. Obviously there will be some changes, there always are.

I do love the whole Celes stripper thing. The whole "pixled out" when she threw her clothes off is just too funny

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 00:00:04

Well, dispite what anyone said it got daily 5th =). Good work everyone! We got an award.

Wyldfyre1

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 00:01:27

At 7/17/09 10:56 PM, Sunrie wrote: You guys want free whistle points? The latest reviewer on the movie , Loney03DK, claims that they are stolen jokes with stolen characters.

It's against the rules for reviewing to claim anything is stolen in the actual review. So, go hit that X and get some whistle points, as well as having his worthless review taken down.

I checked his review, most of it was pretty dead on, so you'll be getting a garbage whistle for trying to. I'll be honest, I felt embarrassed watching most of the skits in the collab. It really felt like watching bad YT sprite movies most of the time. Maybe my standards are just too high (which is why I haven't even uploaded much to anything on NG in almost a year).

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 00:21:45

It woulda been nice if we did have a scene selection and all that to help out the viewers. Or even a next button or what ever. Still, i'm not gonna bash on our animations or say that its embarrassing. I'm really above no one in flash, or audio. So, i'll just say i had fun in doing this and it had some good and it had some bad. No need to worry about it. It ended up getting an ward none the less. So congrats on that. First and formost we need to remember not everyones the same on humor, and animation skill so thats gonna be a typical problem as is.

All in all it was fun while it lasted =). A honor to work with ya'll.

Wyldfyre1

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 00:36:20

At 7/18/09 12:21 AM, wyldfyre1 wrote: It woulda been nice if we did have a scene selection and all that to help out the viewers. Or even a next button or what ever. Still, i'm not gonna bash on our animations or say that its embarrassing. I'm really above no one in flash, or audio. So, i'll just say i had fun in doing this and it had some good and it had some bad. No need to worry about it. It ended up getting an ward none the less. So congrats on that. First and formost we need to remember not everyones the same on humor, and animation skill so thats gonna be a typical problem as is.

All in all it was fun while it lasted =). A honor to work with ya'll.

Eh, you got a point. Like I said, my standards are a bit higher (I blame YT) but I enjoyed the Mario movie. I still don't get the fanboyish on the sonic short (almost everyone hated sonic 06, even the fans!). Short but simple, plus my buddy didn't mind doing the Toad voice.

Still, if I can make a suggestion: have an animation average when picking people for the next collab, if you're gonna do one. Just letting anyone in who we don't know & who doesn't have a lot of experience is just a bad idea.

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 00:40:16

At 7/18/09 12:36 AM, gameboyplayer wrote: Still, if I can make a suggestion: have an animation average when picking people for the next collab, if you're gonna do one. Just letting anyone in who we don't know & who doesn't have a lot of experience is just a bad idea.

Agree'd.

Wyldfyre1

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 00:51:15

Or, what we do is much like the SF collab. Everyone can send it in, but only the best ones get put in. No one will know who's or what's in it until it's released.

As Wyldfyre1 stated, there were some good, some bad, some decent, but over all, it was a success.

Congratulations to everyone. Daily 5th! I knew it would at least get that.

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 02:46:42

Ok, so here's a wrap up of ideas for the next collab:

- Only the best get in
- FPS = 24
- All submissions in movie clips
- A scene selection
- A next and previous button during the movie
- More creative ideas.

Sega I'd like to help you with compiling the movie for number 2. I have a relatively fast computer with Flash 8. It can easily open large files, plus I'm on NG like every single day. I can also keep track of whoever joins and help people with problems regarding their movie.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 05:19:29

A lot of the ideas I had for this one which didn't make it is going on my mash-up, so you'll see them there (such as Lemmings singing Heigh-Ho as they plummet to their death).

At 7/18/09 03:00 AM, HyperGumba wrote: Good,better do this next time. Some where kinda ugly with JPGE´s n stuff. But the most were pretty good I think. I especially loved the part with Kirby and Snake.

Haha, thank you.

Oh, and if you would like another voice actor for your series, let me know. I did Broly and Sonic in the Game Ranger movies, and I'm voice Sin in the upcoming series Sleepless. Some day I'll eventually get a demo reel up on NG

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 05:26:52

im going to try and get more then one submission this time around, maybe two or three.
im gonna work my hardest on my scenes this time, and hopefully people will stop being douches, i mean yeah there reviews are constructive, but they also do pointless insulting too.

DOUGAPPROVED!!!!!!

Response to Sprites Collab 2009-07-18 06:11:22

Hey guys, congratulations to all of you (who took part in the collab) for the 5th place :) (I don't know if it's daily or weekly...)

Let's hope the next one (if there is a next one) does just as well, maybe even better!

:)